• Welcome to Pokemon Revolution Online. You're currently visiting as a guest. Sign up or log in to access the whole forum and start discussions!

Finished Mini Bosses

Dakivid

Rookie Trainer
Mini Bosses

Hey and welcome to the guide about Mini Bosses. Mini Bosses were added recently and are here to complete the PokéDex without catching Legendaries. Most Legendaries have a Base Stat Total of above 600, which makes them banned from Ranked PvP. This guide will be updated every time prizes change or new Mini Bosses were added.

General Information

Mini bosses have a random cooldown between one and three days and the availability can be checked in the bottom left house of Lavender Town by Mystic Meg, or in the house right next to the Costume Mart on the top left in Ecruteak City by Mystic Mog. Items such as Revives, Full Restores and Elixires are dropped as one to eight pieces.

Requirements

You have to be Hoenn Champion in order to challenge the following Mini Bosses.

Mini Bosses

Steel-Mewtwo

Cerulean Cave B1F

Reward
Mewtwo Obtained Data, 4.000 - 6.000 Pokédollar, Full Restores/Ultra Balls/Revives/Focus Sashes/PP Ups/Elixirs/Rare Candies

Ho-Oh

Bell Tower Roof

Reward
Ho-Oh Obtained Data, 4.000 - 6.500 Pokédollar, Full Restores/Ultra Balls/Revives/Focus Sashes/PP Ups/Elixirs/Rare Candies

Lugia

Whirl Islands B4F

Reward
Lugia Obtained Data, 4.000 - 6.000 Pokédollar, Full Restores/Ultra Balls/Revives/Focus Sashes/PP Ups/Elixirs/Rare Candies

Mega Rayquaza

Sky Pillar 6F

Reward
Rayquaza Obtained Data, 4.000 - 8.000 Pokédollar, Full Restores/Ultra Balls/Revives/Focus Sashes/PP Ups/Elixirs/Rare Candies

Primal Kyogre

Marine Cave End
(Cave of Origin B3F, Sootopolis City)

Reward
Kyogre Obtained Data, 4.000 - 8.000 Pokédollar, Full Restores/Ultra Balls/Revives/Focus Sashes/PP Ups/Elixirs/Rare Candies

Primal Groudon

Terra Cave End
(Cave of Origin B3F, Sootopolis City)

Reward
Groudon Obtained Data, 4.000 - 8.000 Pokédollar, Full Restores/Ultra Balls/Revives/Focus Sashes/PP Ups/Elixirs/Rare Candies

Tips on how to beat the Mini Bosses

Gyarados does well against all of the listed Mini Bosses, but Primal Kyogre. Ferrothorn can also beat and wear down bulkier Mini Bosses such as Primal Kyogre and Lugia with Leech Seed. Reflect and Light Screen support can also help the attackers to survive the hits of the legendary Pokémon better. Prankster Thunder Wave is also nice to cripple the opponents speed stat.

If you have trouble beating some bosses, make sure to check out the following guides:
https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/►-boss-guide-updated-9-02-18-saphirr-boss-added-all-bosses-rewards-requirements.72663/
https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-beat-every-boss-with-the-least-amount-of-pokemon-updated-thor-team-strategies-soon™-27-05-2018.83046/

If you get to know more information than I have posted in this thread, feel free to post your additions below, so I can update the missing things.

How to solve the issue with Mini Bosses that are not appearing
Step slowly on the following marked spots: (without a mount)

Groudon Mini Boss:

Kyogre Mini Boss:

Lugia Mini Boss:
Update Log
#1 - 3rd June 2018 - Updated to correct rewards
#2 - 18th September 2018 - Added ways to debug non-appearing Mini Bosses

Last edited:

hahahaka

Veteran Trainer
Great guide
Thank you very much
I think the requirements for some of them may need to be clarified
it didnt work because there is a rayquaza on top of sky pillar ofter beating the moon thing.

you have to battle that one first
https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/rayquaza-mini-boss-didnt-worked.95724/post-542078
from what Thor said, we have to beat the old legendary pokes first, if the new mini boss is at the same place
then the new mini bosses would appear (assuming after reentering the map)
Lugia does not have this problem
but Ho-Oh and Rayquaza do
I'm sure they are at the exact same places as the old one
can't remember does Mewtwo the same too

Kyogre and Groudon mini bosses are at the same places as Maxie and Archie bosses
I think we have to battle with Maxie and Archie first, with 100 hours hoenn playtime
no matter win or lose, they would disappear forever
then I assume the 2 mini bosses would appear after reentering the map

Latias

Junior Trainer
Donator
Great guide
Thank you very much

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/rayquaza-mini-boss-didnt-worked.95724/post-542078
from what Thor said, we have to beat the old legendary pokes first, if the new mini boss is at the same place

Kyogre and Groudon mini bosses are at the same places as Maxie and Archie bosses
I think we have to battle with Maxie and Archie first, with 100 hours hoenn playtime
I can confirm that some of the old Legendary Pokemon need to have been fought in order to challenge the mini-bosses. Otherwise, the mini-boss simply won't appear. This doesn't apply to all mini bosses though,

For instance, the Steel-Mewtwo mini boss won't appear if you haven't yet defeated Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave B1F for his original dex data.

The same goes for the Mega Rayquaza mini boss on Sky Pillar 6F; if you haven't already defeated the Rayquaza that Jackson battles with in the middle of the Hoenn story, the mini boss won't appear for you either.

I would assume Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon mini bosses are affected in the same way, where they won't appear if you haven't defeated the Aqua and Magma Leaders for Hoenn story yet. I haven't tested it though.

Also, I obtained 4 PP Ups from the Lugia mini boss!

hahahaka

Veteran Trainer
I can confirm that some of the old Legendary Pokemon need to have been fought in order to challenge the mini-bosses. Otherwise, the mini-boss simply won't appear. This doesn't apply to all mini bosses though,

The same goes for the Mega Rayquaza mini boss on Sky Pillar 6F; if you haven't already defeated the Rayquaza that Jackson battles with in the middle of the Hoenn story, the mini boss won't appear for you either.

-snap
thank you for confirming that:RowletHeart:

for Rayquaza, I remember there is another old Rayquaza standing at there after I beat hoenn e4
therefore that one is not part of the story
it's for Rayquaza seen dex

Dakivid

Rookie Trainer
Great guide
Thank you very much

For instance, the Steel-Mewtwo mini boss won't appear if you haven't yet defeated Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave B1F for his original dex data.

I would assume Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon mini bosses are affected in the same way, where they won't appear if you haven't defeated the Aqua and Magma Leaders for Hoenn story yet. I haven't tested it though.

Also, I obtained 4 PP Ups from the Lugia mini boss!
First of all, thank you for your comment. From what I have heard, Hoenn Champion is required for all of them. Also, as you guys said, you will have to beat the Legendary Pokémon (Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre) in the story first, before their Mini Boss spawns.