PVP Council

Njnp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think this game needs a PVP council asap. I consider the actual metagame unhealthy and less competitive than the previous ones. I know this is a MMORPG and the market is very relevant and, infact, i think that the PVP leaders shouldn't have only the power to ban and not ban some specific pokèmons but also they should be able to decide the tiering of the pokèmons to hunt. For example: if the metagame needs more sand i'd lower the tier of Larvitar and Hippopotas by 1 stage or more in case of need. And ofc increasing the tiering of the broken and centralizing pokèmons (for example Timburr) by also deleting some spawn locations. This would make this (fantastic) game more competitive and more similiar to games like Clash Royale which is balancing things every month. And this would make this game more fun in the PVP side because we will see different metagames from season to season. I personally think this work is needed because the metagame is costantly in evolution and without a supervisor it can be more uncompetitive and boring than ever. Of course, when I talk about fixing the spawn rates i'm not talking to make Drillbur, Dratini T1 but simply lowering and increasing their tier by 1-2 stages.

• Like 2

I don't see adjusting rarities as an effective way to impact the PvP metagame.

All it does is make people pay a little more for the Pokemon they want, or spend that little bit more time hunting.

I do agree that we need our own suspect tests, apart from Smogon. Even though Pokemon like Conkeldurr aren't broken per se, they are certainly centralizing. A suspect test metagame without Conkeldurr may prove interesting. However, I'm dubious on whether these will have any effect, considering 80% of players in prior suspect tests did nothing but parrot Smogon or produce no real argument at all.

• Like 1

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

but also they should be able to decide the tiering of the pokèmons to hunt.

And ofc increasing the tiering of the broken and centralizing pokèmons (for example Timburr) by also deleting some spawn locations.

Rarities will not be adjusted based on PVP viability or anything.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

I don't see adjusting rarities as an effective way to impact the PvP metagame.

All it does is make people pay a little more for the Pokemon they want, or spend that little bit more time hunting.

I do agree that we need our own suspect tests, apart from Smogon. Even though Pokemon like Conkeldurr aren't broken per se, they are certainly centralizing. A suspect test metagame without Conkeldurr may prove interesting. However, I'm dubious on whether these will have any effect, considering 80% of players in prior suspect tests did nothing but parrot Smogon or produce no real argument at all.

Honestly you answered the first question with the second sentence. I asked this because there are some pokemons which need a ban for their overcentralizing aspect (if changing spawn rate is not possible) and it'd be absurd to ban them knowin that later, when others pokes will be added, you have to change again the future metagame.

However doing suspects without a tiering council is useless because i don't consider the level of the players enough high to revolutionize the current metagame. Also if we have to take in consideration the Smogon figure, suspecting is always an idea from PVP Council and they have all the rights to redo the suspect in the case they don't see good and well made explanations.

Honestly you answered the first question with the second sentence. I asked this because there are some pokemons which need a ban for their overcentralizing aspect (if changing spawn rate is not possible) and it'd be absurd to ban them knowin that later, when others pokes will be added, you have to change again the future metagame.

However doing suspects without a tiering council is useless because i don't consider the level of the players enough high to revolutionize the current metagame. Also if we have to take in consideration the Smogon figure, suspecting is always an idea from PVP Council and they have all the rights to redo the suspect in the case they don't see good and well made explanations.

It's certainly possible with heavy moderation, but the moderators themselves would have to be very well-versed in PvP...

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...