PVP Council

Njnp

+1

The idea of a council should've been sparked since the beginning of pvp or at least when it got its first fundamentals as a meta, competitive pokemon needs consolidation for it to work and prevail through the future of its meta, in the case of pvp, the potential release of new legendaries/new gen mons/megas, in conjuction with power creep as any competitive pokemon meta goes through. As pvp stands, i believe much can be done to make it a more competitively positive experience, as well as more welcoming, especially for those who are tired or never been interested of the current pvp meta.

This will probably be a bit of a controversial opinion to some of you, but i believe those who think the community as a whole can come to terms and decide whats best for the meta is absolutely laughable, to think that every person's opinion's about competitive mons should be regarded the same for everyone is pure idiocy. The fact is, some people are clearly more informed and qualified than others, the problem worsens when you come about hearing some of these members opinions. Regarding a thread i made about manaphy i definitely sense a lot of inexperience towards them, not so much about pvp but more so on mons in general (shaky/incorrect definitions of a check or counter, bad communication/terminology which is a sign of little experience in discussions weather it be participating or simply viewing them, use of fallacious arguments, more popular ones being the use of false equivalencies to prove their arguments right and the anecdotal fallacy making them only regard their personal experience towards a general topic). That is why i believe a "pseudo authoritarianism" would be the best for the future of pvp, there is just simply too much discrepancy from all the members' competitive experience in this game, obviously the rest of the community would still get their influence on suspect tests as long as they meet requirements of course, (which is another topic that i feel should be discussed in the future as well). Also for those who took the authoritarianism bit a little too seriously, calm down this is only about a game lol.

The only problem that concerns me is who to exactly trust for the council, this might be a smaller problem than i make it out to be just because i dont know a lot of people here, however it is for sure something to take note, abuse of power can be very detrimental and potentially harmfull enough so a pvp council would be revoked, never to exist ever again.

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A PvP council at this date is not reasonable as we have very experienced staff members within the team who got the knowledge to possibly make decisions that have an effect on our PvP Rules.

Locked.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

Re-open until further notice, please keep this thread to actual discussions about the proposed PvP council, I will remove all bumping posts.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Since the thread is open again, and Mega are being coded, i would like to says that this is one of the best idea I've seen in this forum. This is indeed not perfect, but still a pretty good idea.

As someone mentionnned Genesect earlier in the thread, I also remember being swept a few time by Blaziken Speed Boost. I've also been trapped a few time by Shadow Tag Gothitelle. I still cant believe that people needed to make a forum post to get those things banned. Will the same thing happens with the incoming Mega, cos honestly, I dont think we need to make a thread to ban Salamence Mega. ;) A council of good PVP players with enough experience and knowledge could help avoid some of these things imo.

I like the Staff team, they're mostly gentle and do a lot for this game. But being a Staff Member dosent give you all the knowledge needed to take some important ban decision. I've heard much people, Staff or not, telling that we follow Gen7 6V6 OU, and that Ubers are banned. Why should we keep the same ban list as Showdown if our meta is different? Some Pokemon must be quick ban indeed, such as some incoming mega, but some other Pokemon, such as CONKELDUR deserve a serious action ban or not. Also, Mawille Mega wich is coming could need some attention depending of the new meta and the missing Legendary & Gen7 Pokemon. A council made of Good PVP players could help to take wise decision on that matter.

I've read stuff about people talking of economy. I prefer to have a funny and competitive PVP than have a good economy. Money come and go. Also, having a PVP council dosent mean that Pokemon are going to be banned every month. This is mainly to avoid some abuse and make the PVP a better place.

I also read stuff about personal interest. I'm not scared about it. Even if possible, this problem could be solved simply by adding a few more players to the council, five does not seem much. Also I would like to take my exemple. There was a thread on Conkeldurr wich I didnt participate cos I was buzy at that time. Still I think that Conkeldurr deserve a ban at 70-75%. And I'm not crying like a kid that can handle a Conkeldurr. I use it, and I know it's broken. I think that there is honest player that are able to be rational and do what is needed, even if they like or use the Pokemon.

So, as said previously, I think this council should have more than 5 players on it. Could be good PVP players with constant rating. Constant rating means knowledge about meta imo. More players also means differents opinions, more talk and then better decision. There could be a democratic system in the group itself, but I'm too lazy too think and talk about it. =P

If a council was made, it could be a good idea to have a place/room on offical PRO discord where those council members could talk about important things ect. Could be also accessible to Staff, or not. Maybe it's not needed, just sharing the idea. I hope both of staff and player will work together to make this council and preserve a heathly Meta.

Thanks for your attention. =D Good day have fun!

Edited by Madtrainer
  • Like 4

Madtrainer_Jolteon.gif.207f7bcf3067bf69eb5205ea0bc33f66.gif

Hello, this idea was really good and totally possible in this game.

This game doesnt follow any other meta game, and with the Mega evos could be a great idea create the council. Also for a future "Tiers".

A council with tops players + staff members to discuss about competitive mons, abilities and moves sounds pretty good.

In addition, with a good council we can create more diversity in the game and much more unique strategies.

[spoiler=Examples]

To add examples (obvious examples) I want mention Greninja, a UBER pokemon in gen 6 metagame (with megas).

In Pro, Greninja is really far to be this Uber poke. Its just a good pokemon, but not broken or unbalanced.

Another example could be Mega Mawile and Mega Metagross.

Mega Mawile was uber in Gen 6, but OU in Gen 7.

Will be banned in PRO? We need to wait some days to see how it adapts to the game?

Mega Metagross was OU in Gen 6 (and not much "Popular", but with Gen 7 and the terrains he was banned. What will happens here?

We can discuss all this questions and every single Pokemon in the council.

Of course for most of the experimented players this questions are easy to solve, but anyways deserve at least a discussion about it, and the council is the better way in my opinion.

I hope you consider the idea and could be implemented soon.

Thanks for your time!!!

Since the thread is open again, and Mega are being coded, i would like to says that this is one of the best idea I've seen in this forum. This is indeed not perfect, but still a pretty good idea.

As someone mentionnned Genesect earlier in the thread, I also remember being swept a few time by Blaziken Speed Boost. I've also been trapped a few time by Shadow Tag Gothitelle. I still cant believe that people needed to make a forum post to get those things banned. Will the same thing happens with the incoming Mega, cos honestly, I dont think we need to make a thread to ban Salamence Mega. ;) A council of good PVP players with enough experience and knowledge could help avoid some of these things imo.

I like the Staff team, they're mostly gentle and do a lot for this game. But being a Staff Member dosent give you all the knowledge needed to take some important ban decision. I've heard much people, Staff or not, telling that we follow Gen7 6V6 OU, and that Ubers are banned. Why should we keep the same ban list as Showdown if our meta is different? Some Pokemon must be quick ban indeed, such as some incoming mega, but some other Pokemon, such as CONKELDUR deserve a serious action ban or not. Also, Mawille Mega wich is coming could need some attention depending of the new meta and the missing Legendary & Gen7 Pokemon. A council made of Good PVP players could help to take wise decision on that matter.

I've read stuff about people talking of economy. I prefer to have a funny and competitive PVP than have a good economy. Money come and go. Also, having a PVP council dosent mean that Pokemon are going to be banned every month. This is mainly to avoid some abuse and make the PVP a better place.

I also read stuff about personal interest. I'm not scared about it. Even if possible, this problem could be solved simply by adding a few more players to the council, five does not seem much. Also I would like to take my exemple. There was a thread on Conkeldurr wich I didnt participate cos I was buzy at that time. Still I think that Conkeldurr deserve a ban at 70-75%. And I'm not crying like a kid that can handle a Conkeldurr. I use it, and I know it's broken. I think that there is honest player that are able to be rational and do what is needed, even if they like or use the Pokemon.

So, as said previously, I think this council should have more than 5 players on it. Could be good PVP players with constant rating. Constant rating means knowledge about meta imo. More players also means differents opinions, more talk and then better decision. There could be a democratic system in the group itself, but I'm too lazy too think and talk about it. =P

If a council was made, it could be a good idea to have a place/room on offical PRO discord where those council members could talk about important things ect. Could be also accessible to Staff, or not. Maybe it's not needed, just sharing the idea. I hope both of staff and player will work together to make this council and preserve a heathly Meta.

Thanks for your attention. =D Good day have fun!

Conkeldurr case is similar to Landorus. Conkeldur was OU and really really Spammed, like now in PRO. But in my opinion, this pokemon is really good for OU but not enought to ban it. Anyways this Pokemon is another example that we need a council.

• 1 year later...