PRO Wiki: discussion and updates

Haneroze

Which side areas do you want to see on the wiki next?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which side areas do you want to see on the wiki next?

• Love Island
    • Pinkan Island
    • Dock Island
    • Nap Island
    • Leev Town

Hello folks!

I'm Haneroze, currently the main PRO Wiki editor. When I started editing, there was only Kanto that was "complete" (yet still outdated), and the areas of all other regions were all in placeholder phase or even just plain missing. I'm happy as of now to announce that the wiki is now up-to-date for all of the main regions! However, having worked all alone, there's bound to be errors here and there. A feature I missed, an incorrect spawn info, etc. Normally in wikis, reporting those in Talk pages is easy, but PRO's wiki account creation isn't automatic and requires approval.

So I'm opening this thread to allow you to communicate easily with me.

As of now, the focus was mainly on areas, so pages for Pokemons, bosses, moves, etc. are not up-to-date. Furthermore, there are still a few Area features that are not updated, notably:

-World map and Area maps (Sinnoh however has a custom World Map made before it was added to the in-game map)

-Pokemon Sprites (for bosses and gym leaders)

-Headbutt spawns

-Honey Trees

-October 28th 2018 update: All side islands (except Sevii Islands due to its impending rehaul) have been completed. I've also started updating and creating Move pages, and right now, about 10% of all moves are done. Finally, Wiki editors that have recently joined me have also worked on pages related to Legendary Pokemons.

You can use this thread to report incorrect or missing information on area pages, to give suggestions on how the information could be better presented, or simply to talk about the wiki in general!

Edited by Haneroze
  • Like 2

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png

I've personally never went to Pinkan Island, and I don't intend on working to get pink pokemons, so that's something I'll never get to. However, if you can manage to find any of the missing pink pokemon, even if just linked in trade channel or on the forum, you can take a screenshot and send it to me, I'll add it to the list.

-Headbutt spawns

-Honey Trees

I feel like creating pages especially for Honey Trees might be quite useful. Also good work on the Wiki, I know how tedious it is working on it, so I appreciate it. .)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Ideally, every feature spread to multiple areas should have its own page, with related areas having a link to it. I haven't done that yet, but there's Xylos that started doing that for legendaries (or at least, only Celebi quest for now).

However, area pages still don't even have a mention of Honey Trees, which is what I've referring to. It's definitely going to be a goal to work on that someday.

• 1 month later...

Hello folks!

Bumping this thread to update you all. I've just finished updating all the side islands (except Sevii Islands due to its impending rehaul) in the order you have voted for. I could see why Leev Town and Dock Island weren't popular (´・ω・`)

I've also started updating and creating Move pages, and right now, I'm about 10% done (soooo many moves!). I've been looking forward to accurately giving a list of bugs for each moves, so that players can easily get an idea of how a move differ from original games. This is definitely taking a while though, so I'm doing it in bulks of 25 moves between other big updates.

Finally, wiki editors that have joined me recently have been working on pages related to Legendary Pokemons for now. It's not complete yet, but that's definitely something to look forward to!

Right now, we've been informed of an update on the wiki that will cause a roll back on the site, so we had to slow down. We can still work and save pages offline so that we can repush the changes after the update, but that makes it less ideal to work, especially for minor changes. I'll be thinking about what to do next when the update is done, but perhaps you people have some preferences?