Legendary Pokemon on PvP

Marola

I'm making this tread to argue about legendaries at pvp battles.

Even when i was playing the original pokemon games i never liked using them cause for me it makes the battle agaist other pokes (that can be already very rare (epic IVs, Nature, h.a...)) unfair, and game way easier than it should be.

On this game we have awesome bosses with strong pokemons (even megas) and it should be ok to use legendaries agains them (PvE). But for PvP in my opinion it makes battles less strategic and more about hwo has more legendaries.

my opinion is that legendaries should be only usable on PvE, but i have a friend that also plays, and i asked his opinion, he said that is nice to value the merit of getting those legendaries but we should have an option for PvP where legendaries where and where'nt available, and for me it sounds like a good solution too.

I'm sure more people think the same way as i about this topic, so please either u agree or not, leave your opinions, thanks!

I'm not sure if those above me are being sarcastic or they genuinely agree, but either way I do not agree with this. And here are my reasons why:

1. The bst 600 and below legendaries are on par with pseudo legendaries. With that do you also believe pseudo legendaries should not be in PvP?

2. It's never about who has more legendaries. If you actually ever play enough PvP you rarely see legendaries being used, due to how expensive and time consuming it is to get one and then have to reroll it a bunch of times if you fail to get a decent one. That alone balances the appearance of legendaries in PvP.

3. And if you actually ever play enough Showdown you will realize even in OU tier a lot of Legendaries there aren't even being used that much. Hell the Lati twins that were Uber and then OU for a very long time are now UU.

If you ask me this is suggestion just comes off as jealousy.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if those above me are being sarcastic or they genuinely agree, but either way I do not agree with this. And here are my reasons why:

1. The bst 600 and below legendaries are on par with pseudo legendaries. With that do you also believe pseudo legendaries should not be in PvP?

2. It's never about who has more legendaries. If you actually ever play enough PvP you rarely see legendaries being used, due to how expensive and time consuming it is to get one and then have to reroll it a bunch of times if you fail to get a decent one. That alone balances the appearance of legendaries in PvP.

3. And if you actually ever play enough Showdown you will realize even in OU tier a lot of Legendaries there aren't even being used that much. Hell the Lati twins that were Uber and then OU for a very long time are now UU.

If you ask me this is suggestion just comes off as jealousy.

Thank you for your reply mate, first of all i would like to clarify that i'm not an old player of PRO and recently started playing PvP, i'm not complaining about pseudo-legendaries like dragonite (wich i also don't have yet). for me they already suffit for the role if you want a pretty dangerous poke on your team.. With pseudo-legendaries we can still have the balance i wanted and there are not many of them, adding true legies in my oppinion makes normal pokes (wich where supposed to also be great if well used) kind of useless, forcing people to choose almost allways the same pokemons that can work against oponent's possible legendaries (even not having them) like a "must have", old players probably will have better pokemon that i in PvP regardless of legies availability, but my point is that PvP balance is already good without legies (better in my opinion) so i really wanted to open discussion and see other players opinions (thank you again for bringing yours) and see if many people agree with me, that's all.

Thank you for your reply mate, first of all i would like to clarify that i'm not an old player of PRO and recently started playing PvP, i'm not complaining about pseudo-legendaries like dragonite (wich i also don't have yet). for me they already suffit for the role if you want a pretty dangerous poke on your team.. With pseudo-legendaries we can still have the balance i wanted and there are not many of them, adding true legies in my oppinion makes normal pokes (wich where supposed to also be great if well used) kind of useless, forcing people to choose almost allways the same pokemons that can work against oponent's possible legendaries (even not having them) like a "must have", old players probably will have better pokemon that i in PvP regardless of legies availability, but my point is that PvP balance is already good without legies (better in my opinion) so i really wanted to open discussion and see other players opinions (thank you again for bringing yours) and see if many people agree with me, that's all.

There are many legendaries, which are worse/less viable in PvP than a lot of normal Pokémon.

All the broken ones (over 601 base) are banned in PvP and the viable ones don't let you autowin games on their own at all.

• Like 1

Discord: Chris'#7430

• 2 weeks later...

I would whine about some of them like suicune before trick was coded. If you went unprepared for something like a crocune before, it was pretty hard to counter it. However, now I always care a choice trick user in all my teams for boring stally pokémon. xD

• Like 1

Hey.

After reading and discussing it, your suggestion will be denied.

Many people work hard to get their legendary (a few of them with 450 hours requirement), and they can be countered pretty easily, if using the correct checks for them, as pointed on some answerers above.

Wish you a great week, have a good time playing!

----------------Locked-

• Like 1