Neji87's Maps

Neji87

Been playing around with the Tiled editor as of late. Made these two maps to start out.

Not sure about the layering as I'm still trying to get used to the editor. Hence, the somewhat shady looking underwater style.

Planning to add more whenever I've the time to do so.

(Sorry bout the image link but my second map is too big for attaching).

Map 2

823562763_Map1.png.1f7b094d2bd58e5830bb97bd553f54ac.png

688340113_Map3.png.f6ea997abb34646a9e4b8362733349be.png

930408653_Map4.thumb.png.7c6d1dc77ddef7040c9710395c44313d.png

Edited by Neji87

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that quite a few people here tend to map without keeping in mind the play-ability of the map. It is headache to navigate in one space tiles and having everything so close together when it could opened up more to offer more room for the player to move. In the snow map near the PC you have a rock in the middle out front. This makes it tedious and the player has to go around it when it doesn't really add any benefit to the map. Towns/Cities also shouldn't have wild grass unless otherwise intended to have it. Just my .02 cents. Good structure, palette and tiles otherwise.

I have noticed that quite a few people here tend to map without keeping in mind the play-ability of the map. It is headache to navigate in one space tiles and having everything so close together when it could opened up more to offer more room for the player to move. In the snow map near the PC you have a rock in the middle out front. This makes it tedious and the player has to go around it when it doesn't really add any benefit to the map. Towns/Cities also shouldn't have wild grass unless otherwise intended to have it. Just my .02 cents. Good structure, palette and tiles otherwise.

Thanks for your comment. I'm willing to agree with you to some extent, especially regarding the navigating of the map. However, adding a few more details to the map makes it feel more natural imo, as well as making the most of the map at the same time. Otherwise players would just run through the nearest path to the exit, to/from the PC, etc. Of course these things can be easily edited should this be case, along with the option of having wild poke grass. I appreciate your critique nevertheless. :)

No worries, it just seems nontraditional to put grass and rocks on paths. I understand what you mean by natural and if it originally intended than feel free to ignore as I don't know how planned to have it mapped. If any of my advice was helpful then that's great. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Very well done, I would recommend that you visit the mapping channel of our official discord of you haven't already. I would love to see more.

General Support | PRO Discord | Game Guides | Bug Resolution Center | Rules

Do not contact Staff members for private support. Use the appropriate forums as it may be helpful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be Trashed

Very well done, I would recommend that you visit the mapping channel of our official discord of you haven't already. I would love to see more.

Thank you! Will check it out shortly. More maps to come. :)