Make Help chat a better place again

Ma77ix

First time Ii'm writing a post, I'm not an english person so forgive my grammar/syntax mistakes.

Basically my idea (not just mine, i think most of help-chat players would agree with this) is that rules about help chat should change.

We all know that Battle Chat is dead, and by being dead I mean that if you ask for help there about PvP things (as EVs spread, movesets or rates) you will have to wait for 15 to 30 mins if you're lucky, up to 5 hours if you're unlucky.

Almost half of the requests on help-chat channel are about those topics and most of the time help chat is full of Mod's messages (like: "Things around movesets and EVs are to be asked in Battle Chat") which are annoying to see and fill space that could be useful to answer to Story-related answer. It takes about 6 to 10 seconds for a Mod to copy-paste that messages, while there are always 2 to 8-9 players (very good in pvp) that can just answer, quick and simple.

As many of my friends pointed out, telling someone how many EVs someone has to assign to a pokemon is ACTUALLY an help, so why shouldn't we just help that guy, instead of redirect him in a dead channel?

Also think about this: Making an answer will take 2 to 5 seconds and the guy is happy. Redirecting him in another dead chat takes the same amount of time, if not more, and the guy is sad because of no answer and has to ask again, and again, and again.

I just can't find any logic sense about that rule, that's why I think it should be changed: Just make help chat a place where ANYONE can find help, maybe not with rate or price checks but AT LEAST let people ask about pvp things.

Not sure if I wrote it right, but I tried to explain what I think.

[X] EDIT HERE [X]

We arrived at the point where people get litteraly muted for helping other people and where players start making fun of Mods because of their messages. That's also another point of view, where you can clearly understand that's something is wrong here.

P.M. It's also really sad to say "Ask in Battle Chat" when you know that that question won't have an answer and you could've answered in 3 millisec.

Ma77ix

Edited by Ma77ix
  • Like 9

Hello Ma77ix,

I am the Moderator Team Leader and part of the 3 man group (Mod, Tmod & CC leader) who pushed this change forward. We discussed this internally with every Moderator, Trade-Moderator and Community Coordinator and almost unanimously agreed that the Help Chat should stay a place for story, quest and game mechanic questions. This is not a new rule for the Help Chat, just a more clarified version of it. You weren't allowed to ask rating questions in Help Chat previously as well.

We decided that chats around move-sets, desired abilities or natures, individual values and effort values should exclusively stay in Battle Chat going forward. This not only an attempt to separate the usages of each of our chats but also an attempt to revive the battle chat. You noted this yourself as the battle chat is "dead".

Almost any and all questions are really quick to be answered this does not mean you are allowed to do it in those chats as this would destroy the purpose of it.

All Chat could be interpreted as a chat for everything and Help Chat could be interpreted as a chat for every question but we would like to have them separated and have specific conversations in specific chats. This isn't going to change for a while and you will have to get used to it, if in a few months this rule change failed, we can discuss it again internally and openly with our community but until then please get used to it.

Just make help chat a place where ANYONE can find help, maybe not with rate or price checks but AT LEAST let people ask about pvp things.

The Battle Chat is exactly for that, it is a chat designed for PvP and Pokemon questions.

I hope this clarifies our standpoint a little bit more.

Feel free to discuss it further however a change will not happen in the near future.

Kind regards,

Q8

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

Hello Ma77ix,

I am the Moderator Team Leader and part of the 3 man group (Mod, Tmod & CC leader) who pushed this change forward. We discussed this internally with every Moderator, Trade-Moderator and Community Coordinator and almost unanimously agreed that the Help Chat should stay a place for story, quest and game mechanic questions. This is not a new rule for the Help Chat, just a more clarified version of it. You weren't allowed to ask rating questions in Help Chat previously as well.

We decided that chats around move-sets, desired abilities or natures, individual values and effort values should exclusively stay in Battle Chat going forward. This not only an attempt to separate the usages of each of our chats but also an attempt to revive the battle chat. You noted this yourself as the battle chat is "dead".

Almost any and all questions are really quick to be answered this does not mean you are allowed to do it in those chats as this would destroy the purpose of it.

All Chat could be interpreted as a chat for everything and Help Chat could be interpreted as a chat for every question but we would like to have them separated and have specific conversations in specific chats. This isn't going to change for a while and you will have to get used to it, if in a few months this rule change failed, we can discuss it again internally and openly with our community but until then please get used to it.

The Battle Chat is exactly for that, it is a chat designed for PvP and Pokemon questions.

I hope this clarifies our standpoint a little bit more.

Feel free to discuss it further however a change will not happen in the near future.

Kind regards,

Q8

Thank you for your reply.

"The Battle Chat is exactly for that, it is a chat designed for PvP and Pokemon questions."

I think we all know that it is. What I wanted to point out is that none is writing in Battle Chat if not short messages like "gg", "gg wp", "hax", "reported".

That's why it's not rare to see a player begging for help in Help chat telling us that none is helping him in Battle Chat.

What should I do in that situation?

I would just help him, that's what my brain says.

What do I get if I answer?

A warning or a mute.

What do I get if I don't answer?

A player that keep begging and also spamming messages in Help Chat.

These are both terrible situations that sadly people in help chat see too often, in my opinion.

What would you do? Maybe you can help me.

"Almost any and all questions are really quick to be answered this does not mean you are allowed to do it in those chats as this would destroy the purpose of it."

That's not what I meant. I tried to say that if PvP questions were allowed in help chat answering would be more simple and quick instead of redirecting players in a dead Chat and find them again in Help Chat 5 mins later with the same question.

Also it has been ages since Battle Chat has died and if it has died it's not because of people asking advices in Help Chat, so forcing player asking things in a dead Chat just didn't seem a good choice to me, because it caused more problem in help chat than good things in Battle Chat.

I totally understand your point of view and I hope that Battle Chat will rise again, but if this doesn't happen, will we have the Help Chat's rules changed?

Ma77ix

• Like 1

Players stick to one chat most of the time, players that actually help there are people that are busy playing the game like everyone else and are not going to switch chat every 3 seconds, sometimes there are questions that belong to help chat, then become battle chat material and then help again, no kidding.

It's not nice being warned for helping in the wrong place, It's not nice explaining why and getting warned for minimodding, that actually happened today.

I do respect the staff a lot and you say you all took this decision, this is just a concern and not a way to sound disrespectful because we appreciate everything you do for us, but did you consider this from a regular player's perspective? Have you asked yourselves how all the players in the server feel about this?

The only thing trying to revive battle chat is going to accomplish is killing another chat that until last week was peaceful and now it's just full of warnings of redirecting to another chat that's not that different from spamming , people not getting answers at all, people getting annoyed to the point they wanna leave the game and players that have been here for years getting frustrated for not having enough recognition for what they do.

Trust me, we've been in help chat for plenty of time and it's never been as bad as it has been the last few days and I think this thread proves it and the way I feel does cause I've never "whined" about anything about this game in more than 2 years.

P.S: Battle chat died cause it was unnecessary and to me it's not worth reviving at this stage.

SilverNabs.png

I will try to answer as many people as possible. :)

"The Battle Chat is exactly for that, it is a chat designed for PvP and Pokemon questions."

I think we all know that it is. What I wanted to point out is that none is writing in Battle Chat if not short messages like "gg", "gg wp", "hax", "reported".

That's why it's not rare to see a player begging for help in Help chat telling us that none is helping him in Battle Chat.

The transition period will be hard of course, it is like this with every change.

It will get better over time if everyone follows the rules and uses the chats correctly.

What should I do in that situation?

I would just help him, that's what my brain says.

If you are really wanting to help there is always the option to use /pm USERNAME-=-USERNAME, just because one user is breaking the rules doesn't mean you should follow.

What do I get if I answer?

A warning or a mute.

What do I get if I don't answer?

A player that keep begging and also spamming messages in Help Chat.

We have discussed the procedure as well and if you are getting muted without a prior warning or two, you can file a complaint. All Moderation staff members are expected to warn periodically however we also reserve the right to mute in an instant if we see fit. A mute in the end is still just a warning and nothing that permanently goes on your record.

I totally understand your point of view and I hope that Battle Chat will rise again, but if this doesn't happen, will we have the Help Chat's rules changed?

I already explained that the transition period and adjusting to the new rules is something hard as everyone needs to learn something new but if in a few months the issues are still occurring like right now, we gladly take into consideration changing it back.

surely the fact that this thread exists shows the failing of these rules already

This is simply not true, there are a lot of complaints about a lot of things and most of the time it only concerns a small portion of the community. I wouldn't say 10 people out of thousands of active players is a good example to justify a failing rule. Please bear with us.

It's not nice being warned for helping in the wrong place, It's not nice explaining why and getting warned for minimodding, that actually happened today.

I do respect the staff a lot and you say you all took this decision, this is just a concern and not a way to sound disrespectful because we appreciate everything you do for us, but did you consider this from a regular player's perspective? Have you asked yourselves how all the players in the server feel about this?

I have to inform you that all staff members are part of the community, part of the active player-base as well, myself included. The answer to your questions is a yes, we looked at different perspectives and I can assure you that moderating would be a whole lot easier with people simply obeying the rules as they are written and take complaints to the forum instead of rebelling ingame.

The only thing trying to revive battle chat is going to accomplish is killing another chat that until last week was peaceful and now it's just full of warnings of redirecting to another chat that's not that different from spamming , people not getting answers at all, people getting annoyed to the point they wanna leave the game and players that have been here for years getting frustrated for not having enough recognition for what they do.

Trust me, we've been in help chat for plenty of time and it's never been as bad as it has been the last few days and I think this thread proves it and the way I feel does cause I've never "whined" about anything about this game in more than 2 years.

P.S: Battle chat died cause it was unnecessary and to me it's not worth reviving at this stage.

I have been a Moderator for about 6 months now and I can assure you that the Help Chat could be moderated every single day and I would walk out of every Moderation session with quiet-bans. This chat is filled with rule breaking stuff all the time, users' not obeying the rules or simply ignoring what they are being told. We are already very easy on Help Chat but at some point we have to draw a line.

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.