Making of - Valentines Jellicent family

Girassol

Hello trainers!

I'm the creator of Mantine mount and Jellicent family Valentines forms.

Inspired by @TrollDaddy Electrode Mount making of, I decided I want to do something similar. It might be interesting to write a Making of Valentines Jellicent family.

Click here to check out the Electrode Mount making of.

Unfortunately, I deleted most of the drafts, but I hope the writing will be enough to entertain you.

THE DECISION

Valentines Day was coming and as a new PRO Artist, I wanted to challenge myself to create a Valentines form Pokemon.

The first step was to pick a pokemon. Which pokemon would fit well as a Valentines model?

Valentines Nidoking and Nidoqueen was good because they are the same pokemon with gender differences in stats and sprites.

Then I wondered if there were more pokemon with gender differences and I found a list of gender difference pokemon sprites. Jellicent family was one of them.

I also noticed we didn't have female pokemon sprites in game, which was pretty disappointing but also motivating.

I told the Admins I would do Jellicent family Valentines form, including female sprites, but they would have to implement all female sprites in game so it would make sense.

They said they had almost everything done already, but one pokemon sprite was missing: Female Pyroar follow sprites and Small Icon. So I made them!

I'm not allowed post the files here, but I can show like this:

1551139037155.png.3ac4b83916acac47a90d9e3cb0bc6b9e.png

Of course I also did the Shiny version and the small Icon.

THE CONCEPT

Jellicent and Frillish resembles Royalty, so I thought it could be interesting to give them crowns and royalty outfit.

Starting with female Frillish sprites, I googled "Princess crown" and I just didn't find anything interesting to motivate me enough to draw...

Then I tried something more... modern? I searched for "Princess hat" and I ended up finding pictures like this:

1551140280023.thumb.png.02b7071cbfb52297b705b20c458be70f.png

And I fell in love with it. The shape also covers Frillish's natural crown so well, so it was perfect.

However, searching for Prince hat for male Frillish I didn't find anything interesting like the princess cone hat.

I then decided to work on Jellicent and see if I have an idea for male Frillish later on.

I realised male Jellicent looks a lot like the Monopoly Guy, so why not give it a moustache, a hat and a cane?

I made the hat long and thin so it would match with the Princess cone hat shape and covers Male Frillish/Jellicent natural crown as well.

But why the monocle on male Jellicent? Well, searching for Monopoly Guy on Google, I found this:

1551141523951.png.8d54df13750766642e53b660413b30fc.png

It was amazing.

I also added a little beard on Jellicent because I personally find beards sexy.

With this concept, it was much easier to do male Frillish. I gave him a hat and a cane just like Jellicent's.

I left the monocle out because that fits the evolution best.

Female Jellicent was the most complicated.

I mean, it is a female pokemon with beard. Or whatever it is around her head.

I thought it would be a good idea to replace that "beard" with roses, but... I hate drawing roses, specially in pixels which is something I'm new at.

So... it ended up looking like this:

1551142368917.png.608cd01bae3b0d46a76c9bb6068c340b.png

Basically I made one rose and Copy/Paste 5 times.

Doesn' look good enough... and I didn't really like the crown either.

I decided to remake it, but Wally said we needed the Valentines forms ready for the next day since he would restart the client.

I needed to do something quickly... I took out the roses and just recoloured the "beard" and added some little hearts in the middle.

I also searched for "Queens hat" on Google, but like... I'm in UK, so I found pictures of the Elizabeth Queen with some amazing looking hats :v

1551143024466.thumb.png.59aa1229dd2c84db3cf941da16f272ea.png

It was perfect. I made my own version of the Queens hat 100% inspired on Elizabeth fashion, and I really liked it. xD

When/if I become old, I will use hats like that.

FINAL

In the end, I added some make up on female Jellicent.

I changed the colour of the mouth to a brighter red and added a heart next to each eye.

On male Jellicent and Frillish I noticed some stains around their body, so I though it would be cool to change their shape to hearts.

I also changed the colour of the eyes to blue with some bright dots on female Jellicent and male Frillish to give an impression of being in love.

Why haven't I done it on male Jellicent and female Frillish? Honestly, I forgot and I was too lazy to change it.

Let's just say female Frillish wasn't in love with male Frillish before, and now male Jellicent is not in love with female Jellicent.

Here is the Jellicent family final Valentines forms:

592_Female_Big_V.png.44711def1f3073fab0e0c306de8661f8.png592_Female_Back_V.png.33bcdebaeb71bda52b7cf3a792103995.png593_Female_Big_V.png.9b3924a9fa7c7c3d64a32c38b80d5d77.png593_Female_Back_V.png.a7bf42ceb360cdfeb2408d4dcc670ec5.png592_Male_Big_V.png.f95d8811c3b4b11ef82c513218f1350d.png592_Male_Back_V.png.83da5f4706bbd6bc4d0693ca3c2700e7.png593_Male_Big_V.png.2abb3dec54f6c37135c77d788bb3895d.png593_Male_Back_V.png.4000702b4b527278d15fcb79a2369845.png

Unfortunately, I can't show the Follow sprite files here.

But I can show in Gifs!

Female Frillish: here

Female Jellicent: here

Male Frillish: here

Male Jellicent: here

I hope you like it!

Edited by Girassol
  • Like 13

Untitled-3.png

Spriting CornerGeneral Art Showcase Forum RulesReport Center General Support

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate forums as it may be helpful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be deleted.

Nice work belz and thanks for sharing it. But unfortunately your valentine form Jellicent is like Impossible to catch :v , atleast for me...

I would suggest that next time make a lower Tier pokemon sprite too . So that many of your fans can own your sprite :SquirtleShy:

-Carl Brzycki :SquirtleShy:

• Like 1

Male jellicent induces me to eat pringles

I thought about giving it brown hair cause of the Pringles ting :V

Untitled-3.png

Spriting CornerGeneral Art Showcase Forum RulesReport Center General Support

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate forums as it may be helpful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be deleted.

Hello trainers!

I'm the creator of Mantine mount and Jellicent family Valentines forms.

Inspired by @TrollDaddy Electrode Mount making of, I decided I want to do something similar. It might be interesting to write a Making of Valentines Jellicent family.

Click here to check out the Electrode Mount making of.

Unfortunately, I deleted most of the drafts, but I hope the writing will be enough to entertain you.

THE DECISION

Valentines Day was coming and as a new PRO Artist, I wanted to challenge myself to create a Valentines form Pokemon.

The first step was to pick a pokemon. Which pokemon would fit well as a Valentines model?

Valentines Nidoking and Nidoqueen was good because they are the same pokemon with gender differences in stats and sprites.

Then I wondered if there were more pokemon with gender differences and I found a list of gender difference pokemon sprites. Jellicent family was one of them.

I also noticed we didn't have female pokemon sprites in game, which was pretty disappointing but also motivating.

I told the Admins I would do Jellicent family Valentines form, including female sprites, but they would have to implement all female sprites in game so it would make sense.

They said they had almost everything done already, but one pokemon sprite was missing: Female Pyroar follow sprites and Small Icon. So I made them!

I'm not allowed post the files here, but I can show like this:

[ATTACH]68078[/ATTACH]

Of course I also did the Shiny version and the small Icon.

THE CONCEPT

Jellicent and Frillish resembles Royalty, so I thought it could be interesting to give them crowns and royalty outfit.

Starting with female Frillish sprites, I googled "Princess crown" and I just didn't find anything interesting to motivate me enough to draw...

Then I tried something more... modern? I searched for "Princess hat" and I ended up finding pictures like this:

[ATTACH=full]68080[/ATTACH]

And I fell in love with it. The shape also covers Frillish's natural crown so well, so it was perfect.

However, searching for Prince hat for male Frillish I didn't find anything interesting like the princess cone hat.

I then decided to work on Jellicent and see if I have an idea for male Frillish later on.

I realised male Jellicent looks a lot like the Monopoly Guy, so why not give it a moustache, a hat and a cane?

I made the hat long and thin so it would match with the Princess cone hat shape and covers Male Frillish/Jellicent natural crown as well.

But why the monocle on male Jellicent? Well, searching for Monopoly Guy on Google, I found this:

[ATTACH=full]68086[/ATTACH]

It was amazing.

I also added a little beard on Jellicent because I personally find beards sexy.

With this concept, it was much easier to do male Frillish. I gave him a hat and a cane just like Jellicent's.

I left the monocle out because that fits the evolution best.

Female Jellicent was the most complicated.

I mean, it is a female pokemon with beard. Or whatever it is around her head.

I thought it would be a good idea to replace that "beard" with roses, but... I hate drawing roses, specially in pixels which is something I'm new at.

So... it ended up looking like this:

[ATTACH=full]68087[/ATTACH]

Basically I made one rose and Copy/Paste 5 times.

Doesn' look good enough... and I didn't really like the crown either.

I decided to remake it, but Wally said we needed the Valentines forms ready for the next day since he would restart the client.

I needed to do something quickly... I took out the roses and just recoloured the "beard" and added some little hearts in the middle.

I also searched for "Queens hat" on Google, but like... I'm in UK, so I found pictures of the Elizabeth Queen with some amazing looking hats :v

[ATTACH=full]68088[/ATTACH]

It was perfect. I made my own version of the Queens hat 100% inspired on Elizabeth fashion, and I really liked it. xD

When/if I become old, I will use hats like that.

FINAL

In the end, I added some make up on female Jellicent.

I changed the colour of the mouth to a brighter red and added a heart next to each eye.

On male Jellicent and Frillish I noticed some stains around their body, so I though it would be cool to change their shape to hearts.

I also changed the colour of the eyes to blue with some bright dots on female Jellicent and male Frillish to give an impression of being in love.

Why haven't I done it on male Jellicent and female Frillish? Honestly, I forgot and I was too lazy to change it.

Let's just say female Frillish wasn't in love with male Frillish before, and now male Jellicent is not in love with female Jellicent.

Here is the Jellicent family final Valentines forms:

[ATTACH=full]68090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]68091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]68092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]68093[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]68094[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]68095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]68096[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]68097[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately, I can't show the Follow sprite files here.

But I can show in Gifs!

Female Frillish: here

Female Jellicent: here

Male Frillish: here

Male Jellicent: here

I hope you like it!

Amazing process. I have read this post three times now.

Keep the amazing ideas coming! Looking forward to what's next ^__^

With kind regards, Juliph

• Like 1

Finale2.png

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

Unsolicited messages will be magically destroyed