Rule explanation: "Illegitimate Rank Boosting" - How we enforce this rule for transparency sake

Qeight

Hey fellow PvP players,

In this thread I will explain how we enforce this rule, what counts towards it and why it is important to cooperate with us here. I made the mistake and not thoroughly wrote down procedures, limitations and explanations for the community which resulted in some unfair bans that will be fixed as soon as possible, so count this thread as an apology for our mess as well. This type of stuff shouldn't happen, will not happen again and I take full responsibility for it.

The current rule that forbids any type of boosting.

PvP Rules said:
  1. Boosting in any form in Ranked PvP, random ranked included, is forbidden. Action will be taken if caught or attempted. | Rule explanation
  2. Intentionally queuing against a user to aid yourself or another user in the form of Rating, PvP Coins, etc will be considered as Ranked Boosting and will be punished accordingly.

What counts towards this rule?:

• Playing against any accounts you have access to
    • If Bob has the password of Billy and Bob matches against Billy in ranked PvP, you may risk of being flagged as boosting players. The best advice we can give here is that you do not share accounts to avoid any confusion here. Did Billy actually play or was it Bob controlling both accounts. Those are questions we have to answer.
  • Playing against your own alternate accounts

• If Tom owns the accounts Tom123 & Tom321 and matches against himself in ranked PvP, he will be banned for boosting.
  • Playing on an account you do not rightfully own

• Jake gave his account to Bob so he can play ranked PvP on it and Bob starts playing in ranked with Jake's account, you will be banned for boosting. Please avoid at any cost playing on someone elses account in ranked PvP unless you have full control over it (E-Mail is yours, you are the only one having access to the account and the original owner does not return)
  • Disconnecting on purpose and receiving payments for it

• Bob matches against Tom, Tom messages Bob & asks him if he could disconnect or let him win for 50k$. Bob should report Tom however if he accepts this payment both players will be banned for boosting.
  • Disconnecting repeatedly against the same players

• Billy always disconnects against Jake because he thinks he is the superior player. This might get you flagged as boosting if done multiple times as you are supposed to play out all matches. We can see the difference between server crashes, a user with bad internet or someone boosting.
  • Disconnecting against Guild members on purpose or due to "Queue/Game" guild rules

• Bob, Tom and Jake are in the same guild [ExamplePlayers]. Tom matches against Jake in ranked PvP and Jake disconnects during team-preview. If done multiple times you may get flagged as boosters.
      Jake writes in his guild chat or in a matchmaking chat on their discord that he is in the queue. Jake: queue
      Bob always forgets to write in that chat and matches against Jake. Jake is annoyed and tells Bob to disconnect because he broke the "queue/game" guild rules. This may get you flagged as boosting as well, as you are supposed to play out all matches.
  • Playing against another player under the same network/connection.
    • Unfortunately staff is unable to verify and confirm if someone is really living with other people, making therefore impossible for us to see if it's one single persone with two different account or two different people. Reason we can't do that is simply that we don't live with you, it's not a problem of our tools.

As the last thing always gets broken and causes a lot of confusion we made an announcement regarding it:

Moderator Team said:

Message from the Moderator Team:

If your guild has a "queue/game (q/g)"-system in place and you still accidental match, please offer draws for the matches. If you disconnect or give the opponent a free win, this might be considered boosting. Every match is meant to be played out and not freely giving the win to someone else. You are 100% allowed to play against your guildmates if you choose to do so and play the full match out. 

If you have any further questions please write them down below and I try to answer all of them to the best of my ability.

Kind regards.

Credits to Qeight

DHmBG88.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Checked/Done 3
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Disconnecting repeatedly against the same players
    • Billy always disconnects against Jake because he thinks he is the superior player. This might get you flagged as boosting if done multiple times as you are supposed to play out all matches. We can see the difference between server crashes, a user with bad internet or someone boosting.

I would be careful with this one, imagine my pc sometimes shutdown, if im unlucky to match always against Jake, i think this one should be reviewed, due some ppl have Net issues or pc issues, and we can be unlucky sometimes and always disconnect against the same person

• Like 2

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

We can see the difference between server crashes, a user with bad internet or someone boosting.

due some ppl have Net issues or pc issues

This is already explained, we are very careful with this and try to check everything here. If you are constantly disconnecting only against Jake but no one else then it obviously looks very odd.

If you are disconnecting against Bob, Billy, Tom, Jake etc then it obviously means your internet/PC is just bad.

if me and i have 3 brothers who play pro how we do in this time to avoid this ?

this is just an example not me

There have been cases with users' living with cousins, a big family and such things. We investigate those cases most of the time and may issue bans if you are playing against each other all the time. The best advice we can give those players is to avoid matching against each other to avoid any confusion.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

And this is exactly what I asked a Staff last season that I was prohibited.

Rule # 7 and # 5, they were not in detail, and because of my ignorance I was forbidden.

In the February season, many of my members were banned for breaking rule # 5 now that I read this post.

I appreciate the details of the rule, thus avoiding future prohibitions.

• Like 2

Since me and many others that are innocent and was proved in the end that we are victims of an unreliable bossting detecting system, the minium you staff members can do is to reduce the punishment to temporarily and never for a permanent ban. For instance my neighboord does a lot pvp and we decide to do pvp in same house for a better experience therefore we have same IP adress, my friend is in que for 1 minute i dont want to wait longer so i click in que and we match together and in the next 8 hours that we still are together we battled like 6times, since i im stronger i won 5-1 and it was our first time that we played in same house. So you guys have a case and before baning us, you guys should see if i won all battles vs my friend and 2nd the time that it took each single battle. After you guys seing that the score was 5-1 and the battle took almost all 5minutes,there is nothing wrong on that, and you guys just send a notification to us to have some proof and to record the battles when we are in the same house to avoid some ban in future. You cant rely with that system its very easy to do a lot fights vs guildmates since the guild doesnt have q and g rule and i battled atleast four diferente users 3/4 times in a row and it happens that one was a guildmate and i did 9 games in total vs him and me and him got banned. we both players were trying to reach TOP25 at end of the season and i always click in preview match unless he pms me and really dont want to fight vs me and still if i agree not battling therefore i always click in the button to fight. So in that case you shall see if i won all battles and i didnt won. I lost 2 or 3 and how long did it took the battles before baning us.

Some players that got banned usually were always in top25 but couldnt log in game because they were banned and you stole like 600pvp coins from them. Selling reroll ticket for 550k each(600pvp coins) = 2.2m!

I was banned from 28february until now, couldnt do world quest enjoy free safari and business in game and it was our fault to being banned for investigation? If not that is clearly case it would be nice of your part to atleast donate 3 reroll tickets for the players that got banned unfair!

• Like 1

As a former staff member, If my opinion is valued, could you implement a notification that states if your opponent readies up or not

This would be helpful because say Qeight and Aphotyx are in the same guild, and qeight forgot to queue. I think that qeight is going to not ready up. I try to pm qeight and he does not respond but then I lose rating because of this miscommunication since I dont ready up.

I just think this would be fair for people to know if their opponents readies up.

• Like 6

oie_aMrqg9hXyZaS.gif

| How To Report | PRO Rules | Appeal Center |

Please do not send unsolicited messages to staff. Those who ignore this warning will serve an eternity in the...

SHADOW REALM

Some players that got banned usually were always in top25 but couldnt log in game because they were banned and you stole like 600pvp coins from them. Selling reroll ticket for 550k each(600pvp coins) = 2.2m!

I was banned from 28february until now, couldnt do world quest enjoy free safari and business in game and it was our fault to being banned for investigation? If not that is clearly case it would be nice of your part to atleast donate 3 reroll tickets for the players that got banned unfair!

All Top25 players got to keep their coins or were compensated if the appeal was successful, including you and your friend who both got to keep their coins.

I agree though that this might have screwed over users' when they got perm bans, so there is a new procedure in place for those cases going forward. I apologize for any inconveniences.

could you implement a notification that states if your opponent readies up or not

I will propose this to Eaty.

This would be helpful because say Qeight and Aphotyx are in the same guild, and qeight forgot to queue. I think that qeight is going to not ready up. I try to pm qeight and he does not respond but then I lose rating because of this miscommunication since I dont ready up.

I just think this would be fair for people to know if their opponents readies up.

In those cases simply press ready yourself or keep a screenshot to avoid confusion/clear your name quickly. This now requires multiple games as well.

• Like 1

As a former staff member, If my opinion is valued, could you implement a notification that states if your opponent readies up or not

Agreed.

• Like 1

You might lose once or twice but you wont lose always.