PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

when I was new in the game, I hated and didn't understand why do we have to provide the evidence by ourselves while reporting someone

questions kept appearing in my head :

why it's not like other game?

you guys (staffs) don't have any record? how come?

it makes new player become passive you know?

also attracting potential offenders to scam once they know someone is new in the game

later on by looking around in the forum, I know that staffs are volunteers and have their busy life in work/school

I guess, just guessing,

if they don't treat it in that way, their workload would be really HUGE and would exhaust them after real life stuff

however I have to mention that it happened quite often in my group:

asking for help and want to report offender but they already closed the pm because they didn't know about this "feature"

well actually what I said above is not a complaint or a suggestion or something

I understand why they use such method in reporting

here is what I really want to ask

Timed cooldown poll has already held for months

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/117275-url

BUT still none of the NPC is using Server Time Based

I don't ask to change some old NPCs, I understand that it's raising you guys' workload

but all NPCs in the previous event are Expire Time Based !!!!! they are new NPC, right??

I wish you guys know that only in 1 event, we have to record 5 different event NPCs with different cooldown duration by ourselves

we are not free all day

we are not all students

delaying 1 hour may make you miss that daily event for whole day at all

I am so far super happy with PRO's moderation (and the help I've been given. Special mention to trade moderators in forums, Qeight and Artorias who have helped me a few times already in forums), and I have 0 concerns with it so I'll go straight to the point here:

My only real concern and BIG issue is invite, trade, and chat spam.

I understand 100% that we can use /ignore, and that we have to use /ignore and simply move on. However, this does not solve the problem AT ALL.

I have either 2 fixes for this: Either begging for stuff nonstop in dms is bannable, spamming invites and trade requests is also bannable, or /ignore an user becomes permanent and an ignore list where you can edit the list is created. Because mother of god does it get annoying.

There was a situation where there was a guy in Saffron city who would absurdly spam invites to EVERYONE who entered the pokecenter, and trade requests nonstop. If you accepted, he would dm you instantly and start begging. I thought I was the only one to receive them until more than one user dm'd me in discord days later SHOWING SCREENSHOTS PROVING THE GUY WAS STILL THERE BEGGING. I bursted laughing, but at the same time, I felt incredibly frustrated.

I am aware of the ignore solution and turning off DMs, but: /ignore only lasts until you log out (and then you have to stand the same guys over and over again, same goes for misbehaving people in all chat who stir up controversy and then have to be reported in forums, which I will start doing a LOT if they go at it again), and I should not have to turn off my dms and thus be blocked from speaking to my Alliance of guilds (with 300+ active members in different timezones), be unable to talk to my friends, be unable to talk with random users to help them out in private chats... Even talking to staff then gets impossible to me (hi Giorgio stalking me ingame you smelly fish >:V also hi Magicguard and Epiales) and I'm friends with some, I feel bad if I have to turn off my dms because some users simply won't stop spamming. Just make it punishable or bannable, it's absurdly annoying.

I'll understand if this does not change, but it kills my mental sanity when I'm spammed nonstop.

Ty for reading this :)

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

I've seen this game and staff grow so much through out the years. The main thing that needs to change is the stigma that mods are bad people. They get a real bad stigma by the player base but tbh I can agree with some of them as I've seen some shitey work during my few years here. I've seen players banned for nothing, I've seen popular players enforce rules on the forum and complaining and getting away with it. I have seen sheer favouritism for friends and friends of friends. The team are working hard but still have a long way to go due to attitudes and egos. I hope the team gets sound advice from the players that can bridge the gap and clear the bad air the mods have gathered through the years. NOTE: A lot of the past modders and gm's broke this game and peoples trust. But I do hope you give them a chance for the new regime to regain any trust and love.

With that in mind, put the past behind you and lets make this game a lot better for all of us. Don't be a dick, be nice!

• Like 6

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be sent straight to heck. Thanks.

QFdv3Wm.gifQFdv3Wm.gifQFdv3Wm.gif

One of the best changes made is allowing people to ask for help in all chat. It simplified the rules and made sense to the community. I think this should be a guide to future rule changes or additions. Rules should be simple to explain, understand, and make sense to a majority of the community.

__

I am a huge fan of the recent trade auction rules. I have been very vocal about this subject for a long time and excited to watch its impact moving forward.

__

I am extremely concerned about the amount of begging or spamming for help in the form of free things done through PMs. A majority of these are spam with clear intention to SCAM other players. I have expressed my concerns about this several times. Scammers pressure people into 1 on 1 conversations away from the eyes of moderation. Some very commonly used phrases are:

• "Could you please give me 5k so I can travel to another region?" - They are simply spamming as many people as they can to earn a quick buck.
  • "Could you please give me any high level pokemon you do not use so I can beat the elite four?" - In reality, they have already beat the elite four. They just want free things with the off chance a noob gives them an epic.
  • "Could you please give me money, I am new." - Shameless begging. No one would ever type this in trade chat.
  • "I gave away all my stuff awhile back. Do you have any pokemon you could give me?" - Advanced form of manipulation to make you feel sorry for the scammer. How could you not give pokemon to someone that was so kind in the past?

Common responses from staff members are:

• "You can just ignore them." - This is not effective. As soon as the PM pops up, the feeling of frustration and disappointment has set in. Also, I do not worry about me falling victim, I fear others falling victim to the scammers.
  • "If it annoys you, just turn off your PMs." - PRO's advantage over the Pokemon franchise games is the ability to socialize and play with friends. Having to set myself to offline because I am PM'd for free things every other time I walk into a PC is frustrating.
  • "Asking for help is not against the rules." - This is true, however, this is what the scammers hide behind. They mask their scams through asking for help in the form of pokedollars or free pokemon. There needs to be rules preventing or discouraging scammers from hiding behind this reasoning.
  • "If they are scamming or spamming, you can report them." - Sure. However, as a player, when someone tells me they need some money to travel to another region how am I supposed to know they are also asking 100 other people the same thing? How am I supposed to know the person they asked before me already gave them 5k and they are simply asking more people in hopes to get easy money? How am I supposed to know the sob story of giving away all their things last year to attend college is a lie devised to get me to feel sad for them?

The bottom line is, asking for free things should not be permitted through PMs. Asking for help is not a crime and should not be punished. Asking for free things should be though. I have been extremely vocal about this topic and provided several real situations to multiple staff members in ways PRO scammers operate with begging via PMs. There must be a more aggressive rule that prevents this predatory behavior and encourages the community to report it. Feel free to moderate how you feel, but educating the community on how to identify and report these types of scams will make it a much more enjoyable game for players at all stages of the game.

I dont agree, I like to help out and doesnt happen this much.. only when you hang out it first pc of a new region

First : I'm a bit upset I dont have an answer for my last report, this person fooled me, making me train a poke he would buy and then found excuses to not finish our deal after I paid someone to train it for him...

1. Also I think the time lapse between the trade chat post is a annoying thing since I wanna link more than 4 different pokes.
  2. Why not find solution for offering on pokes like this new lending feature to prevent scamming? Something to make u offer on a poke and having that data saved somehow, preventing fake offers, people doubting, and getting reported / banned wrongly,
  3. Please no lose pvp rating when crash
  4. I think less manual moderating is needed, more automatic features for preventing scamming or reporting etc...

Solve my report please ^^ except for that I'm enjoying the game !

MY OPINION

I'll be 100% honest on this thread.

-First of all there is to many useless rules (nope, don't ask me to say which ones, that is not my work and if you guys want you can review all of them and understand what i am saying).

-Random bans, there is people that got banned for "stupid" reasons or even for no reason, you guys should ban less people

-Random mutes, and yes there is many even me, i already got muted by staff for talking about FOOTBALL, the staff member said that football was a sensitive topic(:ChikoritaWTF:?), don't ask me to show any evidence etc, that just a example and i do not want this staff member get punished for this.

-Power abuse, sometimes even if you are staff that does not mean you are always correct, some staff members can't accept players opinions and because of that they decide to abuse or try to punish the player.( I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL STAFF, THERE IS MANY STAFF THAT ARE MY FRIENDS AND I LOVE THEIR WORK :RowletHeart: )

MY SUGGESTION

Take a look.

-You guys should do a massive unban wave, maybe this looks weird for you that is reading at the moment but that would be a great move for the game, a lot of company's already have done that. (SOME OF THEM: Transformice, League of Legends, Overwatch, Dota 2, Wow)

Should you guys unban ALL players?

-No, nope, never, people that got banned for botting, using hacks and similar stuff should stay banned for sure, but for the other people i think everyone should get one more opportunity everyone have bad days, make mistakes etc.

You guys really should talk about this, i already talked with some staffs about it and all of them said it was a good idea

If that happens i am pretty a lot of people will come back to the game bring back some hype and many others advantages.

Cya, and thanks for reading.

• Like 2

image.png.f987891793a787f38288ae564a7c5d82.png

Guest deleteduser41af

Before i even speak my mind and about the moderation, i would like to say one thing before even doing it (if i do it).

If u want the opinions, i would like to know if u take this thread into consideration and will u even change how u moderate the game and discord? Cause so far, u are still just defending most of the stuff people is writing in this thread and that seems pointless even when people use the thread to tell what to change and what not to change.

The reason for my question is that i made a thread about discord months ago and that didnt change anything even when i got told, they would take it to them and blabla.

1-Chat rules :

I am glad to see that the majority of our Community agrees with the latest Chat Rules changes. Devs put a timer on trade chat, so users can post only once per 30seconds and yeah that helps a lot. I am not a fan of Rates on Help Chat, Onkelles mentioned that people spam their Pokemon there and some questions get burried. So we might need to look further into it in the future, if it starts being annoying. I believe you will find all replies you need in Qeight's guide about the use of in-game chat rules. You can find the guide here.

2-Trade & Forum rules :

A) Auctions in game,

I have thought many times to forbid online auctions, since it is really messy to moderate them. Auctioneers break the rules many times and bidders do not keep the appropriate evidence, so we don't have enough evidence to actually moderate it correctly. And there you will find the loopholes I am referring to my auction guide. Last call isn't a thing, every time you see last call, you can simply report the auction. About misleading/deceiving, users using their friends or alts to raise their Pokemon's price, be sure that if reported, we can investigate and find out.

@The thread will allow only one post per each minute, so if two users tried to post at same minute , whoever posts first win and the system will state that the current minute is taken by a bid and to wait for next minute.

@the whole issue will be at last 10 minutes, but that shouldn't be of a problem , after all applying the new rules , the system will allow extra 15 minutes after each minute of last 10 minutes raised on bids,

This would be too complicated to be made by Rules and I would prefer our Devs to focus on other Staff, such as Game Content and Auction House. I cannot reply on any question or suggestion about Developers, but only Moderation and how we can be better.

3- Pvp rules :

A:SquirtleSquad: Banned abilities , Moves

Moves and Abilities are coded according the 7th Gen, we cannot nerf or edit anything, since we want to follow the originals. If a move or ability is considered "too op", we drop it on the table, after listening to Community's comments about it, as well. Trust me, every banned ability and move, was discussed a lot and decisions were made carefully.

Thanks for your feedback and your kind words.

I can also relate to that. There's no way I can play the game without having PM's off. I also have to ignore people who spam friend invite. I really wish there was a way that you can only friend invite someone once. If you get denied, you should no longer be able to friend invite the person. I was also ATTACKED by a friend invite spam twice while I was in a PVP battle and my game crashed because of that. It is a really easy way to torment someone you don't like or make someones client explode while you are losing a PVP match, just to save yourself from losing rating. It is coward and disgusting.

Before you say "you could /ignore the person doing friend invite spam", sometimes their username are too hard to type and until I finish typing it, my client is already lagging and crashing.

I hope you understand my frustration.

This is more of a Developer's matter, we can't do anything about that. Best we could, is suggest to Devs to insert "Ignore" to the list you can see by right clicking the user. Will be suggested.

you guys (staffs) don't have any record? how come?

Nope. We don't save any chat record. This is the reason you have to provide chat evidence yourself.

also attracting potential offenders to scam once they know someone is new in the game

In case of severe infractions, even more having to do with Trades, we might find out what happened after Investigation and through appeals, with the help of trade logs. In any case, not having the appropriate evidence will just make our job harder and we can't assure anyone about finding out what exactly happened. We try our best, with what we have.

later on by looking around in the forum, I know that staffs are volunteers and have their busy life in work/school

I guess, just guessing,

if they don't treat it in that way, their workload would be really HUGE and would exhaust them after real life stuff

Yes, Staff Members are volunteers, it is just a hobby, contributing to the Game we love. We spend a great amount of our free time to do that, some users appreciate it and some others don't. I want to believe that majority does.

asking for help and want to report offender but they already closed the pm because they didn't know about this "feature"

well actually what I said above is not a complaint or a suggestion or something

I understand why they use such method in reporting

Each Moderation Staff member reacts differently in real time cases. All of us should tell you to report on forums, this is the proper way. We have to fill logs for all our auctions, so everything to be transparent and having a report about it is the best way. Now, if the Staff Member is related to your case, then some actions can be taken online, but you still need to report it. Although, if you ask f.e. a CC, Mod, Tmod to handle a GM case, they can't. They will redirect you to forums and will inform GMs about the matter.

here is what I really want to ask

Timed cooldown poll has already held for months

This is off-topic. We have nothing to do with that, it is Content related. This post aims to discuss Moderation stuff only.

Thank you for your kind feedback and I hope I cleared any concern.

• Like 4

tTDfGff.png?1

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

"One for all, all for one"

PRO Rules | Punishment Policy

| How to report

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

First of all there is to many useless rules (nope, don't ask me to say which ones, that is not my work and if you guys want you can review all of them and understand what i am saying).

This is literally why we are making this thread to see what our community thinks about our rules, we wouldn't have them if we didn't think they were good. We want to know which rules we can improve upon, what can be done better and such. This comment literally helps us 0%.

-Random bans, there is people that got banned for "stupid" reasons or even for no reason, you guys should ban less people

Players are never banned for "stupid" reasons let alone for "no reason". Those claims come up a ton of times but are unfounded, find me a user that was banned without reason or with a "stupid" reason. We ban if there is evidence and a rule has been broken, nothing less than that. Random bans would quickly result in staff removal.

From my experience as player I can speak very accurately about that, I don't believe I would be staff right now if we had staff members who ban over nothing or stupid reasons.

-Random mutes, and yes there is many even me, i already got muted by staff for talking about FOOTBALL, the staff member said that football was a sensitive topic(:ChikoritaWTF:?), don't ask me to show any evidence etc, that just a example and i do not want this staff member get punished for this.

You know as well as I do that you were not muted for talking about football. I checked our logs about it again, you were muted for using vulgar language after a moderator warned in chat about it just a few minutes prior.

Players are not muted for random stuff and giving out inaccurate information just spreads hate towards that staff that isn't necessary. You were muted for using vulgar language after a warning was given not because you were talking about football.

-Power abuse, sometimes even if you are staff that does not mean you are always correct, some staff members can't accept players opinions and because of that they decide to abuse or try to punish the player.

Examples, if you don't want to name them publicly, DM me about it. We do not tolerate any form of abuse and rigorously remove or suspend abusive staffs.

Users' often claim its power abuse when in reality they did a mistake and are too proud to admit it or are simply misinformed, like you with your mute about "football".

-You guys should do a massive unban wave, maybe this looks weird for you that is reading at the moment but that would be a great move for the game, a lot of company's already have done that. (SOME OF THEM: Transformice, League of Legends, Overwatch, Dota 2, Wow)

Should you guys unban ALL players?

-No, nope, never, people that got banned for botting, using hacks and similar stuff should stay banned for sure, but for the other people i think everyone should get one more opportunity everyone have bad days, make mistakes etc.

Will not happen, MAJORITY of bans are botters, realmoneytraders and cheaters. Players we do not want to see in our game, there are not that many "toxicity" permbans, actually to receive a permban for toxicity now you need an EXTENSIVE record something like 7-8-9 offenses and at that point well you kind of deserve to be banned with constantly breaking our rules. If you find me users' who were banned for toxicity in the past and they have a decent appeal, we are more than willing to unban. I gave users' more than 2 chances, I received mine and made the best out of it.

• Like 3
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

I am glad to see that the majority of our Community agrees with the latest Chat Rules changes. Devs put a timer on trade chat, so users can post only once per 30seconds and yeah that helps a lot. I am not a fan of Rates on Help Chat, Onkelles mentioned that people spam their Pokemon there and some questions get burried. So we might need to look further into it in the future, if it starts being annoying. I believe you will find all replies you need in Qeight's guide about the use of in-game chat rules. You can find the guide here.

I have thought many times to forbid online auctions, since it is really messy to moderate them. Auctioneers break the rules many times and bidders do not keep the appropriate evidence, so we don't have enough evidence to actually moderate it correctly. And there you will find the loopholes I am referring to my auction guide. Last call isn't a thing, every time you see last call, you can simply report the auction. About misleading/deceiving, users using their friends or alts to raise their Pokemon's price, be sure that if reported, we can investigate and find out.

This would be too complicated to be made by Rules and I would prefer our Devs to focus on other Staff, such as Game Content and Auction House. I cannot reply on any question or suggestion about Developers, but only Moderation and how we can be better.

Moves and Abilities are coded according the 7th Gen, we cannot nerf or edit anything, since we want to follow the originals. If a move or ability is considered "too op", we drop it on the table, after listening to Community's comments about it, as well. Trust me, every banned ability and move, was discussed a lot and decisions were made carefully.

Thanks for your feedback and your kind words.

This is more of a Developer's matter, we can't do anything about that. Best we could, is suggest to Devs to insert "Ignore" to the list you can see by right clicking the user. Will be suggested.

Nope. We don't save any chat record. This is the reason you have to provide chat evidence yourself.

In case of severe infractions, even more having to do with Trades, we might find out what happened after Investigation and through appeals, with the help of trade logs. In any case, not having the appropriate evidence will just make our job harder and we can't assure anyone about finding out what exactly happened. We try our best, with what we have.

Yes, Staff Members are volunteers, it is just a hobby, contributing to the Game we love. We spend a great amount of our free time to do that, some users appreciate it and some others don't. I want to believe that majority does.

Each Moderation Staff member reacts differently in real time cases. All of us should tell you to report on forums, this is the proper way. We have to fill logs for all our auctions, so everything to be transparent and having a report about it is the best way. Now, if the Staff Member is related to your case, then some actions can be taken online, but you still need to report it. Although, if you ask f.e. a CC, Mod, Tmod to handle a GM case, they can't. They will redirect you to forums and will inform GMs about the matter.

This is off-topic. We have nothing to do with that, it is Content related. This post aims to discuss Moderation stuff only.

Thank you for your kind feedback and I hope I cleared any concern.

Big thanks to u Logan for reading , responding not to mention concerns and this thread in particular overall.

Same thanks to the entire moderating staff and whole PRO team.

Best of luck to u buddies.

Regards .

<3

• Like 3

My opinion:

- I think a blocked list to prevent harassments would be really really and really awesome. And players blocked does not knows that he/she is blocked.

- How do you think about 7 days black MS? Or an extending extra pack for 1-2 more days. People do not want to buy a 3 days black MS just because they have 1-2 days free, so on...

- I have seen a lot of complaints about being banned since 2016 - not sure if it is right or not, but I think maybe banning rules/mechanism has trouble. Maybe there should be a Topic on forum named "Banned player, Reasons and Proof". I think no one/less player (even staff) record while playing/chatting, except youtuber, why do we have to record the gameplay or make the screen capture if we do not know that we are going to be banned, right? So I think force player to show the record/screen capture to appeal make it nonsense. There should be other way to show the proof maybe. And If player have to show evidence to be unbanned, so I think staff should show evidence to make ban on someone.

- Can you please allow all of us to have a chance to obtain legendary mounts/stuffs other ways beside PvP? I think many of players here are more interested in hunting, trading, doing bosses/daily misson than PvP, or do not have enough intelligence/smart/patient to battle. So how about make it tradable or some really hard quests to obtain instead of 500 PvP points for non-PvPer player? Also I think PvP coin should not be made for buying exclusive stuff, but cheaper stuff.

- Sometimes I chat with other player for trading and got disconnected. I know that was my bad but I have no choice, some how that I do not remember his/her name (too much symbols or nonsense name). So the only way to find him/her was chat in trade chat. And it is really a common sittuation in this game. So I think that will be great having a list of "recently chat" in the social box.

- More mount/clothes/wings... to buy on shop, monthly contest of costume design etc will be nice.

~ Thanks for your voluntariness to make this game better day by day.

~ Best regard.