HOW TO MAKE BOSSING EASY

Animesh3011

So here is a thing that many players might find difficult to do and that is bossing.

So after 2500 hours in game, i have experienced battling many bosses using different strategies and there are many that work well even on hard mode.

Now as most bosses have been reworked, they dont allow items so you cant use revives or potions etc. So in these tricks, i will explain how to minimize the chances of crits and ohko by them.

(Since the idea of making a bossing guide came to my mind after i did all my bosses, i will make a video explaining how it works after they cool down)

Now the tricks are :

1. After gale wings talonflame was nerfed, it might have been kinda useless in pvp but still it is one of the best pokemons for bossing (and yes i used only talonflame for shary shaui).

In order to use talonflame as a boss counter, you need one with adamant nature, max attack and hp/speed evs cuz here only attack will matter. Moveset you can keep whatever you want just fly is a must. And item you need on it is lagging tail.

Now what happens here is fly gives talonflame priority in first turn and lagging tail makes it go second in second turn.

For example: if i am fighting shaui shaymin with my talon then it will go like:

1st turn: talonflame used fly, shaymin used airslash but missed

2nd turn: shaymin used airslash but missed (as talonflame has lost priority due to lagging tail) , talonflame used fly, ITS SUPEREFFECTIVE!!!!

This trick works on all bosses as nothing touches it unless they have a good physical wall (like steelix) that resists fly.

Another thing that counters talonflame is noguard machamp (makes stoneedge hit even when talonflame is flying up) and thunder (cuz it hits pokemon with fly) and hurricane

So make sure to bring counters for such pokemons.

2. Boldcarona: Boldcarona or bold volcarona has always been my favourite boss killer because it can ohko after setup unlike talonflame that spams fly and kills pokemons in 3-4 turns normally.

For using volcarona there are many ways like:

a) Setup screens from klefki and then switch to volcarona

b) (my fav) Here another nerfed pokemon comes handy and that is none other than digtrio!!! Due to massive speed, it outspeeds many boss leads (you can give it scarf too, or run with sash) and you just use it for memento that harshly lowers opponent's attack and special attack stat providing easy setup for volcarona

c) Third trick is for bosses that gift us a chance to setup volca (like suicune guardian, shamac on his 3rd pokemon, birch when lead with mightyena) In case of these bosses, as birch if lead with mightyena just spams suckerpunch on volca providing easy setup chance, and bosses like suicune guardian (kyurem lead) and shamac(3rd poke goodra) use dracometeor on volcarona, so all you have to do is bring volcarona against their dragon and switch to a special wall (not fairy ofc) so that it uses dracometeor and lowers his spatk , then you can easily switch to volca and setup as after spatk is harshly lowered, their crits won ohko your pokemon.

For using volcarona i suggest bold nature with max def and hp evs and moveset quiverdance bugbuzz flamethrower and roost. Item you can run is leftovers on most or even can go weakness policy against bosses like pewdie who use surf on volca.

But make sure to provide an easy chance for volca to setup by any method above.

Like talon, volcarona is also countered by bosses that use rocktype pokemons like brock so you cant setup against him.

3. Slowbro: This physical tank can be annoying in pvp as well as to bosses as its high defense provides it with easy chance to setup . Slowbro works really well against bosses like brock, battle boss(on dock), nikola and many more.

For setting up slowbro, you just need pne with bold nature, and hidden ability is suggested but others can work too.

For moveset you go, iron defense, calmmind, scald and slackoff

It is countered by pokemon leading with good spatk move to counter it or its set makes it weak to pokemons like unaware quagsire.

4. Clefable: This little fairy might prove a nightmare in pvp and it is not less than onr in bossing too. Access to cosmicpower and calmmind, softboiled for recovery and moonblast as stab makes it unstoppable unless you are facing a good steel type while setting up or you get a critical hit.

Bold clefable with magicguard, holding leftover (you can burn or poison your clefable before fighting bosses against wild pokemon so thst leftover can provide a second recovery option besides softboiled, but keep in mind it is banned in pvl that you cant put a status condition on your pokemon before match)

Clefable is op unless countered by unaware pokemons or a dual type with 4x resistance to fairy (like heatran) or you are trying to setup on strong steel types then ofc clefable will fail there.

5. Snorlax: This big fat boi is a good counter to bosses as it can solo many alone with access to curse amnesia rest and a move to cripple down opponent's health. Training a careful snorlax boosts its spdef so you can easily setup against special sweepers (can use memento trick here too or screens )

6. These pokemons have enough power to solo bosses alone but you can also take other pokemons that come handy in case your main sweeper dies and those are, blissey, ferrothorn, umbreon ,chesnaught etc.

SO THESE ARE THE TRICKS I ALWAYS USE AND THEY WORK FOR ME EVERYTIME AND IF YOU GOT MORE TRICKS THEN YOU CAN SHARE HERE.

THANKS FOR READING

https://youtu.be/hySLEQszPRQ

Here is a link for my boss video where u can see how to use talonflame trick as some users faced problems

Edited by Animesh3011
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Charizard is a special attacker, and fly move is physical attack. To use lagging tail you should have priority ability. And I only suggest lagging tail on Talonflame.

hi, this trick about fly for talonflame work only on talonflame?

because i try it using charizard and if i put lagging tail he fly after the attack of the enemy.

This trick only works on talon for now cause galewings ability + fly is bugged atm. Its normaly not supposed to work like this.

This trick only works on talon for now cause galewings ability + fly is bugged atm. Its normaly not supposed to work like this.

I try this trick and doesn't work. Play again shady and shade, first turn talonflame fly, flareon miss, talonflame attack, flareon attack talonflame. Naturally second turn died for lagging tail. Or there is something to do before or is not a trick

I try this trick and doesn't work. Play again shady and shade, first turn talonflame fly, flareon miss, talonflame attack, flareon attack talonflame. Naturally second turn died for lagging tail. Or there is something to do before or is not a trick

Tried too it seems doesnt work help plz

• 1 month later...