Shiny Lives Matter

Shadowranger

I am not much of a shiny collector but I find comfort in the small niche that is shiny PvP, I am a perfectionist and as such I am still working on my team. I'd like to make a few suggestions that I believe will make things easier for small hobbies-ts like me.

More SHINY RE-ROLLS

I mean this one is pretty natural, more shiny rerolls = improved quality of shinnies all around the server. You could test the rate and reward players for a niche other than pvp, example special events and live GM events that help create a more colorful community.

REPOSSESSED SHINY AUCTION

Over time players have come and go, while others get banned and sadly the numbers of shinnies we lose rises according to that everyday. I'd suggest a way of repossessing the shinnies and releasing them back into the wild and lower the overall catch rate for a specific shiny for a set duration till that shiny is caught or an auction held by staff, perhaps an event.

208237544_cryingumbrion.jpeg.e45f5cfa670d568d8b6d570e55506ccb.jpeg

Please feel free to make any suggestions and keep this thread alive

• Like 2

To be or not be that is the question

ShadowRanger|Silverpokelogoprofile.jpg Server|PseudoCode

-1, so basically you're suggesting something to increase the value of your own shinnies.

Actually according to economics its really quiet the opposite, I collect pvp shinnies which are special in nature due to the fact that any shiny is 1/8192 or something like that and the chance of catching a usable pvp one is actually much lower. If shiny re rolls and repossessed shiny auctions were to be introduced, there would be more pvpable shinnies and as such price for mine would fall due to the competition from other possibility better Pokemon, while if repossessed shinnies were to be introduced the price of my shines if I were to sell would fall. Economically speaking there would be no gain I'd receive from this suggestion except the chance to collect better shinnies at a lower price.

• Like 1

First i think that would make the game too easy ofc every collector would like to have more shiny but it would be boring also to get them so easy.

Second is imigane someone get perma banned but find proofs that he didn't do anything and successfully appeal all his shinies would be gone and sold to random people in auction.

• Like 1

First i think that would make the game too easy ofc every collector would like to have more shiny but it would be boring also to get them so easy.

Second is imigane someone get perma banned but find proofs that he didn't do anything and successfully appeal all his shinies would be gone and sold to random people in auction.

I figured out that point now. Would really make things too easy, plus would affect the people already collecting too much.

Shinies are very rare, pvpable shinies even harder to come by but should stay that way. Any changes in regards to shinies no matter how small is pushing the envelope IMO.

I would feel proud to have that one shiny that is pvpable, similarly I would be surprised but determined to beat that one guy that had that shiny Greninja. But if they became more widespread seeing or having a shiny would feel les exciting and probably less valueable.

Any proposal I see to update shinies just comes off as a collector's own hidden agenda, so as always -1.

Edited by Darksun20