Final THINGS for the PvP to be perfect [2]

Starkrey

Hello there,

This thread is a continuation of the first thread that was written by Adam a year ago summarizing most of the moves/abilities that were not coded as well as other potential beneficial changes for the PVP : https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/100844-url

We were happy to see some of the suggestions were taken in account by Eaty and the whole staff team and eventually coded/fixed.

Here, i'm going to summarize again the maximum amount of moves, abilities, and PvP related stuff that still need to be coded/fixed for the PvP to be finally the one we've always dreamt of !

I'll also take in account those mentionned in last year's thread that weren't possible to code/fix at the time or not coded in italic.

So here are my suggestions, those i think are important for this game's PVP (can be updated).

Need to be coded / fixed

Moves :

• Substitute (as previously said one of the most essential move in Pokemon strategy)
  • Healing Wish
  • U-turn / Volt Switch : We need to be able to choose our switch after the attack triggered
  • U-turn / Volt Switch : We should be able to use Volt Switch / U-turn even when all our other pokemons are dead, whilst we can't
  • Fly and Bounce : Bugged, they completly ignore moves like Protect, Destiny Bond and simply go through like it's nothing
  • Softboiled, Roost, Recover, Slack Off : Doesn't let you use the move and heal yourself when the opponent switches to a Pokemon who dies to Stealth Rock or any entry hazard on the switch [spoiler=Video Evidence]

Taunt : When a Pokemon is under the Taunt effect, he shouldn't be able to use his moves that aren't attacks even if it writes "But it failed", he should be forced to use only Attacking moves instead
Stomping Tantrum : The move should get boosted by x2 BP when the user's last move failed as it works in the official games [spoiler=Video Evidence]

Recycle

Abilities :

• Imposter (Ditto's Signature ability, very useful pokemon in PVP)
  • Gluttony (can be quite useful in the future alongside gen 7 berries)
  • Illusion (Zoroark's Signature ability, makes the mon completly useless without it)
  • Flash Fire : Should boost Fire moves BP by x1.5 when hit by a fire move instead of only absorbing the attack

Other important changes/upgrades :

• A forfeit option/button (this is more like a suggestion, doesn't really have to do with anything coded wrongly)
  • Having the information about the number of turns left of Rain/Sun/Sand/Screens on the screen like on Showdown
  • Having the possibility to get at least 2 versions of the same Legendary Pokemon for a different set/nature (again, this is only a suggestion that, in my opinion, could really benefit the versatility of the PVP, but it doesn't have anything to do with coding)

Items :

• Red Card / Eject Button : intersting items to have in PvP, can bring more diversity and creative sets
  • Figy, Iapapa, and the rest of the berries that aren't ingame : very useful berries in PvP, brings again more diversity to the sets and can really help some Pokemons (at least for the 2 first ones)
  • Air Balloon : Pops when hit by a fire move on Heatran, whilst it shouldn't, and probably the same for other 'absorbing' Abilities

So these are my suggestions for the current PvP system in PRO, i know the Staff Team and its developers are already working on that matter but i thought it would be a good idea to summarize everything again after a year in order to help them and to possibily get new PvP stuff coded just like last year's thread helped in that process.

I also know a big PvP update is currently being worked on, but i feel like some of these bugs/moves/abilites/changes could or should be fixed and added beforehand and as fast as possible, considering the importance of many of these previous points in the current PvP system.

If anyone feels i've forgotten something or has anything to say about the thread, feel free to comment !

Yours truly.

Edited by Eaty
  • Like 17

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed and truly support. Who wouldn't appreciate such things or wish to have them anyway? Also it's glad seeing that veterans already commented about supporting it. Thanks for all the efforts. And hoping for implementations.

Thanks to you for supporting, support from a veteran like you is always appreciated as well !