[TUTORIAL] How to PRO on Android

Marcylene

pokeball_free_icon_by_scratch_the_hedgie-d3jwgjs.gif1. Requirements

1.1. Minimum

• MB allowed / app in ROM: 128 MB ( check the following app ↓↓ )
  • RAM: 1 Gb (+256 MB free)
  • CPU: 1.0 Ghz (one core w/o overclocking)
  • Graph: OpenGL ES 2.0

I've coded an app that let you check the amount of memory that your ROM allows to be allocated in RAM per application. Install allowing "Unknown sources". No ads and no special permissions. Hope it helps!

1.2. Recommended

• MB allowed / app in ROM: 384 - 512 MB ( check the app above ↑↑ )
  • RAM: 1.5 Gb +
  • CPU: 1.2 Ghz (dual core) +
  • Graph: OpenGL ES 2.0 or later

pokeball_free_icon_by_scratch_the_hedgie-d3jwgjs.gif2. Facts to check

• General knowledge
    • Make sure you have installed the latest version of the APK
    • Your device is qualified because you know its properties and are similar/better than you read before
    • The APK installed correctly because you had "Unknown sources" active and so on
    • You have closed all the background app's that you had opened before to clean up RAM

DOWNLOAD RECOMMENDATION: There have been some problems with downloads directly from devices. I highly recommend to download the apk archive from your computer and then transfer it to your mobile device.

IF YOUR KEYBOARD DOESN'T SHOW UP: Try installing another another and disabling/uninstalling the old one. This usually fixes it. I highly recommend Google Keyboard. Those that don't consume too much RAM memory are the best.

AVOIDING "PARSE ERROR": You'll need to try several file explorers. The best for installing apk archives is Astro File Explorer

• Developer options
    • "Force GPU rendering" = disabled.
    • "Force MSAA 4x" = disabled.
    • "Disable HW overlays" = unchecked.
    • "Background process limit" = "Standart limit".
    • "Allow mock locations" = disabled.
    • "Logger buffer sizes" = 256K per log buffer.
    • "Simulate color space" = disabled.

pokeball_free_icon_by_scratch_the_hedgie-d3jwgjs.gif3. Clean installation

1. Go to Settings -> Apps and look for PRO
  2. Force stop
  3. Clear both data and cache
  4. Uninstall
  5. Reboot your device
  6. Install again the apk and retry

pokeball_free_icon_by_scratch_the_hedgie-d3jwgjs.gif4. Increasing VM Heap Size (ROOT users)

1. Download my app from "Requirements section" and check the memory
  2. Download and install from Google Play this app: RAM Manager Free
  3. Open it and grant Root permissions
  4. Skip ads and slide from left side to right (options menu)
  5. Tap on "EXTRA"
  6. Select "VM HEAP SIZE"
  7. Slide the bar to the maximum allowed (if it's at its max value, stop here, you can't upgrade it)
  8. Accept to reboot your phone
  9. Run my app again to check if it changed
  10. Perform a clean installation (Point 3)

pokeball_free_icon_by_scratch_the_hedgie-d3jwgjs.gif5. Changing the runtime system on 4.4 version

5.1. If you do NOT have root access

1. Go to "Developer options" under settings.
  2. Tap on "Select runtime".
  3. Choose "Use ART".
  4. Reboot your phone manually.
  5. Reinstall APK of the game.

5.2. If you DO have root access (advanced and risky)

1. Make a full back up of your phone from your recovery, please.
  2. Wipe DALVIK cache and reboot (optional)
  3. Download and open a terminal.
  4. Write this and press enter
    su

5. Now, write this and enter again
    setprop persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib libart.so

6. Reboot your phone manually or by writing this and enter then
    reboot

7. Reinstall APK of the game.

pokeball_free_icon_by_scratch_the_hedgie-d3jwgjs.gif6. Flash another Kernel/ROM (very risky)

If you've reached this point, it means that you didn't get it to work properly following the other points. Unfortunately, there is nothing more in this guide that could help you, since each device is unique and there are thousands of them. The title says it all: you need to find another ROM. It will be a complicated road with a lot of obstacles. Life is hard and we have to fight it. If something makes you sweat, it worths to be done. Don't let anyone tell what you can do or not. It's inside yourself. Stand up and start building a better future! Act! Jump high! You have the power of changing your own life. You are the only one that can rise up everytime you fall. Forget about being stuck in hats monotony and live... Dreams are the engine of the world.

Now, seriously, due to general request, here's a brief introduction about this point:

6.1. What is a ROM?

One of the best things about the openness of the Android platform is that if you're unhappy with the stock OS, you can install one of many modified versions of Android (called ROMs) on your device. A new ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer does, or it can replace your manufacturer-modded version of Android with a clean, stock version.

6.2. How can I flash one?

There are thousands devices and all of them are different each other. Thus there is not a unique method for all of them. I highly recommend to check XDA Developers forum and look for your model. There are lots of guides and tutorials around it. Remember, it's a complicated process in most of the cases. Take care and remember always to make a back up of your important data and current ROM.

But, marcylene, have you tried it all yourself or you messing us? :proud:

Of course!

Self-Tested devices:

• Jiayu G5S + Stock 4.4.2 = worked after changing Dalvik to ART.
  • Jiayu G5S + Cyanogenmod 12.1 (5.1.1) = works.
  • Sony Xperia M2 Aqua + Stock 5.1.1 = works.
  • Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 + Sotck 4.4 = worked after changing Dalvik to ART.

IMPORTANT NOTE: it seems to work in all Cyanogenmod's ROM!

Thanks to my super-reporters:

- BigBrainAFK for testing the game on all Sony Xperia Z series: Z1, Z1c, Z2, Z2c, Z3, Z3c and Z5 + 5.1.1 on all = works.

- ImMrLemons: "I finally gave in and flashed CyanogenMod 12.1 for my Galaxy S5. Thankfully PRO did work after it was installed."

- shay3100 for testing on Nexus 5x with 6.0.1 MM = works.

- Rafaella: Samsung Galaxy Gran Prime Duos VE [G531H] - Works with Little to none graphic stuttering (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop [stock with Touchwiz UI])."

- Arnie for running benchmark with Galaxy S4 and Note 4 (Both are running CM12.1). "PRO requires upwards of 748MB of free operating RAM to work properly. Shane developes android PRO on a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE, and a note 4/5. The former of which has 2GB RAM."

- Aeolian successfully changed Dalvik to ART runtime under android 4.4.2 in a Samsung Galaxy (did not specified which model)

- Jasmer: "I can confirm this game works no problem on the HTC Desire 626s (T-Mobile Model) You don't have to do any special things to get this game to run on it."

- Kebren: "I would like to inform that the game runs on Samsung Grand Prime now too! and really smooth."

- tanfo92 who got it to work in a Samsung Galaxy S4 after updating to 5.0.1 version.

- northedan: "I installed the game on my Moto G2 (Android 6.0). The game opens, but when this loading files it closes suddenly... (later) ...Thanks Marcylene, I did you 'Clean installation Tutorial' and worked for me."

Feel free to ask whatever and, please, give me a feedback if you tried it! :Shy:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99882 is there any solution for note 3 using lollipop os already?

What happens exactly? I don't have any friend/family with that mobile :S

Does it keep loading hats? Or what's the problem? :)

EDIT: check if your android version is really LP and not a rom based on KK but with apk's and themes from LP. That would require to change libraries anyway.

99882 is there any solution for note 3 using lollipop os already?

What happens exactly? I don't have any friend/family with that mobile :S

Does it keep loading hats? Or what's the problem? :)

EDIT: check if your android version is really LP and not a rom based on KK but with apk's and themes from LP. That would require to change libraries anyway.

my PRO client always crashes everytime i use chat after 5mins of logging in.. im using android lolipop 5.0

100076 my PRO client always crashes everytime i use chat after 5mins of logging in.. im using android lolipop 5.0

Oh, if the problem appears when using chat it could be two things that has nothing to do with this solution (changing Runtime, etc).

Try this:

1. Download any new Keyboard from Google Play (I recommend "Google Keyboard")
  2. If you can, DISABLE the one you have been using until now
  3. Configure it properly to make it work
  4. Reboot
  5. Make sure you have it enabled
  6. Reinstall APK of the game with latest update
  7. Try again playing and checking the chat in-game

Hope it works, tell me after trying :)

When you say it is being stuck at "loading hats" means that takes some time to load or doesnt load at all?

I have a note 2 with custom rom and it takes some time to load the game and to wait at the queue as well so it is a bit of a bummer.

Will this help me ?

100088 When you say it is being stuck at "loading hats" means that takes some time to load or doesnt load at all?

When it gets STUCK with no advance at "loading hats" what is actually happening is that, when you use DALVIK, the apk compiles itself everytime you open the APP. With ART, when you install the apk, the system pre-compiles the app so it does not have to load the amount of data that this game, for example, has got.

The best way to see it is at Windows: when you download the zip container of the .exe and the data folder, it weights ~100Mb. But, when uncompressed, it's ~1Gb.

The same is for Android, when you download the APK:

• DALVIK --> Every time you open the game, the APK compiles (extract) that big amount of data (~1Gb).
  • ART --> When you install the APK, all the data is extracted in your memory until you uninstall the game.

The "normal" waiting time for loading this game in Android when "loading hats" is 15 seconds as much.