A Unique Crafting System Concept and giving things a purpose

Filda

Hello,

Just short before I begin explaining, please avoid comments like "This is not minecraft", because I am more than aware that it is not.

I was thinking about something that could make PRO better in the long term, occupy players for longer periods and always give them some sort of perhaps, daily goal? I know the devs are in a rush now and working on many things, so this could work as some sort of an idea for the future ;).

So let me start, PRO lacks some sort of activity that players could do and benefit from aside from usual pokemon farming and endgame boss fighting I am not counting Officer Jenny, since her quests are one time only and not really worth it. New players can usually only catch pokemon while on their journey to complete the story and can't do bosses. In the long run, players can get bored from hunting pokemon all the time or when they catch the pokemon they want, they could succumb to "burnouts" or loss of motivation from a lack of a goal. This leading to loss of playercount. Pokemon is a game with infinite replayability, indeed. But there will come a time when people get tired from always hunting hours for that epic h.a. tier 8 pokemon. So I thought about what do people do while trying to catch pokemon or do bosses? They travel, they travel in grass, encounter wild pokemon... and run from them. Runing from wild common pokemon because they have no use for them. What if we gave them a purpose? What if we encouraged people to hunt even more?! What if we could give players a permanent side goal they would continuously complete and maintain their motivation when they aren't able to catch that perfect pokemon? Here comes my idea, brace yourselves :D It is adding a crafting system, a new tab, that would allow players to utilize random wild encounters to craft common items up to better ones? Sounds pretty wild, doesnt it? Lemme explain:

-I suggest that we could add material drops that you would recieve from any pokemon encounter when you kill/catch it

What I mean by that is, that every pokemon would drop its unique material after you would defeat or catch it. The higher the pokemon tier, the higher the material rarity. This could transform annoying wild encounter while traveling, into juicy re-stocking opportunities.

Example: 1 Rattata drops 1 Rattata fur after battle

-I suggest that we would be able to craft different items from these materials like potions or pokeballs!

Not every player wants to spend his money on buying basic, one use items. Instead, crafting and gaining materials while normaly playing the game would reward the more active and devoted players that already invested thousands of hours into the game, by giving the opportunity to utilize all the efforts they've invested into the game by essentialy, "removing the money cost of base items" if they have enought resources. This could also help new players while on their journey when money is not around.

Example: PRO players wouldnt need to spend crazy amounts of money on repels when they would be able to craft them!

-Insane opportunities for better in-game events and for the player's motivation!

The crafting system could have infinite ways it could be used! We could craft through it event exclusive items instead of having to catch tier 8 pokemon and gaining "coins" to buy items in the shop (I am looking at you, recent Halloween event), acquire crafting recipes through in-game events that would or would not disappear after the event, to get the possibility to make yourself event clothes for example. Players that dont intend to hunt hours for pokemon or arent interested would also have something to chase after they completed the main event quest.

-I suggest adding various recipes to obtain as all kinds of rewards.

Recipes can be used in many places as exclusive ways of gaining rewards.

Example: When an event begins, all players would gain a limited time recipe for event items for them to craft. Recipes for exclusive clothes from defeating a PVE boss. PVP random or shop purchases. Rewards from quests.

-I suggest the crafting system itself :P.

The crafting system would be a tab just like the inventory, pokedex, etc... You would be able to access it anytime and craft anything you currently need.

You would be able to view the amount of each material you have in a new tab in the inventory. The crafting tab would be a place where you could view all the available items to craft. You would select one by clicking at it, viewing the required amount of each material, being able to write manualy the amount of the crafted items, and being able to craft it!

Example:

1523882303_PROproject3.png.ed403e3f60aa5316abc31895b17a54b9.png We could also add a little "info" icon next to each material to get an indication on where to find it.

-I mini-suggest :D This could also be a future way of obtaining/making mega stones (maybe Z-stones too...)

You could perhaps obtain the recipe for making each individual mega stone from its own quest and once unlocked, you could maybe craft it for a high material price of course.

I have the feeling, that I listed the majority of the positive effects it could bring, now, to the negative part:

-Making possible to craft clothes could slightly break the economy, only if the clothes would be made tradable.

-A crap ton of work for the small PRO dev team. (That's why I listed this only as a side idea for when the major issues were being done dealing with)

Bottomline, I think this would be an increadible and very unique way of giving the players a chance of getting something extra out of their normal playtime and I think it still has a lot more potential than I said in this suggestion post.

Thank you so much for reading my whole post ;)

Filda.

1285551795_PROproject2.thumb.png.e3f3fbe1be545fbe54664e233d2908f7.png

• Like 3
giphy.gif

i feel like this is odd enough to where i cant really tell how well it would mix with the game as it is, but i do like the idea of it for crafting z stones and mega stones x)

Well, crafting things stone like this could come in the far future xD

giphy.gif

I don't really like the idea of crafting in Pokemon, also pretty much every other game nowadays has a crafting feature. The idea isn't creative.

I would however suggest something like the Item Recycler for Pokemon - The Pokemon Recycler. You are sick and tired of having to trash pokemon all the time because your limited box space isn't enough for you? Go recycle those trash poke and gain items like potions and pokeballs that way.

You could also include a feature that increases the rarity and amount of your prize depending on the iv's you submit. This would also be easy to implement, since the core mechanic already exists.

• Like 1