My team for bosses and what i can do to make it better (any kind of help is much appreciated)

Baganha

Hello! Today im here to show you the team that i use to defeat bosses on the hard dificulty, the reason im making this post is that i hope to find more help for my team to get higher success as, even with a pretty good win ratio, there are still some imperfections in it that i believe some people, who have more experience than me in boss fights, can potentially help me out.

Since i started fighting against bosses i realized that with all the buffs they give to them so the AI can someone even out the for the lack of cognition, i knew it couldnt be beaten in a fair fight, odds are if youre bringing your pvp HO team, youll get overwhelmed by the insane amount of bulk and power these pokemon can dish out. Even your tankiest walls from the fatter stalls will struggle taking hits from these freaks, making stall while more possible to beat bosses than any offense could, its still an unreliable way to beat them, not to mention its slow as well. While im sure most players have already realized this, the question now comes, how can we circunvent this? Well one thing the AI will never do that is definitely exploitable is the fact it never switches, no matter how bad the situation is for the pokemon in front of them, they just keep using moves with it, and thats why i believe memento with stat passing is the most efficient way to beat bosses. Knowing what i wanted to use, all i missed now was the pokemon themselves. Just a heads up, im a bit of a slacker when it comes to geting good pokemon, so mostly what you see here is by no means the optimal choice of either ability/nature or ev spreads, however ill be posting down whats i believe to be the best options for each member, in regards to my experience using this team.

Starting with the memento users, its pretty obvious why they are so essencial to any boss team, as a big part of setting up against them is all possible due to the fact we incapacitate them, and no better move does that than memento, yes your pokemon dies but the trade off is way worth it.

duggy.PNG.d2ceedc676dd5f724cb77da48587b563.PNG

Duggy is used, as he is one of the few pokemon that provides rocks while learning memento as well, not to mention its really good speed stat allows it to outspeed most boss leads on hard dificulty, which means there is no need to use a focus sash, i cant exactly pinpoint the stat but what i can say is that its fast enough to outspeed neroli's celebi (100 speed) while being slower than pewdie's starmie (115 speed). You only want to use focus sash if you either get outsped or you want rocks, which should only come necessary to pokemon who get avoided of getting ohko'd like with link's sturdy donphan/skarmory and chuck's or koichi's (dont recall which one is it lol) sashed hitmons and other instances like sash zard with oak, tho it has defog on his lead rotom-w so it might not be worth there. Attacking isnt even gonna be a thing with this guy so you might as well slap as many hms you can so you can access some of the bosses. All you basically want is speed, and speed nature, which it shouldnt be hard to get by since diglett are one of the easiest mons to grind. Luckily for me i got the best possible amount where i was only going for 25+.

whimsicott.PNG.de599a941b926c45e741a0f64dfa90f2.PNG

Whimsicott is hands down the best memento user for this, as with prankster it pretty much guarantees it, you only need to give it memento and lvl him up to 100 so it can be used in bosses, no ev train or nature is required.

cottonee.PNG.3a8cbda1b369302d11be38994e3f17b0.PNG

Cottonee is used to for the third memento and drop the pokemon stats one final time, to its lowest, no reason to use cottonee over whimsicott, its just cooler over having 2 whimsicotts, plus who knows if they might implement a species clause for this boss fights.

Baton pass chain

With the bosses offensive stats reduce to its maximum, it comes to these three last slots to overtake and open the doors for one of the pokemon to sweep with all of the stats buffed. With that said there is one move i wanted to abuse in particular, stored power. With its recent addition (move didnt work properly before) this gives an insane buff to stat passing raising its viability against bosses even higher. The idea was to raise as many stats as possible with two of the members and give all the buffs to the pokemon dedicated to sweep, the one who carries stored power. With some thinking and looking at the resources at hand i came up with the core that i believe does this job pretty effectively, all limitations considered.

venomoth.PNG.ee90280ebeed9f9343802d21f0121435.PNG

Venomoth is without a doubt one of the best stat passers in the game, as not only it covers 3 stats buffs with just one move, it also gets reliable recovery making it much more consistent to setup against various pokemon and to cap it all off, its ability shield dust protects it from any secondary effect, so no freezes, no paras, no confusions, no flinches etc. unfortunately mine is tinted lens which is definitely not the ability that you want but i didnt want to grind for a shield dust venomoth so i just go with this one. That isn't say they are hard to get, because they certainly arent, having plenty of routes where its tier 1. QD, roost and bp are obivious for its moves, bug buzz isnt bad if you dont wanna put all the pressure to one pokemon to do the sweeping, tho sleep powder or stun spore might be smarter just so it guarantees a potential turn where the mon doesnt get an oportunity to hax you once you bp out. Evs are a bit up to you, max speed is certainly not the most optimal choice but it does mean you outspeed most pokemon just after one qd up, which might've not been the case if you didnt invest in speed and its always nice to be faster than your opponent and take control ASAP. Tho defense investment is wise, as it is the one stat venomoth doesnt coverwithh boosts, i dont really have an exact value or optimal spread for this so just try to go for what you think its better. Leftovers/black sludge is the best item, tho a super effective berry might be worth considering or a sitrus, tho lefties is just consistent hp so its the best item overall.

vaporeon.PNG.6c824cf3a3c2470e6173c81765b501ae.PNG

Since there is only one usefull stat that venomoth cant buff, this leaves the job for vaporeon who is curiously, the only pokemon that learns the combination of acid armor and baton pass outside the accelgor line, which doesnt leave us with a lot of options and vaporeon is clearly the better one as its much bulkier and has a much better defensing typing on top of that. I usually like to bring this pokemon to start the stat buffs as it gives more bulk to venomoth if necessary. Moveset seems pretty self explanatory and evs just make it that much better at setting the stat it needs, lefties is used for the same reasons as venomoth however since that vaporeon isnt protected by shield dust another to take in consideration is lum berry, as it would suck really bad to potentially lose to a para/freeze/confusion.

clefable.PNG.39f51221c3e885707b36d8f1e81ebd64.PNG

Clef seems to me like the best choice to abuse stored power as it covers whatever doesnt get affected by it pretty well with moonblast and further coverage with fire that hits steels who resist both typings, but as you might realize, with stored power being as strong as it is, its almost unnecessary to use it beside some very specific scenarios like metagross, bronzong, jirachi or shedinja. If you successfully setup all stats to max you've got in your hands a stored power with a grand total 500 base power, which means there is also no chance to get walled by things like unaware as for example neroli's unaware clef gets easily 2hko'd and toothless' quag simply gets ohko'd. Life orb further boosts the power of your attacks should give it a last push to pretty much one shot everything that comes in on you, links heatran for example gets one shotted by stored power. I would say nature wouldnt matter in this case but it actually does, dont be like me and use -speed on your clefs because it actually means your slower than pewdie's scarf jirachi even at +6 which is super annoying as you can probably guess.

Exceptional scenarios:

There are some bosses who like to make my life a bit more dificult with their leads, examples of these are misty and its mirror shot milotic, lorelei with its blizzard ninetales-a, letrix with togekiss, sage's glaceon with blizzard as well and terminator's phazing moltres. To which i have the following answers:

mag.PNG.fad575ac6a50641932b23bc59f1a9855.PNG

Magnezone beats everything but terminator's moltres.

heatran.PNG.5064200fbdc776d8f92d062e936de947.PNG

Heatran is used to beat moltres.

Obviously there are easier ways to deal with these things other than having the need to use pvp ready pokemon, its up to you on how you and what you have to deal with it.

Threats:

While the team has mostly a favourable position compared to other bosses, there are still ways that they can slip through the cracks, things like setupfrom the opponent, phazing or venomoth being at the mercy of a crit or simply getting overwhelmed like in some cases with saphirr's primal groudon. There might be some other flaws some of you may have caught on and if so i would appreciate a lot if you mentioned what those were.

Conclusion:

Thank you for taking the time to read this whole mess, i understand this isnt the most organized post (sorry about that lol) but i hope you enjoyed and could help me out pointing either things i could do to make my team better or things that threaten it in general and if you have learnt something from this threat, im glad i couldve been helpful in any way and wish you the best of luck for the bosses.

• Like 3