Take the best from PokeOne

Riccatt

I know all the story behind PokeOne and how and why it was born. I have been very active on the forum years ago, so I am aware of all the "coding" issues that pushed Shane to leave PRO, etc... So I know that PRO cannot just reproduce the incredible quality achieved by PokeOne (which I do really think is incredible, also on Android).

But why don't you just take inspiration from the best things that PokeOne has given to their players? Let's take an example: I am now a super random player, unfortunately I don't have all the time I would like to have to play anymore. So, for example, a quest list would be just incredible to allow all the players (and even more random players like me) to understand immediately what to do. An autopatcher would be another main thing to achieve (even though I remember that there were major issues coding-wise on the topic).

And especially: why the developing pace has slowed down so much? I am just curious to know.

I love PRO and I have been playing for more than 4 years. I am not really focussed into restarting again my adventure in PokeOne, but I am curious to know how PRO will improve in the coming days.

This is not a real suggestion, but more a general talk on the game and on its future development, and I would like to know the thoughts that other players and the developers have.

Thank you for your time and I wish you a happy New Year!

From 2015: I'm still here

i suggested for a quest list more than a year ago, because i used to play pokemon ot and there was a list like this:

Screenshot_36.png.87708b09feccfdfacadc35c3f8253656.png

Also, i suggested to add Hide seen poke and hide evolved poke in pokedex

So we could see what pokes we don't have it and what pokes we didn't evolve more easily.

it would be interesting to add these things in game.

Edited by GloomyFire
  • Like 2

I know all the story behind PokeOne and how and why it was born.

Majority of the stories circulating around about why, how and why PokeOne was created/why Shane left PRO are false or total lies.

Just getting this straightened out to begin with.

I have been very active on the forum years ago, so I am aware of all the "coding" issues that pushed Shane to leave PRO, etc...

The code was a buggy mess, however Eaty and Cames worked on it like a lot and its much easier to add, change and fix things now. The QoL changes Eaty has achieved in his time as Dev by far surpass Shane's, if I am completely honest and this comes from a players as well as from a staff perspective. Eaty coded as much in a night than Shane in a year for this game when Eaty got access. PRO was never a lost-cause, it just needed some love and it needed a bit of work.

But why don't you just take inspiration from the best things that PokeOne has given to their players?

Eaty, Cames and the Content team already take inspiration from various different sources to achieve the best experience possible however a lot of what PokeOne has to offer are either not suitable for what we are trying to achieve with the game or are simply just bad ideas.

An autopatcher would be another main thing to achieve (even though I remember that there were major issues coding-wise on the topic).

This has been a thing for idk a year? So this is already a thing for quite a bit.

And especially: why the developing pace has slowed down so much? I am just curious to know.

It hasn't, background work is being done. PRO has a two-man Dev team with different kinds of goals and objectives, fixing server stuff was on the top priority the recent months, then the new Dashboard which is pretty far already. They can only work on so many things, many things are background things players not really see. However Content wise it hasn't slowed down, it actually has been in the best place since PROs release, the content team is in the strongest point in PROs lifetime circle.

I am curious to know how PRO will improve in the coming days.

Games don't just improve in a few days, it takes time, time from people who go to school, have jobs, families, kids and do this as a passion project nothing further.

• Like 6
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

Thanks a lot for your clarifications and explanaitions.

Just a couple of clarifications on my side:

Eaty, Cames and the Content team already take inspiration from various different sources to achieve the best experience possible however a lot of what PokeOne has to offer are either not suitable for what we are trying to achieve with the game or are simply just bad ideas.

I 100% agree. There are a lot of mechanics I don't like in PokeOne and to be fair I prefer by far the gameplay PRO has to offer. I am not making a comparison, but just saying that applied to the Pokemon world, there are a few things that are important to take as example (eg. quest list).

Games don't just improve in a few days, it takes time, time from people who go to school, have jobs, families, kids and do this as a passion project nothing further.

Again, just to be fair, I didn't literally mean "days", of course. I mean more generally in the future. What should we expect? I mean, in the announcement subforum you just kinda have a topic on the new regions, but we don't know anything about coming content and (nothing precise but) expected ETA. I just say this because I just feel like there is no more hype around the game.

This is just my opinion, of course, but it looks like the development of the game is a bit dead. I am therefore super happy, as a player, to know from you that an incredible job has been and is being done on the game. But still, the same question arise. What should we expect from the future? I think there is a lack of communication. To be fair, compared to the past I think that the News Board is great add to the forum, in order to know what's new. But I think, a part from the "new region" topic, what are the main things the developers are currently working on? What should we be hyped for? (just as random examples, which I don't even know if are among the things considered to be important: we are doing a revamp of the texture, we are implementing mega evolution, region x is espected to be released at ..., revamp of the in game pokemon storage, etc.).

I think that an "Upcoming content" topic in the Announcement subforum could be interesting to have.

Thanks a lot for all the work you are putting in this incredible game, because it is by far the best Pokemon experience I have had in my life. Cheers.

• Like 2

From 2015: I'm still here

We are very clear with our plans for the game however there are big misconceptions about the duties of each team. The new region has quite a few members of the content side of things while the Devs are not involved in it at all.

Fixing Lending-Trades and Server issues was a big priority while everything else was put on the downlow, current Dev priority as far as I understood is the new Dashboard (which has features I am very excited for), then PvP-update should be very high up on the list, which sadly was delayed and delayed because other issues that took priority.

Mind we have 2 Devs working on things while we have a two dozens Content staff working on quite a few projects.

Stuff takes time but people are always working on it.

• Like 2
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.