Stat Modifier Bug

Sandsurfer

Not sure how to ss evidence but I think stat modifier is messed up SPECIALLY on bosses.

Like I could lower their attack stat more than the limit/ their stat somehow returns to previous stage.

Another example: 1st I lowered the attk stat of enemy>then switched to baton passer>as soon as stat is maxed>

baton passed to sweeper>enemy attk stat returned to normal

tried this method with baton passing on with intimidate sweeper and it lowered enemy attack stat even after completely lowered..

Also maxed ddance haxorus with 17iv(416) attack stat couldn't kill elm's meganium with 1 dragon claw ;scratches head; nor kill togekiss with slash in 1turn..

I know stats should be capped to 999 after max boost but bruh.. even with bosses' dope EV stats they shouldn't be able to take that :/

Just to confirm if it is indeed a bug for reference

Let me know,

Thanks

bm6qwu4.gif

[glow=black]Im not a scammer, Im willing to help >:^)[/glow]9fW5vTq.jpg

Hey there,

After checking some of the calculations of the scenarios that you posted, I did some research and unfortunately couldn't verify the two situations you posted about.

(Do keep in mind that these ev values are actually LOWER than what bosses actually have and therefore your attacks will actually be doing less than what is posted here)

The first being Haxorus vs Meganium:

+6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Meganium: 435-513 (119.5 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now, this stat may suggest that your Haxorus could knock Meganium out in one shot, however Elm's Meganium also knows Reflect. If you are unaware, Reflect raises the defense of the user's team which then changes the calculation to this:

+6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Meganium through Reflect: 217-256 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This reading seems closer to what you have suggested happened. Since you stack Dragon Dance 6 times it seems likely that Reflect could have been used by Elm.

The next scenario you posted is calculated below:

+6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Slash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 289-340 (77.2 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even if Reflect wasn't up, there is no way that Slash will ever deal enough damage to defeat the Togekiss in one attack (unless of course it lands a critical hit).

Like I could lower their attack stat more than the limit/ their stat somehow returns to previous stage.

Another example: 1st I lowered the attk stat of enemy>then switched to baton passer>as soon as stat is maxed>

baton passed to sweeper>enemy attk stat returned to normal

If you could record evidence of this happening then I would be happy to look into it for you. Specifically, if you could record what pokemon you are using, ones that the opponent are using, as well as the moves that they are using during battle.

Hope this has been helpful! If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best,

Gouda

Hey there,

After checking some of the calculations of the scenarios that you posted, I did some research and unfortunately couldn't verify the two situations you posted about.

(Do keep in mind that these ev values are actually LOWER than what bosses actually have and therefore your attacks will actually be doing less than what is posted here)

The first being Haxorus vs Meganium:

+6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Meganium: 435-513 (119.5 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now, this stat may suggest that your Haxorus could knock Meganium out in one shot, however Elm's Meganium also knows Reflect. If you are unaware, Reflect raises the defense of the user's team which then changes the calculation to this:

+6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Meganium through Reflect: 217-256 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This reading seems closer to what you have suggested happened. Since you stack Dragon Dance 6 times it seems likely that Reflect could have been used by Elm.

The next scenario you posted is calculated below:

+6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Slash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 289-340 (77.2 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even if Reflect wasn't up, there is no way that Slash will ever deal enough damage to defeat the Togekiss in one attack (unless of course it lands a critical hit).

If you could record evidence of this happening then I would be happy to look into it for you. Specifically, if you could record what pokemon you are using, ones that the opponent are using, as well as the moves that they are using during battle.

Hope this has been helpful! If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best,

Gouda

hmm thanks for the reply, I set up on corsola and it kept spamming surf so no,, meganium couldn't have set Reflect

before i hit him with Drgnclaw. Then it survived with little hp and used Gigadrain...

Have you tried boosting your own stat after max decreasing the enemy stat?

That seems to be the case like after boosting my own stat enemy will have its stat 1 stage prior its current

I use mawile/gyara combo for lowering enemy attk. When its at lowest I tried baton passing to gyarados again

only to find out I can lower their attk stat again

I'll try to replicate the issue using ss then convert them as gif

Thanks for checking,

bm6qwu4.gif

[glow=black]Im not a scammer, Im willing to help >:^)[/glow]9fW5vTq.jpg