Trainer Rework

Shizeria

Where is the Balance towards Shops? Im at Celadon and I havent been offered anything new while in the early game by then I'd likely have

- Super Potions

- Great and Ultra Balls

- Super Repels

on top of that Why can I not sell things at shops? I've had multiple financial issues trying to play.

In terms of the balancing of the challenge spikes I find it rather laughable

In my review I've noted issues with this game and I the grind is a major issue (its atrocious in early game especially.)

The sudden spike that occurs once you hit rock tunnel is rather sharp and has made my Pokemon now severely underdeveloped (which isn't helped by the way you decided to make Trainers reset every 7 days regardless of if I win or lose, regardless of it's my first time fighting that trainer which puts further strain and unfair mechanics into a game that I'm not too big in and has kind of discouraged me from playing.)

I havent been offered anything new while in the early game by then I'd likely have

If you are trying to compare this game to the handhelds and expecting a similar experience to that, I regret to inform that this game may not be for you. This game at the beginning of his development wasn't a game that "try to hold your hand" throughout your journey, but to expect you to work hard for your dues.

The goal of the Trainer Rework was to fix the provided reasons explained in the OP which I gladly quote once again.

• The level progression curve for Kanto was broken, being very easy in the second half of the story, but suddenly becoming very difficult starting at the Cinnabar Gym.
  • Every trainer gained 3 levels every time you fought against them, capping at 12 levels.
  • The move-sets of their Pokemon were simply the last 4 moves they learn by level up. This often resulted into poor movesets, such as a level 60 Clefable using Spotlight or Double Slap.
  • If you lost against a trainer, the trainer would enter cooldown immediately, and did not need to be re-fought.

If you expected the grind to be removed with no challenge as compared to the handhelds and not in the case as similar to an MMO which this project goals aim for, then I refer to my point that this game isn't for you. I also do want to mention that there will be more reworks down the line also as this is just a small update down the long road of revamping the game in whole. Though do not expect the "grind" part of the game will just disappear.

(Oh and there's also resellers in the game. Probably you may have missed them.)

• Like 2

spacer.png

General Support  PRO Official Discord  Ban & Mute Appeal  Bug Resolution Center  Suggestions  Game Guidance

Please take the time to review the forums before looking for guidance. If you find your answer, make sure to share your knowledge to other users to help the community.

Unsolicited messages will be fed to my dragons.

If you are trying to compare this game to the handhelds and expecting a similar experience to that, I regret to inform that this game may not be for you. This game at the beginning of his development wasn't a game that "try to hold your hand" throughout your journey, but to expect you to work hard for your dues.

The goal of the Trainer Rework was to fix the provided reasons explained in the OP which I gladly quote once again.

If you expected the grind to be removed with no challenge as compared to the handhelds and not in the case as similar to an MMO which this project goals aim for, then I refer to my point that this game isn't for you. I also do want to mention that there will be more reworks down the line also as this is just a small update down the long road of revamping the game in whole. Though do not expect the "grind" part of the game will just disappear.

(Oh and there's also resellers in the game. Probably you may have missed them.)

I didn't find your post to be useful or helpful towards answering the relevant question regarding this rework. I dont always agree with everything YTD says but I checked their review and they make some good points about the newbie experience. Shops is one important aspect that should be considered for selling some updated items to help with the increased difficulty/challenge presented by this rework. The items are more expensive so the player can be the one to choose between the cheaper lower-quality items or the better more-expensive items.

I was hoping the (new) PRO staff would be more mindful of casuals/newbies considering there's a mobile (Android) client available (aka the most casual games platform ever). PRO being an MMO doesn't mean the exclusion of players by virtue of not being 'hardcore' enough to meet a specific criteria. Steps have already been made (such as wild pokemon dropping money) to help things along. I would rather see more new players play the game AND stick around than just quit out of frustration due to lacking the tools to overcome the challenge (something besides 'just grind more levels').

My Discord Gaming Community Server -- discord.gg/MPGWjgb

Started: 2018 Jan 24 -- IGN: Daedalus007 -- Server: Silver -- Badges: Boulder

Viridian Maze Map Improved: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/83400-viridian-maze-map-improved/

I do not believe money should be a problem for first time players. As explained before, the increase in levels also means an increase in money rewards. Furthermore, if you find yourself in need of more items, there are already optional activities that can help you overcome that problem, such as Officer Jenny quests and Dig spots.

If, despite these, you still find money to be a problem when starting out, we invite you to create a new thread in the Suggestion section of the forum. This thread is not the appropriate place to discuss economy.

I would also remove Exp gain from second+ battle because people use this exploite to train poke (like 5th+ gym in every reason) instead of GRIND in cerulean cave as a MMO request.

We consider training Pokemon on trainers to be a valid alternative way to train Pokemon. Personally, that is always how I've done it. While it's certainly more fun and rewards more money, it is actually slower than Cerulean Cave given the travel times and unstable encounters, and you can only do it once per 7 days.

That said, we did take into consideration the possibility of fighting only the first Pokemon of a team and then giving up to refight a trainer. This is the reason why rechallenges after having lost a battle no longer gives experience.

• 6 months later...

Johto trainers have now been reworked according to the points above from the Kanto Rework. In additions, the following extra changes have been made:

• All Johto trainers now have a title and a name, making it easier to tell who will fight and who won't.
  • A few new trainers were added throughout the region. None of them are mandatory to fight.
  • Ecruteak City's Dance Theater is now home to many new trainers, meant to be fought before challenging the Ghost gym leader, Morty.

• Like 3

I read the previous replies in this thread about the amount of money gained from trainers, I assume that hasn't been touched?

The money gain formula has indeed not been touched. As the average level increased and the total amount of Pokemon, including from new trainers, also increased, the amount of money you can receive from a full run of the Johto trainers should also have increased.