Revert repel trick

Bash

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt like the original games. You have already made a game with a much more difficult rpg formula than the originals. At least in the originals you could repel trick a trash pokemon and then breed it to be better but we do not have that option or that luxury. Even with 1000s of repels we cant get a good pokemon now you want to add the hassle of removing the fainted pokemon system to make it more like the "original games". Thats utterly horrendous and will make people not hunt for mons that were previously huntable with repel tricks. If it aint broke dont fix it. We already have enough whiners complaining about the tier system

Sin_titulo-4.png

This change was uncalled for. Nobody asked for it and it wasn't a game breaking mechanic which needed patching/nerfing. So it's fair to question why was there time and development resources invested in a QoL downgrade.

The main purpose of repel tricking is to money sink. The money is sinked because some players see worth in skipping unwanted spawns in exchange for money. So any change to the method should be carefully thought out and discussed and not justify it with "harmonizing PRO's mechanics to those of the official games" when PRO doesn't have official game mechanics since forever (namely breeding). It's not a valid point, therefore I'm not convinced this was the correct call.

I've seen the "dead sync in slot 1 and trace in slot 2 was always the best option to hunt because it saves time from switching" argument, and I ask, who are you to decide what's best for me or anybody else ? Best or better will always be subjective if there's more than 1 path to take. That option was always there. If there are people complaining, it obviously wasn't the best option for them. And I can't blame them, it's being enforced an unnecessary mass sync storage with different levels and natures.

I support the revert because there's literally nothing to lose from it.

• Like 5