Why is the game so dead?

Riccatt

Hi guys, this is a post to start a discussion and it is not to have any sort of controversy. I only write to see your opinion in relation to the current situation of this game, that I think is the best online Pokemon MMO.

I started playing in 2015 and I have to say that at the beginning the insertion of new content took place in an incredible way. In the summer of 2017 we already had 4 regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh), surpassing any other fanmade Pokemon game online.

From that moment, two years of silence. Since 2017, there has been no big PvE content update and this is the reason that led me gradually to leave the game (lots of players are not interested in competitive fights and enjoy only PvE, as I personally do). But this game is like a magnet for me, and therefore I get back from time to time because I really love it.

The latest update we had on this forum was the "New Region and beyond" thread, dating back to over a year ago, in which some future concepts had been presented. Then silence, again. During the last years, the updates have mainly focused on purely technical aspects, which are absolutely important, but in the meantime I feel the game has completely lost its momentum. And, judging from the forum, this translated into a reduction in the playerbase.

If you want to keep interest in a game high, you should try to create hype about new gameplay content that is being developed. And I'm really sad to see that for years this has not happened with PRO (world quests and temporary events, in my opinion, are not to be considered as great gameplay additions that create hype among the players and that bring back the inactive ones to play).

So, this thread is only here to create a polite discussion, without controversy, about what we can expect in relation to the future of the game. Game to which I have devoted a lot of time and which I sincerely love, but which in recent years has given me the idea of constantly losing its momentum. What is your opinion?

Greetings and thanks again to the developers for the fantastic game they have given us over the years.

Riccatt.

Edited by riccatt
  • Like 4

From 2015: I'm still here

"During the last years, the updates have mainly focused on purely technical aspects "

Even in this aspect i dont understand how it is so slow. We still have many many attacks/abilities thaht doesnt work ( some really important in PVP like Voltswitch/U-Turn) and only a few are corrected each month.

Apparently there is a PvP update coming but its been so long.

We dont have ETA, maybe there is an auction coming but again, we dont know when and i think we are gonna wait a long time.

Its been months without world quests.

We are in an unclear situation and staff doesnt really respond to us.

• Like 2

"During the last years, the updates have mainly focused on purely technical aspects "

Even in this aspect i dont understand how it is so slow. We still have many many attacks/abilities thaht doesnt work ( some really important in PVP like Voltswitch/U-Turn) and only a few are corrected each month.

Apparently there is a PvP update coming but its been so long.

We dont have ETA, maybe there is an auction coming but again, we dont know when and i think we are gonna wait a long time.

Its been months without world quests.

We are in an unclear situation and staff doesnt really respond to us.

I agree, but I am also aware that we are not within the deeloping team, therefore there are for certain things we don't know. Nonetheless, I completely agree with you that everything is too slow, if not completely absent (eg. new big PvE addition, or als othe very simple addition on the world map of the custom areas PRO created!).

I made this post to have a conversation with the users of the forum (the latter appears to be quite dead as well) and hopefully to get some info from the staff.

Honestly this all is very sad.

I agree, but I am also aware that we are not within the deeloping team, therefore there are for certain things we don't know. Nonetheless, I completely agree with you that everything is too slow, if not completely absent (eg. new big PvE addition, or als othe very simple addition on the world map of the custom areas PRO created!).

I made this post to have a conversation with the users of the forum (the latter appears to be quite dead as well) and hopefully to get some info from the staff.

Honestly this all is very sad.

lets wait for a response from staff but i wont be too hopeful they dont seem to respond to us

• Like 1

I'm inclined to agree that if there's one knock on staff it's the minimal communication to the player base. We're told about this gigantic pvp update a lifetime ago and since then not one peep about it. The players will understand if they told us even something as vague as "sorry guys we've run into unexpected problems" or "we've had to delay development" rather than feeling like they've been ghosted.

Since I can not bring myself to critique without offering a possible solution I would reccomend creating a "player relations/communications" position and employing a volunteer or two. Zero expense and tremendous benefit which the player base I'm sure would greatly appreciate.

• Like 2

I'm inclined to agree that if there's one knock on staff it's the minimal communication to the player base. We're told about this gigantic pvp update a lifetime ago and since then not one peep about it. The players will understand if they told us even something as vague as "sorry guys we've run into unexpected problems" or "we've had to delay development" rather than feeling like they've been ghosted.

Since I can not bring myself to critique without offering a possible solution I would reccomend creating a "player relations/communications" position and employing a volunteer or two. Zero expense and tremendous benefit which the player base I'm sure would greatly appreciate.

I completely agree with you. Honest communication is better than no communication at all. Especially for those player who really care about this game.

Hello, I agree with you. Further communication, sneak peeks at content and Q&A’s would do wonders for the community. I remember once before I was a staff member they held streams featuring sneak peeks at future content which seemed to get people excited it was a great idea. Although silence does not mean that it’s not happening, and trust me if they announced them, then they are going to happen.

In the early stages of the game the maps were rushed, coding was flawed and less pokemon were used, since then the devs have been working on recoding the language and that takes time :)

• Like 4

.[/hr]

.[/hr]
  • Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

The new region is done mapping pretty much. It is also heavily scripted and is soon to be finished. The plan is to introduce lots of new spawns and content. Currently, it's mostly up to scripters. We don't want to present people with a half baked cookie. Also, keep in mind that this may not be the final region we are working on. There are at least 2 major areas/regions being worked on. People had to focus on different things during this time.

• Like 10

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

The new region is done mapping pretty much. It is also heavily scripted and is soon to be finished. The plan is to introduce lots of new spawns and content. Currently, it's mostly up to scripters. We don't want to present people with a half baked cookie. Also, keep in mind that this may not be the final region we are working on. There are at least 2 major areas/regions being worked on. People had to focus on different things during this time.

HYPE

Not to press our luck, I think I can safely speak for everybody when I say we are very appreciative for this nugget of info and look forward to what's in store but will the pvp update be accompanying that or has that been put on the backburner for the time being?

Id fully understand if this was simply given higher priority at the moment, probably a much more flashy feature that may attract new and inactive former players which is definitely important. After all we all want this game to thrive.

Thank you for all you do!