Why is the game so dead?

Riccatt

Here are my opinions as I have been playing since 2016. For a private game server that is free and also keeping item mall very reasonably cheap is amazing how far they have come with the minimal financial resources they get. The content, look, you can buy the new pokemon games that come out every year for $50 that only has a years worth of content but Ive been playing PRO for 4+ years and still love it. Theres others things you can do while you wait for new content but I mean im older and have been playing games for years so patience is something that comes easy to me. I love PRO and havnt played another pokemon related game thats got me hooked like this (I even played TEMTEM on steam, I still prefer PRO).

However I do agree that staff could do a bit better with marketing and hyping players up. I love the outbreaks and events they have here as well as the many small event islands that is accessible to players. Main concern I have is you guys ban and mute for very long amount of time for the most minuscule reasons. All my friends quit this game because you guys ban unreasonably and for way too long so obviously ppl will just quit lol. I know you guys want to keep toxicity/trolls outta the game but thats human nature and the victims are obviously weak individuals who go out of the way to report for the weakest reasons lol. If its hate speech hell yea ban em for weeks. If its scammers yea perm ban those guys. but you guys ban ppl for changing their minds in trades, we should be free to spend/save money when we want, ive had soooooooooo many ppl change their minds or sell mons to other ppl after i travel 20 mins to trade them, but i never report them cause I believe its their money/mon/items and they can do what they want with it freely. Best resolution for this is an auction house as many has stated above, and would truly alleviate the issue of ppl backing away from agreed trades. I literally lost 10+ friends who played this game with me cause yall banned them for this dumb reason lol, and during the ban duration they moved on to other pokemon games and never came back cause its THAT dumb of a reason to be banned for.

Overall I love this game, but like most private server games they die, its due to staff negligence/laziness/unreasonable policies (bans). So as an investor (ive donated hundreds of dollars to the server) you guys should prioritize getting a auction house implemented to the game as well as new regions, and most importantly hiring staff that are enthusiastic and responsible who are happy to hype up the game on the social media networks (forums, discord, facebook, etc) as well as taking time to look into the disciplinary matters on banning players, dont jsut ban every effing player that gets reported, look into the dam matter cause when you ban someone for couple days they will likely never come back.

• Like 1

eevo.gif.88d014eddc516ba802b8acd79ad33113.gif

The new region is done mapping pretty much. It is also heavily scripted and is soon to be finished. The plan is to introduce lots of new spawns and content. Currently, it's mostly up to scripters. We don't want to present people with a half baked cookie. Also, keep in mind that this may not be the final region we are working on. There are at least 2 major areas/regions being worked on. People had to focus on different things during this time.

Thanks for your reply. I don't want to look rude or unpolite, but this is basically the same info we got at least one year ago. I was hyped. I am hyped, but right now I am like.. not able to believe it anymore.

I still emphasize that obviously we cannot know what is going on behind the scenes, and that's right. We also don't demand the Moon from a fanmade game, but I think it is necessary to spend a little more time at least to give the illusion that this game is still alive.

There is never a communication, there is never hype, and the game slowly dies, with the playerbase emptying out. I say and repeat that I opened this topic only and exclusively because I love this game and I sincerely hope that it will soon return to the glories of its recent past. But for this to happen, especially given the fierce competition, you have to commit yourself to improving the outreach of the game, especially with your own playerbase.

With this I am not saying that you need to tell us anything more right now, but there is the need for a more transparent, open and frequent communication with the playerbase. And I would like to know your opinion on this last point.

Thanks again for your hard work.

From 2015: I'm still here

The new region is done mapping pretty much. It is also heavily scripted and is soon to be finished. The plan is to introduce lots of new spawns and content. Currently, it's mostly up to scripters. We don't want to present people with a half baked cookie. Also, keep in mind that this may not be the final region we are working on. There are at least 2 major areas/regions being worked on. People had to focus on different things during this time.

Thanks for your reply. I don't want to look rude or unpolite, but this is basically the same info we got at least one year ago. I was hyped. I am hyped, but right now I am like.. not able to believe it anymore.

I still emphasize that obviously we cannot know what is going on behind the scenes, and that's right. We also don't demand the Moon from a fanmade game, but I think it is necessary to spend a little more time at least to give the illusion that this game is still alive.

There is never a communication, there is never hype, and the game slowly dies, with the playerbase emptying out. I say and repeat that I opened this topic only and exclusively because I love this game and I sincerely hope that it will soon return to the glories of its recent past. But for this to happen, especially given the fierce competition, you have to commit yourself to improving the outreach of the game, especially with your own playerbase.

With this I am not saying that you need to tell us anything more right now, but there is the need for a more transparent, open and frequent communication with the playerbase. And I would like to know your opinion on this last point.

Thanks again for your hard work.

up

From 2015: I'm still here

Totally agree we keep hearing the same thing over and over again, but nothing really changes and to make it worse the devs are forcing things to us without taking our opinion at all (the dpad for android it was a waste of time to even think of adding it ,the time wasted codding it etc.. would have been welcome elsewhere imo, it really makes the game so bad to play in phone especially for me who almost plays on phone all the time, same for the game zoom that is so bad right now i wish it was more unzoomed than it is right now even if it's just a little more) but sadly i see that it's like a dictator... all the complaints that people said in forums and complaints sent were in vain, the client update arrived and nothing done or not even a sentence in that regard (dpad and zoom) in the changelog from the devs, i'am really disapointed to be honest i really like this game i'am 21years old and it remembers me of the old pokemon games ,otherwise i won't be here but after this corona ob is dealt with i sadly don't think i will keep playing like i used to...

I'am not a fan of pvp either i do only pve and it's kinda boring now nothing really interesting happening beside bosses and the dailies

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of dead, Sinnoh as a region is kinda......dead, at the moment.

I think, the main cause, is Sinnoh needing players to beat 3 different regions first to access it. As a result, only a handful of the playerbase have access to it, and most of them nowadays only go to the region for digging or bossing, as they tend to already have all the catchable Sinnoh Dex Pokemon.

Perhaps, Sinnoh can be changed so that players can start with it as their first region before moving to Kanto? Or after Kanto and Johto, players can choose to do the Sinnoh access quest first and finish Sinnoh, before getting into Hoenn. Obviously, the region's story has to account for this as well, it has to be an isolated story. This probably should be applied to Astrella and future regions as well. Eventually, not much new players will bother if they heard it takes beating 5 different regions first to be able to visit the newest one. Which leads to the empty feeling of the new region once most players that actually can access it, already finished it, as there's no steady stream of players going into the region anymore.

• Like 1