Limit to 1 legend per team in pvp

Coono

I'm very excited for these new legendaries being added, and I look forward to more in the future (for the love of god lugia and ho-oh plz! lol) and I think at this point it would be a good idea to implement something that's been talked about plenty and limit ranked pvp teams to 1 legendary.

I think the time is right for it because I dont wanna see something like Lando get introduced just to get banned, so I think this is way to keep it balanced. Lando is a plug and play on pretty much any team ever, so I think this is pretty much the only way we can potentially avoid him inevitably being on every. single. team. in pvp, in gen 7 ou on showdown youl will see him in 90+% of the games you play and keep in mind that is a meta where he must compete against Z-moves and megas. In this.. he will be a no-brainer play every time.

And it's great we get to have nice things, but I think putting a limit on it will lead to some actual decision making and keep the meta healthy.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't put limitations on legendaries, I would limit certain pokemon or ban certain pokemon instead. Stacking the Regis in your team wouldn't give you much of an advantage since they have absurdly abusable weaknesses (fighting types, Regirock's spdef, Regice's def, Registeel is somwehat decent, but they're extremely slow and borderline unusable. You get the point.). My point is: Legendary pokemon are not the problem, each pokemon is individually a case to study. I would wait until we see what does Landorus bring into the ladder and current meta and then decide by voting among the community. He might either be too overcentralising, or he might be manageable.

*grabs popcorn*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

I wouldn't put limitations on legendaries, I would limit certain pokemon or ban certain pokemon instead. Stacking the Regis in your team wouldn't give you much of an advantage since they have absurdly abusable weaknesses (fighting types, Regirock's spdef, Regice's def, Registeel is somwehat decent, but they're extremely slow and borderline unusable. You get the point.). My point is: Legendary pokemon are not the problem, each pokemon is individually a case to study. I would wait until we see what does Landorus bring into the ladder and current meta and then decide by voting among the community. He might either be too overcentralising, or he might be manageable.

*grabs popcorn*

Let's be real though.. nobody is gonna do that so that argument doesnt have much bearing on reality. What its gonna be is stacking Lando, Latios, Heatran, etc. which may be a little overpowered, and I dont like seeing pokes get banned. I'd rather see us allow all these mons (including things like Darkrai) and simply enact limitations to maintain balance and mandate some degree of creativity.

Legendaries are not necessarily stronger than other non legends, in fact they are often even worse (who knows you Regice). Also don’t expect a Latios to speed tie a Gengar, it’s pretty unlikely to have good ivs on legendaries, simply because rerolling is so expensive.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

unknown12.png

No amount of money ever bought a second of time

Legendaries are open to everyone to get, so in that sense everyone can use them, and do good with them. Even saying that, some of the top people on the pvp ladder don't even use legends in their teams, so the impact wouldn't be that big

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif