PVP Feedback - Landorus

Mercurius

To start this thread, let me quote the following from another PVP Feedback thread.

IMPORTANT - READ IT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE

Any kind of taunt, disrespect, insult, attack, and in general deplorable/inappropriate behavior is strictly forbidden.

This is a topic aimed at creating a productive discussion since all of us, staff and players, want the best of the game. I do want people to be able to maintain a civil attitude while discussing. Due to this announcement, where I am clearly telling you what to avoid, any violation of the above said things will just lead to punishments.

Needless to say, even if I am sure that people can easily get to this conclusion by themselves, the following stuff does not reflect the thought of a single person but it's simply the reason that has lead to the current situation.

Another really important thing to mention is that the opinion of everyone is important and has the same value, it goes for community and staff. Being part of the staff does not give our opinion a higher value and does not make it stronger/better than the one of any other player in any way, so do not hesitate to share your opinion for any reason. We value and respect the opinion of every member of our community, regardless of the feedback is negative or positive, as long as the intention while giving that opinion/feedback is the one to improve the game making it better for everyone and not the one to just trash-talk the game. We are not perfect, we can make errors as we did in the past and might do in the future, but at the end of the day a game is nothing without its community and we really can improve/learn by our mistakes/do better with your help/feedback.

Now with this out of the way, the discussion will commence.

-[/hr]

With the addition of the Forces of Nature trio legendaries added in the most recent update, there were questions popping up regarding our PVP Rules. Specifically, the restrictions that would be placed on Landorus regarding its Hidden Ability Sheer Force.

For the betterment of the community and curiosity, we allowed the hidden ability to be used for the current PVP Season to just see the effects during the current season and collect data. Though, its brings up the question of will this ability be allowed moving forward. Due to this question, that is why I have made this thread for some feedback regarding the point.

Should Landorus with the hidden ability Sheer Force be allowed in Ranked Play?

While this question hangs, I do want to make some points.

• The feedback provided will be used to make a clear point regarding the decision the Moderation Team will make at the end of the season. I ask that you think carefully with your responses and any disregard from the quote provided above will lead to the same action reciprocated back.
  • The decision made will draw a line regarding the classification of "UBERs" being allowed in Ranked Play. The allowance of one brings the questions of many and I do want this main issue to be addressed.
  • Do you find these "so called suspect test" acceptable by us? Do you want it to be changed? Is there a certain way should it be done?

With that, I bid you kind regards and am hoping to see our community feedback.

Mercurius

Edited by Mercurius

spacer.png

General Support  PRO Official Discord  Ban & Mute Appeal  Bug Resolution Center  Suggestions  Game Guidance

Please take the time to review the forums before looking for guidance. If you find your answer, make sure to share your knowledge to other users to help the community.

Unsolicited messages will be fed to my dragons.

• 2 weeks later...

• Do you find these "so called suspect test" acceptable by us? Do you want it to be changed? Is there a certain way should it be done?

With all due respect, the current policy with regard to PvP has no basis in suspect tests and bears almost no relation to the concept. Suspect tests are conducted to gather information on the Pokemon, move, item, or ability in question. Banning Baton Pass before any consideration is not a suspect test. Asking if a Pokemon that has been available for two weeks but is difficult to access (reroll tickets + ability capsule) should be banned is not a suspect test. There has never been a suspect test on PRO, because half the voters in any given test have never played with nor against the thing being tested. There needs to be a real mechanism for suspect testing, preferably one which artificially inflates the usage of the topic in question - as the things the community at large consider broken are inaccessible to many.

If staff prefer to continue to manage the metagame by decree, that is perfectly fine, but neither this nor other recent actions have resembled a suspect test at all.

• Like 17

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

wait what??? why do we even considering to unban that. It's 100% BAN for h.a landorus. this pokemon never have been unbanned or suspect test on showdown OU ladder because if there are 100 pvp players on high ladder, 99 of them will say this poke is broken as hell. even dugtrio or blaziken h.a is more balance than this poke. Super fast nidoking with calm mind and bulk up boosting, and an ability to break any walls with super good typing, hell NO.

• Like 5
bb07943896b4bae2a54325ba8c0ccf74a46d8d6dr1-500-281_hq.gif

wait what??? why do we even considering to unban that. It's 100% BAN for h.a landorus. this pokemon never have been unbanned or suspect test on showdown OU ladder because if there are 100 pvp players on high ladder, 99 of them will say this poke is broken as hell. even dugtrio or blaziken h.a is more balance than this poke. Super fast nidoking with calm mind and bulk up boosting, and an ability to break any walls with super good typing, hell NO.

god