Staff rewards in PvP Ranked

Togepoke

Do you agree with my suggestion?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with my suggestion?

• Yes
    • No

@stavd Please, i beg you, its Staff not Stuff.

some legends are overpowered indeed but still with rerolls and ability capsules here still changeable to get good ones too, if someone gets lucky on a godly legendary that wont get banned either so why should they ban something they work hard for

This exactly. If a player gets a godly Pokemon it's not banned. It has nothing to do with the godly Pokemon, as a good player would be able to counter a godly Pokemon. For example let's take a latios (30+) that a staff got rewarded with, you can easily counter that with numerous Pokemon, and has nothing to do with the fact that its 30+, as it is very possible to get a latios that has godly stats through luck/rerolls/etc... What people don't see is all the work staff members put towards this game in their free time, time that regular players could spend grinding for rerolls and such to get that godly Pokemon or increasing their PvP skills. In the end I think it boils down to part jealousy and part misunderstanding. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone or start an argument. Peace.

• Like 1

General Support | PRO Discord | Game Guides | Bug Resolution Center | Rules

Do not contact Staff members for private support. Use the appropriate forums as it may be helpful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be Trashed

The Staffreward Pokemon are something we have discussed internally and openly more than just once and we always came to the conclusion that they should not be banned from ranked PVP.

We do restrict them however, Staffsmembers are only allowed to have two Reward pokemon per team and they are also restricted in terms of obtainability.

All Former Staffs and current Staffs who have a Staffreward Pokemon earned them by doing over 6 months of Staffwork to improve the game, this should be enough to warrant that they should be able to use these Pokemon.

This is something I wrote in September 2018 and it is still true to its core.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

This exactly. If a player gets a godly Pokemon it's not banned. It has nothing to do with the godly Pokemon, as a good player would be able to counter a godly Pokemon. For example let's take a latios (30+) that a staff got rewarded with, you can easily counter that with numerous Pokemon, and has nothing to do with the fact that its 30+, as it is very possible to get a latios that has godly stats through luck/rerolls/etc... What people don't see is all the work staff members put towards this game in their free time, time that regular players could spend grinding for rerolls and such to get that godly Pokemon or increasing their PvP skills. In the end I think it boils down to part jealousy and part misunderstanding. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone or start an argument. Peace.

This. Just because it is godly does not mean it should be banned in pvp.

• Like 2

NABFINAL.gif.c9515b1a0e3cab7447d68b179fdfed87.gif

I just don't think its fair that tour mons arent the same as staff mons you know how hard it is to win a tour? Yet what you get from that is so limited and staff can get absurd pokemon with 31 31 30 30 30 30 while tour mons are 31 30 27 26 25 23 i think thats a good example of where the bias is, if your going to give away generated mons in any capacity they need to be equal chance to obtain things for players who get it other ways, i really have no problem with staff getting mons but they should be tour stats. I think this is a fair middle ground to stand on, players could more realistically obtain the staff generated mon and it would serve both sides as they get to keep their mons but they will be slightly less unfair and more balanced.

• Like 1

Staff applications are open for everyone, so meet the requirements and apply for staff, long enough on the team and you can get your own staff poke. Additionally the pokemon that aren't available to attain normally in the game are indeed banned from pvp, which means the only ones that can be used by staff, are the ones that can be caught by players. I don't know the exact number of days/months/years that a staff needs to be on the team in order to get a staff poke, yet in that amount of time anyone can get something close to it, I know of some people that have an epic landorus hp ice, or a 31 speed lati, and either way, they're all easily counterable

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

I just don't think its fair that tour mons arent the same as staff mons you know how hard it is to win a tour? Yet what you get from that is so limited and staff can get absurd pokemon with 31 31 30 30 30 30 while tour mons are 31 30 27 26 25 23 i think thats a good example of where the bias is, if your going to give away generated mons in any capacity they need to be equal chance to obtain things for players who get it other ways, i really have no problem with staff getting mons but they should be tour stats. I think this is a fair middle ground to stand on, players could more realistically obtain the staff generated mon and it would serve both sides as they get to keep their mons but they will be slightly less unfair and more balanced.

The whole reason staff pokes are generated with such high stats is because of how much work they put into the game for free, and I want to stress for free. Many staff are in university and still dedicated time to improve the game, while also focusing on they're grades and actual work/social life, so it is only fair that they get the best of the best. And like some have said already the Pokemon stats don't make it impossible to beat. I know what you mean, and yes it is very hard to win that tournament, but the circumstances are very different when comparing the two.

• Like 3

General Support | PRO Discord | Game Guides | Bug Resolution Center | Rules

Do not contact Staff members for private support. Use the appropriate forums as it may be helpful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be Trashed