Staff rewards in PvP Ranked

Togepoke

Do you agree with my suggestion?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with my suggestion?

• Yes
    • No

well its not just the stats you cant even select a shiny pokemon higher than t5 after being the single best player on a server and tour mons are supposed to be the best pokes one can have to represent that you are the single best player in that given season we are talking if their has been 32 ladder tours that means there are 32 mons and you have to compete with the other server too... the idea that you can devote your entire life to the game and fall short never winning a tour for a prize that is sup par and that somehow isn't as valuable to the game as the people who make it holds absolutely no water the relationship is symbiotic players want an awesome game and the game needs awesome players. The isnt that staff mons are wrong in a nutshell but just look around the major of the players feel this is wrong to some degree. I understand that players like belz and others who have staff generated pokes would like to continue to play with their rightfully earned pokes but its about time that we address that tour has rules to which pokemonn you can obtain "to be fair to others" yet staff pokes dont follow the same idea or structure at all the reins are just limitless and a double standard.

I'd like to see the hard work staff do compared to the time and money players spend to get a Pvpable Legendary, let alone a shiny pvpable one. To me this just seems like favouritism. Call it jealousy all you want, but to me it's a slap in the face to the players that also put alot of time and effort to obtain, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how tedious this game can be.

• Like 5

The staff generated pokemon are given to staff members because they devote their free time and energy to work on and improve the game. They dont get paid, they do all the work voluntarily and they get a shiny pokemon with good stats in return. Most staff generated pokemon cant be used in pvp if they are overpowered legends or in the case they can be used, pokemon with similar stats can be obtained in the wild as well. Also keep in mind most staff members don't pvp anyways. So at the end of the day if you believe that a pokemon with special stats, in exchange for months of hard work and lots of time, is broken and shouldn't be given, then this game is not suited for you.

• Like 1

IckyInfantileHogget-size_restricted.gif

Announcements § Bug Reports § Mapper Recruitment § Mapping Bugs § Suggestions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use the proper forums when posting. Unsolicited messages will be exterminated by a Dalek.

it's ridiculous that there even are admin generated items (pokemons in this case) in an MMO game xD

I know right? I've been playing Runescape since 2009, I've met many mods, I sware I've seen mod Ash mention that not even staff get things that even members can't obtain that are OP in PvP, outside of more privileges they are just about treated as players just like the rest, and in the mods case and other small time contributors don't get paid, they just do it because they want to.

I don't care that staff get exclusive cosmetics, mounts or whatnot...but something that actually boosts their win-percentage in pvp seems game breaking to me.

• Like 2

@Aspheric i think your missing a few pieces of the discussion or something because your statement just marginalizes the 54% of players who voted this was a bad thing as "people this game is not suited for". I along with many other don't think staff getting the mons is bad just in certain situations playing with them in pvp can be game breaking/unfair. Also the point of how many staff members are playing pvp is irrelevant as this is a discussion about the few staffers/players with generated mons who do and the rest are irrelevant in the discussion. The fact is that something is reducing the quality of the game experience for players even if its a minority of them. They are seeking refuge from said experience and the situation should definitely garner more respect than turning it into a he said she said but such is the way it feels with the world not just staff buts it just seems like another classic example of my way or the highway rather than listen and meet in the middle its always right or wrong to some extreme when a solution of nerfing the staff pokes to stats in line with tour pokes is all that is required to meet in the middle so everyone can play fairly and keep their hard earned mons. Just seems to me as always their must be a charade or some sort of divide between player and staff as if every single suggest or complaint made here was extremely invalidated by the idea "they worked for those mons". Maybe you should realize that doesnt mean anything how many hours you spent working on this game shouldn't give you a unfair advantage and to say that because it happens infrequently or that the amount of players who are staff that pvp are small just shows just how little you care about the problem to begin with because if you saw this as a negative thing even it happening just one time would be bad. To be honest I believe that this is the true root of the problem is that one side must always be right. The very idea players should turn an eye to something they don't like just because it benefits staff is not reasonable and you should re evaluate your thought process there as close to nothing you said had any reasonable bearings in this discussion at all. We all want to play in a fair and balanced game and the ideas should be about how do we get there for everyone not just staff.

• Like 1

This simply won't go through because the vote of a staff member (or a former one) is as heavy as of at least 20 regular players. Staff need to get rewarded for the things they do, but in my opinion, there are way more fair and balanced ways to do it, than to give them perfect pvp viable legendaries/top tier mons with the hidden power they choose (such as CCs, rerolls, exclusive mounts/cosmetics, even uber legends would be fine as they can't be used in ranked pvp). Although this kind of rewarding of the staff members has always been done, it just started to escalate now because there are more and more of them that can hit the ladder at the end of season or that actually even do it on a regular basis (i can think of at leat 5-6 immediately and i don't even know many staff/former staff members). Giving them the edge over other players in something that is meant to be in the spirit of fair play (such as pvp), should never be considered widely acceptable

Edited by HeroOfTheStreet
  • Like 8

I'd like to see the hard work staff do compared to the time and money players spend to get a Pvpable Legendary, let alone a shiny pvpable one. To me this just seems like favouritism. Call it jealousy all you want, but to me it's a slap in the face to the players that also put alot of time and effort to obtain, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how tedious this game can be.

The staff team made everything so that the players can "spend time and money" there isnt an argument on which side spends more effort.

NABFINAL.gif.c9515b1a0e3cab7447d68b179fdfed87.gif

If a normal player would get a godly legendary with all correct stuff noone would bat an eye, but when someone with authority in the game gets something for the immense amount of work they put into making the game a much more comfortable place to be at they get raged at. Without moderation staff there would be toxic people all around, without gms the economy would be ruined by bots, without artists there would be no event forms or cosmetics, without mappers there would be no new areas, without scripters there would be no new content and without the developers there will never be new mechanics. Everything in the game was made by someone for free, just for you to play. We do not know the exact amount of workload that being staff requires, but if you yourself could take the mantle to make a game like PRO then go ahead and complain. Otherwise you have no right in my eyes to complain.

• Like 4

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

If a normal player would get a godly legendary with all correct stuff noone would bat an eye, but when someone with authority in the game gets something for the immense amount of work they put into making the game a much more comfortable place to be at they get raged at. Without moderation staff there would be toxic people all around, without gms the economy would be ruined by bots, without artists there would be no event forms or cosmetics, without mappers there would be no new areas, without scripters there would be no new content and without the developers there will never be new mechanics. Everything in the game was made by someone for free, just for you to play. We do not know the exact amount of workload that being staff requires, but if you yourself could take the mantle to make a game like PRO then go ahead and complain. Otherwise you have no right in my eyes to complain.

so reward them with something else but not perfect shiny pokemons which are impossible to get for normal players or just ban those mons in pvp.

• Like 2