GUILD ISLAND - I finally did it

Iriztha

So many nice ideas and suggestions in this thread. Too bad none of them will ever see the light. (Negative? Nope, just being realistic)

PRO messed up and the community has never been more toxic and split. (Can't see it? Well, you just need to look in the right channels)

While major game changes are about to finish up, I believe PRO will never ever be able to fix up the issue themselves created with Guild Island.

Many threads and posts has arisen talking about this major issue in more ways than one. And have we seen any major changes? Nope.

While as many say in their posts that PRO consists of or is built up by "volunteers"...

Sure, call them whatever you like. But, if they make money or not, it's not what really matters here.

If professionalism isn't present, if rules are not upheld, if staff who have been banned/kicked several times can still get back, without consequences...

How can you look at those people and expect them to solve anything at all? When they can't even sort out their own internal favoritism issues first and foremost?

I've witnessed the biggest favoritism in any gaming community happen right here on PRO...

And I've been part of MANY forums, gaming discords and a lot of gaming communities... But this is a first.

Now, I've heard and got a lot of criticism back from players in this game for stating a very obvious fact.

If people want to continue to be ignorant of the present internal issue with PRO, they can live in denial if that's what they desire.

But don't lie to my face and say there are no issues present with PRO and their staff.

If you want to know more about this.

Feel free to drop me a PM.

★ Contributor ★

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

I remember reading this idea once:

Guild Top 1-3 would get free access to Guild island.

Among them would be a boss who by then would release the Yoshi mount with a very low%.

Also some Tutors and 3 Tier 8-9 spawns chosen by the Guild Top 1.

Up to this point, not much has changed. What is interesting and I think concerns this thread, is the following that I remember reading:

The Guilds that were not reached within the Top 1-3 would also have the opportunity to enter, but, paying a fee, let's say it, "a safari".

There was talk of 50k per month for each user, and of all the $ raised, 50% would be distributed among all the members of the Guild Top 1-3.

Actually, it seemed like an excellent idea! Although, to be honest, the Guild island is not currently something "enviable", it facilitates one or another Pokemon, but it is still just a SPOT to search for more Pokemon.

I know that in the future the content will improve, but I don't think it's wrong to give everyone the opportunity to access this magic Spot ñ.ñ

You nailed it leader Irithza^^ I support this as a former member , yeah true ppl always questions these kind of question its demotivating literally (Are your alliance in top 10 guildladder they only need exp boost XD) . Well I do pvp sometimes but I like collecting pokemon rather pvp and I play casually, I hope they will implemented this island to all guild because I love to have access to Guild Island for hunting.

Edited by EunHye
  • Like 1

9BXzBh9.mp4width=887pxhttps://media.giphy.com/media/dtHMhQyTLIsh46p0mY/giphy.gif[/img]

:PixiuKnife: "I don't care what you think about me, I am not born to impress you" :PixiuKnife:

You nailed it leader Irithza^^ I support this as a former member , yeah true ppl always questions these kind of question its demotivating literally (Are your alliance in top 10 guildladder they only need exp boost XD) . Well I do pvp sometimes but I like collecting pokemon rather pvp and I play casually, I hope they will implemented this island to all guild because I love to have access to Guild Island for hunting.

Cousin I saw you eveytime here lol lets hunt together XD

• Developer

It was always planned to give PvE guilds a chance to get to guild island but we don't have many options to do that right now.

One of our Content Scripters is currently reworking all fighting NPCs within PRO. Kanto (and Johto?) should already be live. It might take a while till he's completely done and replaced all old fighting NPCs. I thought about using it to hold a planned (and not random) PvE Trainer WQ every two months where guilds get +1 for all NPCs they beat while the WQ is active and the top guild would get access to guild island for the upcoming month. This is nothing decided yet but a possibility for the future. I am all ear for other suggestions.

It might take a bit but we are working on new PvE updates (especially) with and for the upcoming region. We did not forget PvE (and PvP) players but we cannot focus on them at the same time. So there will be times with more PvP and times with more PvE updates.

• Like 2

What a great thread!

I am the guild leader of NoMercy. NoMercy has been a guild since April of 2017. I was very vocal in the past about how changes over the past few years devalued guilds and the competitive integrity of guild ladder. (1, 2, 3, 4)

As others in this thread have expressed, I was also very excited about initially proposed idea of the Guild Island. What we got is different, so I will only focus on what is actually present instead of speculating the initially proposed. June is the first month I am getting to experience the Guild Island. I don't think it's that bad so far. I see nothing wrong with pushing it live with the bare concepts (spawns, tutors, tms) and adding features as they are coded (boss). I prefer to be optimistic and presume that is the plan. Everyone should keep in mind PRO is run off volunteers, not paid professionals.

That said, the requirements to gain access to Guild Island have further exacerbated my concerns about guilds in PRO. It is absolutely true the social ecosystem of guilds have completely changed since the introduction of Guild Island. Immediately, we saw guilds start to merge by distancing themselves from players who did not want to or chose not to pvp. Even worse, the rule allowing players to pvp on two accounts also creates incentives for guilds to invite alt accounts with pvp rating in order to unlock Guild Island. Additionally, we see many players in two guilds to increase their odds of getting into guild island. For all guilds with aspirations to unlock guild island, the favoring of alts or veterans will continue to grow. A majority of the players left guildless during these merges or favor towards alt accounts are new players. I believe this to be very, very dangerous to the grow of PRO.

Quick Solutions?

• Calculate guild rating based on the top 50 players within the guild. This would reduce the incentives of alts and necessity of filling your guild with veterans or pvpers.
  • Allow access to the guild island to be purchasable each month by the guild leader. I can see a few options:
    • A flat fee of 5m for the month, no matter your guilds placement in the ladder.
    • If your guild finished in top 10, you can enter guild island for the month for a fee of 100k. Top 5, 50k. Top 3, free. ( fee per member)

Eventually, I would like to see PRO implement a more sophisticated way of dealing with alt accounts. I understand the suggestion that follows potentially requires a lot, but I think it would dramatically improve the moderation of the game throughout many aspects.

• Every player must create a profile.
    • You must then link your accounts to a profile. An account that is not linked to a profile will not be able to trade, pvp, etc.
    • Only four accounts can be linked to a profile.

Profiles will join guilds, so all your accounts will be in the guild of your choice. The account with the highest rating applies to your guild rating (not all four). Your accounts will not share pvp rating, but instead share the same "ELO" of the account with the highest rating. Example: Lets say "teerav" and "vikingman" are under my profile. "teerav" has 300 rating and "vikingman" has 1 rating. Assume I pvp with "vikingman" and the opponent has 400 rating. I win, "vikingman" will gain rating based an 1 rating winning against 400 rating. However, the opponent's rating change will be based on 400 losing to a 300. Its a big difficult to explain, but hopefully you (the reader) understands. This would mitigate "sniping" at the end of the season. And it would still allow players with pvp anxiety or veterans looking to test still use multiple accounts to pvp on, but it would remove a lot of the negative aspects effecting guilds described earlier in this post.

I myself I am one of the 3 co-Founders of Empire I have to say I very much agree with the ideas TEERAV brought forth about the initial content of guild island actaully being pretty awesome and the idea behind it being in the right place. However I must insist that staff and player take a deeper look into what he is saying about the ecosystem in guilds right now and in particular the way that rating is calculated for guilds needing a change because its almost game breaking at this point. While I like his idea of the 50 highest rating players making up the rating systems i feel like little to no changes need to be made to guild island as far as access it should definitely be top 3 get access its not a consultation prices its suppose to represent the hard work players put in. The changes for a pve to guild to be in could be easily instituted with the same thing as pvp rating but a system instuted where your guild gets points for defeating bosses and using the recycler and so on then at the end of the season guilds with the top pve rating can be given access as well. I have to say that its not easy to get there and I like it. The thing i will admit is that the guild ecosystem is a definitely weighted now to a very limited number of guild even being able to fight to gain access with realistic chances. I just dont feel like the solution is making access to the island easier but instead changing the way that rating is determined to allow for smaller more tight nit guild with a lot of pvpers that arent an Empire, Nomercy, Trinity to also have a fair chance because in all honestly winning doesn't really feel great if the scene isn't competitive enough to host ten guilds with a decent chance of getting to the island then it just becomes a everyone must join x guild to get to guild island every season thing. I and the other founders always have and always will run our guild as a home for the players who choose to join us and make a future within our guild, and its incredibly hard because the real world happens and players cant play all the time or whatever life throws at them and because of the way game works if your not producing rating guilds cant afford to keep you their while you sort out your things even if you have been a part of the guild for an extended period of time and I really feel like at the bare minimum the number of players that make up your rating needs to be changed to be allotted for some sort of slack for guild be able to play with to retain some of the players who cant/dont produce rating because at the end of the day while pvp is a huge part of the game and without it their would be no game without it, a guilds worth to the game is not determined solely by it so it should not be calculated soley by it either and this should be looked further into considering the future of the game is going to be determined by the path you choose to solve this.

It was always planned to give PvE guilds a chance to get to guild island but we don't have many options to do that right now.

One of our Content Scripters is currently reworking all fighting NPCs within PRO. Kanto (and Johto?) should already be live. It might take a while till he's completely done and replaced all old fighting NPCs. I thought about using it to hold a planned (and not random) PvE Trainer WQ every two months where guilds get +1 for all NPCs they beat while the WQ is active and the top guild would get access to guild island for the upcoming month. This is nothing decided yet but a possibility for the future. I am all ear for other suggestions.

It might take a bit but we are working on new PvE updates (especially) with and for the upcoming region. We did not forget PvE (and PvP) players but we cannot focus on them at the same time. So there will be times with more PvP and times with more PvE updates.

I think that for the time being until real changes can be implemented as you said its going to be a long time till pve players will see a vast majority of the changes some sort of middle ground should be offered as far as content that could be implemented fairly quickly to at least hold these players over if you will because these last few changes have been extremely hard for their communities to be ale to hold on as they get torn apart by the bosses changes and the guild island change promoting the balance so far towards thepoint of game being about your placement on the guild ladder and that placement being determined soley by pvp by nature is also pretty damaging as well and something must be done to let them survive.

Huge shout out to the staff who actually listened and are fighting through the mud to make sense of everyone comments all at once to get to a solution this one isn't an easy fix and I just hope that one day a middle ground can be reached somewhere for all players.

Alright starting off, let's not pretend making "Guild Islands" only available for Top3 PvP guilds was a good idea. It was not. It will never be a good idea for so many different reasons alone.

• The already "small" PvP community centralizes in only 3-4 guilds, making the rest absolutely pointless.
  • The "rich get richer", the best players will be in the top #3 guilds and therefore get access to more content, allowing them to make more money/get more content etc.
  • The original idea is somewhat possible with a little work and staffs maintaining it. Needs 1 Scripter, 1 Mapper and 1 staff who keeps track of everything. It's possible but isn't being done because ???
    This idea can even self-sufficient live next to the "Top 3 guild island reward", it simply is a bit of work (only thing I am not sure of if Scripters can check what guild you are in, this is the only piece of work I am uncertain of, everything else is possible already).
  • This Guild Island stuff has destroyed old guilds, people were forced to merge to even remotely compete with others.
  • Guildleaders pay members to PvP OR worse cases where guildleaders pay people who are good to join their guild 7 days prior and boost the guild rating that way (this happened last season indeed in one of the Top1-4 guilds)
  • The "PvP Guild reward" is pretty much ALL PvE content, nothing related to PvP, bosses/spawns etc are not PvP content.

Most of the excuses here are nonsense, it's work, it's tedious work and probably annoying as hell to do but it's possible.

Guild island must be the most disappointing addition to the game in the recent 2 years.

This must be the most unoriginal idea you have ever given towards PvE focused players, go back to your original idea thread and look at what it turned out to be. It's not even a 1% of what you posted back then, that's why people are annoyed by this. This response as well, addresses none of the issues players have, other than saying something that is not related.

Anyway, just my two cents.

• Like 9

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Alright starting off, let's not pretend making "Guild Islands" only available for Top3 PvP guilds was a good idea. It was not. It will never be a good idea for so many different reasons alone.

• The already "small" PvP community centralizes in only 3-4 guilds, making the rest absolutely pointless.
  • The "rich get richer", the best players will be in the top #3 guilds and therefore get access to more content, allowing them to make more money/get more content etc.
  • The original idea is somewhat possible with a little work and staffs maintaining it. Needs 1 Scripter, 1 Mapper and 1 staff who keeps track of everything. It's possible but isn't being done because ???
    This idea can even self-sufficient live next to the "Top 3 guild island reward", it simply is a bit of work (only thing I am not sure of if Scripters can check what guild you are in, this is the only piece of work I am uncertain of, everything else is possible already).
  • This Guild Island stuff has destroyed old guilds, people were forced to merge to even remotely compete with others.
  • Guildleaders pay members to PvP OR worse cases where guildleaders pay people who are good to join their guild 7 days prior and boost the guild rating that way (this happened last season indeed in one of the Top1-4 guilds)
  • The "PvP Guild reward" is pretty much ALL PvE content, nothing related to PvP, bosses/spawns etc are not PvP content.

Most of the excuses here are nonsense, it's work, it's tedious work and probably annoying as hell to do but it's possible.

Guild island must be the most disappointing addition to the game in the recent 2 years.

This must be the most unoriginal idea you have ever given towards PvE focused players, go back to your original idea thread and look at what it turned out to be. It's not even a 1% of what you posted back then, that's why people are annoyed by this. This response as well, addresses none of the issues players have, other than saying something that is not related.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Imagine if everyone would give their honest opinion like this.

At least this community would get places and the game would reach new heights (months, possibly years ago).

Sadly there are only a few individuals like yourself who dare "oppose" their ideal concepts and lazy assessment of suggestions, to really make a change.

Too bad this will remain an unheard voice, just like the 100th if not 1000 of posts before this.

Also, I just noticed the new forum rating "WOW!"... I would say that serves as the forum's "most disappointing addition in the recent 2 years".

I just wanted to throw that in there, just because I can.

★ Contributor ★

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png