GUILD ISLAND - I finally did it

Iriztha

• Developer

• The "rich get richer", the best players will be in the top #3 guilds and therefore get access to more content, allowing them to make more money/get more content etc.

That's not true. The guild island does not give anything the normal maps doesn't. It's has mainly quality of life features such as more pvp oriented (but not easier to hunt) spawns. There are a few (really only a few) spawns that only spawn there but they are huntable in outbreaks quite often.

The original idea is somewhat possible with a little work and staffs maintaining it. Needs 1 Scripter, 1 Mapper and 1 staff who keeps track of everything. It's possible but isn't being done because ???

The idea has too many flaws. To give an example, the original idea gives people the option to hide and use unauthorized software more efficiently without staffs noticing it.

• This Guild Island stuff has destroyed old guilds, people were forced to merge to even remotely compete with others.
  • Guildleaders pay members to PvP OR worse cases where guildleaders pay people who are good to join their guild 7 days prior and boost the guild rating that way (this happened last season indeed in one of the Top1-4 guilds)

It doesn't matter what rewards are given, this argument can be given at any time. It's either a reward no one cares about or people will argument it destroys guilds to get it.

• The "PvP Guild reward" is pretty much ALL PvE content, nothing related to PvP, bosses/spawns etc are not PvP content.

Yes and that's fully intended. The only PvP oriented rewards we have right now are PvP Coins and what you can buy with it. Any reward connected to that would devalue PvP Coins in the long run and we wouldn't be able to reward whole guilds in any reasonable way with PvP content.

Edited by Eaty

• This Guild Island stuff has destroyed old guilds, people were forced to merge to even remotely compete with others.
  • Guildleaders pay members to PvP OR worse cases where guildleaders pay people who are good to join their guild 7 days prior and boost the guild rating that way (this happened last season indeed in one of the Top1-4 guilds)

It doesn't matter what rewards are given, this argument can be given at any time. It's either a reward no one cares about or people will argument it destroys guilds to get it.

Are you claiming players here are only complaining because they want the guild island to be easier to access?

Guild island as a reward is not the issue. The argument is *how* guild island is rewarded. When multiple guild leaders are saying the way to earn it has fundamentally changed the way guilds recruit and act FOR THE WORSE, there might be some validity to the claim. It would be very nice to see some changes made soon to remedy it. If even they are quick changes to help patch the issue.

• Like 2
E6W75Tu.png

maybe someone can collect the suggestions to how the "guild island" is rewarded so that it will be good for me, for Iriztha, to the GMs, everyone.

Like maybe, if I will suggest1. change the guild island access to the top 2 guild, then 1 from a lottery for those who tried to get it. This is for the hard worker (top 2) and for the lucky 1 (lottery).

2. and so on.

If we can provide enough info, we can help the GMs and developers decide if a change is needed.

That's not true. The guild island does not give anything the normal maps doesn't. It's has mainly quality of life features such as more pvp oriented (but not easier to hunt) spawns. There are a few (really only a few) spawns that only spawn there but they are huntable in outbreaks quite often.

As I said, irrelevant to the subject matter. e.g Rotom Spawn was on the Guild Island for a month while it wasn't a spawn elsewhere. This type of stuff is what I meant with "rich get richer", Rotoms are very sought after Pokemon in the end are worth a lot.

The idea has too many flaws. To give an example, the original idea gives people the option to hide and use unauthorized software more efficiently without staffs noticing it.

What? The way you have done it might be true but workarounds aka what was discussed in staff channels would make this a non issue. They would have the same chance of hiding in a random Sinnoh house. The idea has some flaws but if you sit and discuss it properly with some form of compromise, it's possible.

This idea can even self-sufficient live next to the "Top 3 guild island reward", it simply is a bit of work (only thing I am not sure of if Scripters can check what guild you are in, this is the only piece of work I am uncertain of, everything else is possible already).

You can leave the Top3 reward as it is, it's more about guild islands in general, more leaned towards your original idea than anything else.

Yes and that's fully intended. The only PvP oriented rewards we have right now are PvP Coins and what you can buy with it. Any reward connected to that would devalue PvP Coins in the long run and we wouldn't be able to reward whole guilds in any reasonable way with PvP content.

Yes and what do "PvE" / "Community" focused guilds get other than a "get gud?" You haven't addressed the majority complaint in this thread.

I will write up an example of how Guild Islands could function:

(I am going of the fact that Scripters can check in what guild you are)

What is required from staff side?:

• 1 Mapper who can map 4 maps (1 Pokemart, 1 Pokecenter, 1 Main Map, 1 Cave)
  • 1 Scripter who can handle NPCs such as Tutors / other features
  • 1 Tmod/GM/Admin who has permissions to remove money and has good forum knowledge to keep logs of everything

What Guild islands could look like?:

• You have a base model Guild Island that comes with the 4 above mentioned maps, 2 sets of spawns (1 for the main map and 1 for the cave map), 3 basic tutors (you can select out of a bunch) for 20mil$
    • This would serve as a "guild-hub" everything else can be a bonus

[*]More move tutors (up to 10), 2mil$ each

[*]Upgradeable map (Headbutts/Dig spots/Daily Quest giver) each 5mil$

• This could be pre-built into the map but blocked off (e.g a worker is blocking the dig spots,a farmer is block the trees etc)

[*]and more .. (I am not as creative tbh)

Why would this need 1 Mapper?

We need someone who can make 4 maps, e.g "Guild Island guildname" "Guild Island Pokemart guildname" "Guild Island Pokecenter guildname" "Guild Island Cave guildname"

Those maps would need to be uploaded/renamed and the links between would need to be done, beyond the original 4 maps it would be just uploading/linking

Why would this need 1 Scripter?

Pretty much all the NPC stuff

Why would this need 1 Tmod/GM/Admin?

To deduct money from guildleaders and to keep track of everything in a forum post.

And before some dumb arguments come out of nowhere like "What if 100 guilds buy it, thats WAAYYY TOO MUCH WORK", 100 guilds would result in 2billion cash out of the game. No money sink would result in that much money gone.

Just an idea, it can be fleshed out easily if you just allow it and it's not "beyond broken", it should more serve as a social guild hub with some QoL things.

• Like 5

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

As I said, irrelevant to the subject matter. e.g Rotom Spawn was on the Guild Island for a month while it wasn't a spawn elsewhere. This type of stuff is what I meant with "rich get richer", Rotoms are very sought after Pokemon in the end are worth a lot.

What? The way you have done it might be true but workarounds aka what was discussed in staff channels would make this a non issue. They would have the same chance of hiding in a random Sinnoh house. The idea has some flaws but if you sit and discuss it properly with some form of compromise, it's possible.

You can leave the Top3 reward as it is, it's more about guild islands in general, more leaned towards your original idea than anything else.

Yes and what do "PvE" / "Community" focused guilds get other than a "get gud?" You haven't addressed the majority complaint in this thread.

I will write up an example of how Guild Islands could function:

(I am going of the fact that Scripters can check in what guild you are)

What is required from staff side?:

• 1 Mapper who can map 4 maps (1 Pokemart, 1 Pokecenter, 1 Main Map, 1 Cave)
  • 1 Scripter who can handle NPCs such as Tutors / other features
  • 1 Tmod/GM/Admin who has permissions to remove money and has good forum knowledge to keep logs of everything

What Guild islands could look like?:

• You have a base model Guild Island that comes with the 4 above mentioned maps, 2 sets of spawns (1 for the main map and 1 for the cave map), 3 basic tutors (you can select out of a bunch) for 20mil$
    • This would serve as a "guild-hub" everything else can be a bonus

[*]More move tutors (up to 10), 2mil$ each

[*]Upgradeable map (Headbutts/Dig spots/Daily Quest giver) each 5mil$

• This could be pre-built into the map but blocked off (e.g a worker is blocking the dig spots,a farmer is block the trees etc)

[*]and more .. (I am not as creative tbh)

Why would this need 1 Mapper?

We need someone who can make 4 maps, e.g "Guild Island guildname" "Guild Island Pokemart guildname" "Guild Island Pokecenter guildname" "Guild Island Cave guildname"

Those maps would need to be uploaded/renamed and the links between would need to be done, beyond the original 4 maps it would be just uploading/linking

Why would this need 1 Scripter?

Pretty much all the NPC stuff

Why would this need 1 Tmod/GM/Admin?

To deduct money from guildleaders and to keep track of everything in a forum post.

And before some dumb arguments come out of nowhere like "What if 100 guilds buy it, thats WAAYYY TOO MUCH WORK", 100 guilds would result in 2billion cash out of the game. No money sink would result in that much money gone.

Just an idea, it can be fleshed out easily if you just allow it and it's not "beyond broken", it should more serve as a social guild hub with some QoL things.

I assume travel costs removes at a low estimate 1bill every 3 months, based on 1000players over both servers.

One off gold sink of 2bill feels like not very much to me.

If the aim of content is to remove money a 1% or .5% tax on trades, would remove loads of cash from the game for 0 work, while effecting amount of trades very little.

This would also provide some slight equality (obviously still not equal) for those without multiple accounts.

Also digs/quest giver will add money cash into the economy (assuming quest giver gives cash rewards).

Tldr: providing a sink to the economy shouldn't be an argument for more work.

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

+1 Yep,imo i think the guild island should more like the server thing.Like for a season there will be a quest for either of the servers and when a guild accomplishes the goal of the quest the guild would be able to access the guild island.

If the aim of content is to remove money a 1% or .5% tax on trades, would remove loads of cash from the game for 0 work, while effecting amount of trades very little.

No taxation without representation!! :PixiuKnife:

I am generally against the idea of a tax on trades. As a guild leader, pokedollars are often donated or rewarded for events. A tax would discourage this and it would be pretty difficult to implement a way to distinguish a reward/donation from a trade without exploits (people say they are donating to avoid tax) or extreme manual labor.

E6W75Tu.png

• 1 month later...

+1 i think lots of PvE guilds will have more to play for. There will always be the top 3 pvp guilds getting these rewards sadly </3

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit My Art Shop Here: https://tinyurl.com/MidkupsArtShop

Visit My Pokeshop Here: https://tinyurl.com/MidkupsPokeshop

Join Calamity Guild Here: https://tinyurl.com/CalamityGuildPRO

Midkup's Art Shop & Portfolio: http://midkup.weebly.com/

+1 I loved the ideas of Iriz and Prehax, pve totally needs something, the exclusivity of top 3 guilds will remove the motivation for competition, like Iriz said, top 3 guilds are already full of experienced players.

https://tenor.com/view/anime-cute-blushing-rejected-gif-9959247

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars....THAN NERF THIS!