How Megas should be done

Eunia

i dont believe anyone would get disappointed if he had to pay 150 pvp coins or 200 pve for a mega stone...make them grind hundred of hours in order to complete the quest, and then u will see what disappointment means...also i don t support easy quests like forces of nature, because getting a mega stone should provide a sense of accomplishment...150 pvp coins means 1 mega stone for 150 wins in pvp, 200pve coins means 1 stone for 40 bosses in hard difficulty...makes you feel you have achieve something...participating in a lame 20min quest or setting a maximum difficulty rng based goal, like grinding for a 150+ ivs high tier poke (which can mean 10 catches for the lucky, 500 for the unlucky) makes the game too easy or raises the difficult to maximum and can really cause disappointment...

Your assuming the quest would be easy... whatever the case may be, im sure the staff would see fit on the best balanced way to obtain them. Also quest would be a logical way to go about it since it would make for more content in which the game is lacking heavily at the moment. Putting them in the pvp/pve coin shops would be depressing to be honest lol. Imagine a game changing item that could change the meta tremendously just to be obtained with mere pvp/pve coins. :SnivyBad:

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Hey PRO staff,

The inclusion of megas will bring a huge shift in pvp as it brings more excitement and spice to the pvp scene here but it will all come down to how mega stones are obtained. IF you guys make it a long grindy quests like legendaries then you already lost interest in majority of players here, as many of us dont have time to grind all day. If you guys make it a requirement to have hundreds of evos then same thing, you lose interest in majority of the player base. OT is also dumb as hell. IF PRO staff wants to have increased interest in the game and hope other players will return to this game, then make it a win win situation. For both PRO and its player base make the mega stones purchaseable by pokedollars and real cash in the item store. This way the game gets some $$ for including this into the game to help pay for future updates to the game as well as giving $$ to those staff who helped make this possible. Those players who dont use real cash in this game also have a chance to get them for pokedollars. Everyone wins in this scenario and it evens the playing field in PVP (since those will 20+ legendaries have been breaking the game.)

-For legendaries fine, continue making long quests to obtain them since they are more trophies then anything else. However, Megas are mainly used for PvP purposes so why not make the stones obtainable in pvp and pve shops for 50 points? There are numerous megas in the game so including them as a slot under "mega stones" at the pvp/pve npc vendors would be the best scenario. This way you still have to "mmo" grind to get them and pvp is balanced and fair.

I just wanted to say, that I agree with this completely.

This is an MMO, they are notoriously grindy for a good reason. That is actually part of the enjoyment some players get out of a game, the hours spent to get something is a very rewarding feeling once you do get what you worked for. I can understand before the Mega release the worry people had on how they are obtained, but our worries should be gone now as imho how they are obtained was handled very well.