Petition Against the Recent Boss Changes and the Nerfs on Rewards

Xanthinarose

Hello everyone,

This thread is in regards to the recent changes made to PvE that have really disappointed most of the community that plays the game solely for it's PvE aspect, myself being one of these players. The limit on the amount of bosses we can battle is not only demotivating for PvE players but also completely destroys the fun of that aspect of the game. We are forced to choose what bosses we want to battle in the limited time frame and can no longer discuss things like strategies on how to achieve the shortest boss run etc which was part of the fun. For myself personally, I feel completely distanced and neglected as a PvE player in PRO by the recent changes and with megas being implemented into PRO it serves to show that the game is catering towards its PvP community to an overwhelming degree.

What really triggered my frustration the most is this:

Today, I decided to log in for a test run on my love island boss strategy that I've been working on for months, recording it every time and tweaking it in order to upload a solid strategy onto YouTube that can potentially help other players struggling with this boss as I have in the past. For those of you who play PvE you will know exactly how annoying this boss duo is to defeat consistently considering the amount of threats each of their teams has, from the guts flareon to the serene grace shaymin sky flinchathon and the MG alakazam with focus sash that seems to love critting us.

After completing this battle I realized the reward was cut by half! I only got 46k and 5 PvE coins for a boss I need to pay 5k to get to assuming I'm already in vermilion city and don't have a travel pass that costs the ridiculous amount of 300k a month. Imagine that! One of the hardest boss duo in the game completely cut down and getting a measly reward for the effort on a boss that's literally a coin flip and one mistake can cost you the battle putting you on a 12 day cool down. How frustrating! When bosses are our main source of income and we need to cover the cost of travel debt, ev training, safari zone they all cost money. Not every player uses trading as their main source of income and not every player plays pvp either to make money off their coins!

If you're going to nerf the reward nerf the boss too.

I feel there is a complete lack of communication between the staff and the players of this community, as we weren't even told in the announcements which boss rewards were nerfed specifically, and giant sudden changes like this make players feel isolated from the staff of this game. You guys really need to pick up your game when it comes to identifying player needs and fix the issues at their core, not some patch work solution in hopes to avoid mass profit on multiple accounts. It should not be a generalized solution that punishes all players.

I've loved this game for a long time I really have, I've seen the potential it has had to be great for all the years I've been playing, and I wish it would grow even larger and become a popular game once again, but in all honesty changes like these aren't doing the game any good. You're slowly driving away more and more veteran players who are attracted to that aspect of that game specifically and have stuck with it for those reasons. A lot of us feel like we're not just players in this game but we've witnessed the development of this game from the get-go so we're all mini testers and have grown attached to the game after seeing what it was and where it's at now. If you would only take advantage of the community's opinions and feedback you will benefit so much from it. We're all literally at your disposal and all you need to do is lend an ear to listen.

Peace,

XanthinaRose

• Like 39

XanthinaRose-Aniniated-Vulpix-Banner.gif?width=961&height=260

Check out Rose's Epic Pokémon Rental Shop!! https://tinyurl.com/rosepokemonrental

Calamity Guild: https://tinyurl.com/CalamityGuildPRO

Calamity Guild Shop: https://tinyurl.com/CalamityShopPRO

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/xanthinarose

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

This thread is in regards to the recent changes made to PvE that have really disappointed most of the community that plays the game solely for it's PvE aspect, myself being one of these players. The limit on the amount of bosses we can battle is not only demotivating for PvE players but also completely destroys the fun of that aspect of the game. We are forced to choose what bosses we want to battle in the limited time frame and can no longer discuss things like strategies on how to achieve the shortest boss run etc which was part of the fun. For myself personally, I feel completely distanced and neglected as a PvE player in PRO by the recent changes and with megas being implemented into PRO it serves to show that the game is catering towards its PvP community to an overwhelming degree.

What really triggered my frustration the most is this:

Today, I decided to log in for a test run on my love island boss strategy that I've been working on for months, recording it every time and tweaking it in order to upload a solid strategy onto YouTube that can potentially help other players struggling with this boss as I have in the past. For those of you who play PvE you will know exactly how annoying this boss duo is to defeat consistently considering the amount of threats each of their teams has, from the guts flareon to the serene grace shaymin sky flinchathon and the MG alakazam with focus sash that seems to love critting us.

After completing this battle I realized the reward was cut by half! I only got 46k and 5 PvE coins for a boss I need to pay 5k to get to assuming I'm already in vermilion city and don't have a travel pass that costs the ridiculous amount of 300k a month. Imagine that! One of the hardest boss duo in the game completely cut down and getting a measly reward for the effort on a boss that's literally a coin flip and one mistake can cost you the battle putting you on a 12 day cool down. How frustrating! When bosses are our main source of income and we need to cover the cost of travel debt, ev training, safari zone they all cost money. Not every player uses trading as their main source of income and not every player plays pvp either to make money off their coins!

If you're going to nerf the reward nerf the boss too.

I feel there is a complete lack of communication between the staff and the players of this community, as we weren't even told in the announcements which boss rewards were nerfed specifically, and giant sudden changes like this make players feel isolated from the staff of this game. You guys really need to pick up your game when it comes to identifying player needs and fix the issues at their core, not some patch work solution in hopes to avoid mass profit on multiple accounts. It should not be a generalized solution that punishes all players.

I've loved this game for a long time I really have, I've seen the potential it has had to be great for all the years I've been playing, and I wish it would grow even larger and become a popular game once again, but in all honesty changes like these aren't doing the game any good. You're slowly driving away more and more veteran players who are attracted to that aspect of that game specifically and have stuck with it for those reasons. A lot of us feel like we're not just players in this game but we've witnessed the development of this game from the get-go so we're all mini testers and have grown attached to the game after seeing what it was and where it's at now. If you would only take advantage of the community's opinions and feedback you will benefit so much from it. We're all literally at your disposal and all you need to do is lend an ear to listen.

Peace,

XanthinaRose

I completely agree, the pve aspect of the game is dwindling slowly along with my interest in the game. To me It seems like the game is all hunting of high tier Pokémon or pvp now a days. The boss changes make the game seem more meh as of late

• Like 5

First of all, you couldn't have said it better, I highly agree with this post.

This boss update is a big nerf to PvE, not just the money income but the content the game has to provide.

There is already more than 50 bosses in the game, with this change you can only now select 40, this means you have to decide which bosses are worth doing and which not.

When a new update comes, players expect new content or changes to improve the game. We are now missing part of the content the game has to provide us, not being able to enjoy the full experience and you are just taking away playtime from those who only enjoy the PvE aspect of the game.

What is going to happen when a new region arrives with many new bosses? Sadly we will have to choose from a bigger pool of bosses, which we will not be doing, so what's would be the point in adding new bosses if we won't be able to do them? Which will be the difference? Most, if not all, the interesting, hard to hunt, and PvPable Pokemon are already in the reward pool from, not one, but at least two already existent bosses, there is a high chance that these new bosses don't give more money than the old ones we already have so I still can't think anything to look forward for them now.

This might be a possible fix to reduce the money income from PvE but I'm pretty sure staff could have done a better job instead, not just, as XanthinaRose says, punish all players by doing this. Not everyone is able to play from 4 accounts just to make an insane amount of profit from this, those who only play with a single account as for now are the ones feeling the nerf more than those who have more than one. The only thing I can see here is how encouraging this is for everyone to start playing with more accounts in order to compensate the lost.

The prices for most of the things still the same, they are ruled by supply and demand, it's just matter of time for a new event to arrive for them to increase once again as it has been the whole time.

To finish with, how would it have affected to ask the community their opinion? An update doesn't have to be based on people's opinion, we all know a few won't take it seriously and there are many trolls out there but, at least you know what to aim for, why waiting for people to start complaining and give a feedback, where many of those might not even be a useful feedback but one of those insulting messages? This just ends in more work for the staff having to revert or using resources to change it once more.

After all, games' success depends on their community, don't they? I also really want to see this game grow bigger and bigger, I really have enjoyed this game every single minute I've played this whole time and I don't regret at all. Don't want to see this game's community get ignored and making a lot of veteran and new players leave, more than those who already left for whatever their reason was.

Edited by Sylveon
  • Like 6

"Because if there is something worth fighting for, it is life. Extinction is forever."

In fairness bosses will be super easy now and easier if we get mega Hera(replaces cloyster). The rest are super easy with hax and conkeldurr, and I don't see any mega that they can add to a team to make them harder.

Atm the only things that make bosses abit hard are

1)Boosting moves on first pokemon.

2)Magic guard+sash (cloy now M Hera)

3)Unaware (hax or M gyara, equal imo)

4)Status moves/ability (conk)

Everything else seems irrelevant, the inability to hold an item while mega evolving I think will make boss teams weaker not stronger.

• Like 1

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974