Petition Against the Recent Boss Changes and the Nerfs on Rewards

Xanthinarose

We sadly need a boss limit. I am not saying it's perfect or that we implemented it the perfect way but we only added bosses very, very slowly for the last year cause we couldn't add more without exceeding the limit we set ourselve for boss runs. With the upcoming region and many boss requestes within the staff we had no other way left.

The Content Scripter lead, I and a few others will need a while to discuss and rework some bosses. This is to somewhat balance bosses so we do not have "useless" bosses anymore. That's needed with the upcoming updates anyways. We have many construction zones within PvE and PvP right now and hope to find solutions for everything within the next months. Right now, we are fully working on the upcoming update which mainly focuses on PvP. But we did not forget about other things like boss updates and the world quest which need to more interesting in the long run for users that already got all legendaries.

I hope you can give us a bit more time to sort out everything and then work on tweaks and changes.

While discussing it here, I would like to ask a question. Would you guys prefer a global cooldown reset for the 7-days boss cooldown? So that it always resets Monday 12 AM GMT+0?

I unlike most think that I limit makes sense to a degree it at the very bare minimum can't be unlimited, and therefore actually see the complex problem for what it is too much one way bad for the game in ways that most don't see. I recognize that the content itself has pieces that are jaded and outdated, while i find that to subtly charming and shows a games growth i recognize that eventually all games update the bosses for instance in wow some of my favorite old dungeons were completely redone to keep the game fresh. What I think was truly the sad part is that as many have said it was clearly a poorly timed change to say the least I vote for the time being reverting it completely would be the best method till the update comes out then when the new bosses and content is a available to players you institute the limit giving players both a heads up its happening and time to voice their opinions on which bosses they want reworked/eliminated from the game. However and This is a huge However, I want to give props to EATY for atleast coming out saying that they recognize some of the folly in the way it was instuted and that it was clear oversight on their behalf. Along with that he also went an extra step further and proposed a ground in the middle lowering the cooldown from 2 weeks to 1 week and I for one value the fact that he is listening to the community and would vote to institute this change if its what him and the rest of Developers are willing to give us as a middle ground. Its really refreshing to hear staff have a different view point about something for once and I am insanely grateful for the path that they are choosing to take on this one I would even call it the high road and would hope that other players will do the same.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eaty

I hope you can give us a bit more time to sort out everything and then work on tweaks and changes.

While discussing it here, I would like to ask a question. Would you guys prefer a global cooldown reset for the 7-days boss cooldown? So that it always resets Monday 12 AM GMT+0? This way users also (almost) have the option to do 14-days boss runs.

Thank you for your response and your transparency. This helps us understand where you guys are coming from with these recent changes. However, there are still a couple of unanswered questions, if you would be kind enough to respond to them they are as follows:

1) Will the nerfed boss rewards return to their previous state? (Such as the love island boss duo I mentioned in the original post.)

2) When boss team changes are made, can the CS team please announce them so we know what to expect before going into battle? An example of this would just be to mention that Battle Bot PC's team has been reworked and changed completely instead of briefly mentioning "Additionally some bosses were tweaked." -quoted from the discord announcement.

This would be the biggest help imo.

Additionally, I think that the global cooldown reset is a good idea and would keep things more organized and less chaotic for everyone. +1

XanthinaRose-Aniniated-Vulpix-Banner.gif?width=961&height=260

Check out Rose's Epic Pokémon Rental Shop!! https://tinyurl.com/rosepokemonrental

Calamity Guild: https://tinyurl.com/CalamityGuildPRO

Calamity Guild Shop: https://tinyurl.com/CalamityShopPRO

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/xanthinarose

• Developer

1) Will the nerfed boss rewards return to their previous state? (Such as the love island boss duo I mentioned in the original post.)

No, we will probably change most bosses and their rewards entirely.

2) When boss team changes are made, can the CS team please announce them so we know what to expect before going into battle? An example of this would just be to mention that Battle Bot PC's team has been reworked and changed completely instead of briefly mentioning "Additionally some bosses were tweaked." -quoted from the discord announcement.

That will depend on the changes and the CS team, I cannot answer that.

With Mega evolutions being added to the game, I wouldn't enjoy PvP as much so.. whats the next thing?

Thats right! Bosses! ahem..

Revert plox!~

Oh Jeez.. too much maple way too much. maple..

They completely ignored pve players, as a result many players left the game for good,I have lost many friend in game due to this update which is quite unfortunate.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

No idea if this has been suggested at all yet but in future i would like it if plan big rework changes such as the one with the bosses to make a disscusion thread on the forum so you could gauge feedback from the community before hand and maybe find a better compromise that the majority of the player base agrees with also its nice to get updates on whats going on from time to time, Gives us something to look forward too.