PvP Timer Change - Give us your opinion!

Eaty

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

that will destroy pvp even more, please keep it like it is right now, sometimes you need to think of what you need to do to win and it can defenetly not be done in 15 seconds?

no, i think is good because ther are players that make stall time by the way and that is anoying because using that time the match could be shorter and that letyou play more matches in the day

I disagree with the timer change

15 secs is too short for pvp players since in some occasions, damage calculations are needed to be made and pvp players think before they do each moves

And the 5 min total time is weird as well since how do u determine who wins after 5 minutes., more pokemon left is the winner? But it doesnt make sense since everything can happen in a pokemon pvp game. So i totally disagree with the timer change.

• Like 2

+1.

It is really hard to play PvP when you don't have that much free time, since every battle turns into a time stall and takes around 20-30 mins.

At first, 5 minutes are more than enough to make your choices in a battle, just at the beginning, if you need more time, you're doing something wrong. After these 5 minutes end, you have 15 seconds every turn, which means, even if you take your 5 minutes to think on your overall strategy, you will still have 15 seconds to continue battling, which i strongly disagree on this, i'd really eliminate the 15 seconds gift and just make them lose by time out.

I would agree if the game was just clicking hyper beam and winning speed ties. That's not the case. It takes time to set up strategy, guess the opponent's sets, do calculations and think about the right play to do considering a roll, or predicting a double switch.

[JUSTIFY]Hello :CharYay:,[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Imo, 15 sec per move after the 5 min seems very short, in a match you need time to think properly. [/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]As the match becomes more and more intense, you need this precious time given to you to exploit your possibilities (Is that worth it to do this move or switch etc...) + Trying to figure out which sets the ennemy's team is running on their pokemon which will influence your decision making aswell.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I saw some replies before me saying 60 sec and i completely agree with it. What is wrong doing some calcs or thinking harder ? I think 60 sec is a good balance between not enough and too much.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Moreover, I see everyday people posting in the battle chat "play faster". This is not how pokemon works and you shouldn't either putting pressure on someone because he's playing slowly or pming him. I find this very inappropriate.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Not everyone is a pro, me included. But when it comes to PvP, i like having time to decide. Some plays are obvious, others not. [/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]How can i improve if I must think at the speed of a super computer ? :ChikoritaWTF:[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]About implementing this new timer on friendly battles, nothing is at stake + it's supposed to be chill, so imo it doesn't need it.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]To summarize, a 60 sec timer would imo fit perfectly in ranked battles.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Thank you for reading and have a nice day.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Sincerest Regards.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Fafouney[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

• Like 2

1903142997_4HhayM5-Imgur.gif.c1452e26b98c555a79d640c8be40feb1.gif

Discord: fafouney

(EMPTY) My Regular Pokemon Shop

My Full Dex Service

My Item Shop

I would agree if the game was just clicking hyper beam and winning speed ties. That's not the case. It takes time to set up strategy, guess the opponent's sets, do calculations and think about the right play to do considering a roll, or predicting a double switch.

calculations, predicting etc are just excuses to time stall and break opponents nerves, forcing them to make mistakes...predicting is a risk...it is sometimes based on opponents style...eg conservative players will try to protect pokes, agressive players to sweep etc...but anyway it is a desicion that should be taken in 5 seconds, since there is no safe choice...so overthinking over a prediction or calculating damage on a poke that its evs spread are unknown, its just excuses...so a change should be implemented to terminate time stall once and for all...on the other hand, 15secs are not enough...30-35secs would do the job...

+1 to timer change

mabye ability to turn it off in friendly battle, if both players agree?

[ATTACH type=full" alt="156415]156415[/ATTACH]

-1 for in this format,

I think a better timer would be, every turn is 15 seconds, once you are over that 15seconds then you start to eat into the 5 minute timer.

so

Start . . . . .Time taken . . . . . . pool left 5:00

Turn 1; . . . 75 Seconds . . . . . pool left 4:00 (60 seconds used, 75-15)

Turn 2; . . . 14 Seconds . . . . . pool left 4:00 (turn was under 15 seconds, pool not used)

Turn 3; . . . 30 Seconds . . . . . pool left 3:45 (15 seconds used, 30-15)

ect

Copy Pasta, well said.

Header.jpg.3668ef0d62cb2ddc0fba234345e736bf.jpg