PvP Timer Change - Give us your opinion!

Eaty

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

That is simply untrue. Calculations aren't "excuses". In many matches, you sometimes need the time to calc to decide on whether or not an attack kills; this is very simple. If you think that your opponent is trying to "break your nerves" because they take 30 seconds each move (which they usually don't), then you are the one grasping at straws to limit the timer. I think that, regardless of the team archetype, players should be able to take the time to evaluate their decisions. Not every turn is a simple 5-second click, especially not against stall teams.

Nobody proposed 5secs...35secs is more than enough...also i am going to repeat myself, there is no reason to overthink your choice...making the same choice in same cases can lead to different results...decide quickly and play...the number of games that overthinking paid off and helped you to win are about the same that destroyed you and cost the game...so in overall overthinking has no impact in your performance...it just breaks opponents nerves...

Change of plans, if so many people prefer Showdown's timer then how about this ...

180 seconds overall timer with +15 seconds every round.

Only for PvP ranked battles. Opinions?

sounds fine in any case a change must happen

gifeditor_20180101_132119.gif

Regardless of the numbers, being able to bank time for critical turns by moving quickly on other turns is of utmost importance. Per-turn time should be applied as an increment.

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

I understand the reason for the change, and also that everyone wants a change. So, I do not mind the showdown timer, but I feel as though the time amounts need to be changed in order to better fit the pokemon revolution online.

I feel as though, because of the way battles on Revo are, like the fact that you can't scroll over pokemon and check their pp or the hp of every pokemon or how much longer weather is gonna last, and you can't look in chat to see a text out "replay" of all the moves that occurred.

Due to that, It's imperative that all those things need to be thought out when making a move, and it's hard for the time allotted by showdown to fit on this game because there is a difference with what resources and what tools are available. So I feel like in terms of the overall timer, and the amount added each turn, I think at least one of those two needs to be increased in order to fit the battle environment on pokemon revolution online.

• Like 2