PvP Anonymity

Thatkid

What G3n pointed out is something staff should have taken into consideration in the battle code. Lots of bugs are reported by players, they should code something preventing players from using bugged and bannable moves since after having battled with bug abuser players, you don't recieve any kind of compensation for your report (for example, they could cancel the drop of rating due to the battle you have lost against them...). Having pvp anonymity will require those upgrades in the battle code, what is very good for PRO in my opinion.

For a game without any form of toxicity.

Ign : GDarch

Discord : GDarch#5224

spacer.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+1

I think it can be a really good thing for the game for many reasons :

1) If you share your games on Youtube.

-> Actually, people can check your move set / items / ivs very easily. This is a really big and unfair advantage. With this system, they can be hidden if they want / need.

2) There will be less flame / taunt / insults in the battle chat with this system. You can't send an annoying PM if you don't know your opponent

3) The pvp battle will be fairer. It will be harder / impossible to share important information like move set with your friends / guild. With this system , each player will have same information : NONE. We need to check / think during the game and we shouldn't have an advantage knowing that this Volcarona is HP Ice (for example) BEFORE the game.

I hope it will be implemented in the future :PikaLurk:

Thanks

"really big and unfair advantage"

No. Just no. Half the ladder playerbase knows what my teams are and it doesn't really matter, because anyone with the skill to pose a challenge would have extrapolated likely sets to a point where they can play accurately by Team Preview. In fact, it's almost easier to deal with someone that knows your team, because they will often think linearly rather than completely. No one on ladder is going to bother to directly counterteam a single player. If you see a Volcarona paired with two solid Heatran answers, it's probably not Hidden Power Ground.

With regard to the suggestion at large, it seems infeasible because of the difficulty it would impose on moderation. Anonymity also makes people bolder in the face of rules, which would be a further negative impact on a community that can be somewhat toxic already. Regarding being "exposed" on Youtube: Everyone loses. So what?

• Like 3

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

"really big and unfair advantage"

No. Just no. Half the ladder playerbase knows what my teams are and it doesn't really matter, because anyone with the skill to pose a challenge would have extrapolated likely sets to a point where they can play accurately by Team Preview. In fact, it's almost easier to deal with someone that knows your team, because they will often think linearly rather than completely. No one on ladder is going to bother to directly counterteam a single player. If you see a Volcarona paired with two solid Heatran answers, it's probably not Hidden Power Ground.

With regard to the suggestion at large, it seems infeasible because of the difficulty it would impose on moderation. Anonymity also makes people bolder in the face of rules, which would be a further negative impact on a community that can be somewhat toxic already. Regarding being "exposed" on Youtube: Everyone loses. So what?

Everyone loses yep. Should we make fun of them like this :

?

NO.

spacer.png

Everyone loses yep. Should we make fun of them like this :

?

NO.

So how about instead of making nobody be able to see who you are, just monitor the reaction of players, and content put out, there are already moderators for the game, just make "don't be toxic" a rule to be followed well

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

So how about instead of making nobody be able to see who you are, just monitor the reaction of players, and content put out, there are already moderators for the game, just make "don't be toxic" a rule to be followed

Simply because moderators are rarely in game, to see how bad players can be with each other and even if toxicity is already punished by PRO, the current policy seems to not be harsh enough to get rid of that.

spacer.png

I just want to clarify something.

The youtube comment I made was just for the fun of it even though it has some merit. My standing in the case of anonymity leaned more toward a neutrality and simply being offered the choice to be anonymous or not. Let's look at most dating sites, a lot of them gives you the option to reveal your identity or be anonymous. In PRO we have a setting option "Allow Party Inspection" that allows you to enable or disable the pokemon in your party from being seen by others, essentially giving your party the choice to be anonymous or not.

All i'm suggesting is, maybe give me the same option for a pvp match. I know there are other implications that would affect the pvp moderation but all i'm saying is give it a thought. I'm not forcing anyone to implement it. It's just a humble suggestion.

Thankyou for all the posts so far. Very good opinions i'm reading.

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

What good is a video game without smack talk? That video posted was hilarious.

Cmon guys we cant be this fragile. Havnt you guys ever played a sport?

It is not because the Internet has trivialized this kind of verbal abuse that on PRO it should also become the norm. Do you know about diffamation, people could actually makes PRO responsible for not taking care seriously about those cases. You talk about sports man, I don't know lot of sports that allow athletes to insult each other, at least in tennis bad behaviour is punished (I don’t know the sport you practice).Because it is clearly about that here, if for you to belittle someone is part of the sport I think that you still need to practice a lot to finally understand what the true values of sport are...

spacer.png

It is not because the Internet has trivialized this kind of verbal abuse that on PRO it should also become the norm. Do you know about diffamation, people could actually makes PRO responsible for not taking care seriously about those cases. You talk about sports man, I don't know lot of sports that allow athletes to insult each other, at least in tennis bad behaviour is punished (I don’t know the sport you practice).Because it is clearly about that here, if for you to belittle someone is part of the sport I think that you still need to practice a lot to finally understand what the true values of sport are...

Lmao tennis is a game. I played football for 8 years (real football, not soccer). You can literally say anything to your opponents, its full-on war out there. I understand the value of sports as well as anybody, it breeds MEN. There is nothing greater or more glorious.

Also saying "I 6-0'd a noob" is FAR from "hate speech" or verbal abuse. Not even close.