Is PRO dying ? The answer is #here

Titaniaplayz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It may not be dying, however it's a really low population game. I'd support some form of advertising whether it be on twitch or some other form of outreach to a pokemon community. It could definitely use a few hundred more players on each server.

I am pretty sure that staff does not want to make any bigger advertisement for PRO just because they use the original pokemon graphics, sounds, names, etc. - Not sure about the legal status of all this. If "The Pokemon Company" agrees with all of this if they mention. Also I dont know about any contact between staff and "The Pokemon Company" - so maybe they said its all fine bcs it is just a community fan project. All in all I would not risk anything at this point - rather be careful with that .

• Like 1

I'm gonna leave my personal opinion here as I was mentioned in the post and to add to what Qeight said. No the game is not dying since we constantly get new players and there are at least 600 people online at all times. During the quarantine there was a huge influx of new plauers and return of old ones due to the sheer amount of outbreaks, world quests, a new quest and a new event at the time combined with the free time everyone had. Now people are getting back to their lives and there hasnt been a significant addition in a bit so of course the game feel like its dying off when it really isn't.

That's all I had to say, some may agree some may don't. It's how I see it and I believe it makes sense. Have a good day.

IckyInfantileHogget-size_restricted.gif

Announcements § Bug Reports § Mapper Recruitment § Mapping Bugs § Suggestions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use the proper forums when posting. Unsolicited messages will be exterminated by a Dalek.

@ OT_Poster: PRO is not dying. It's doing well considering some of the challenges it faces. I would much rather have the staff handle any concerns about the game dying out in their own way. I have faith in them.

ThatKid

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

Personally, I feel PRO isn't dying. Yes, of course its playerbase has decreased a bit compared to the past few months/maybe years. But as long as a fair amount of people still play, it isn't dead. Also new players are joining as far as I know.

Also advertising via big gaming YouTubers would probably just attract unwanted excessive attention (Thousands of players at once may be harmful)

unknown12.png

No amount of money ever bought a second of time