The Ultimate Boss Guide for Newbies! REWORKED AFTER UPDATES!

Bhimoso

good job bhimo, quick addition, venomoth doesnt learn double team as there is no tm, so last slot could be run flash instead to archive the same (but cant bpass it).

since i just venomoth bpass to beat every boss in the game without changing my team once, i can add some info on the strategie; run knock off whimsicott sash lead, knock off life orbs to prevent opponents from suiciding and then memento into a charm/eerie impulse + flash user to setup.

the best special sweeper in the game by far, and thats a lot of distance, is Kingdra. sniper, hold razor claw, focus energy surf dpulse ice beam.

it will almost always crit and even kill its walls empoleon and Azu with surf crit :)

only unaware can stop it, so running toxic on ur stealth rock set to stall unaware or worry seed on whimsi to setup on them makes u unstoppable :3

oh also; venomoth needs shield dust, who wouldnt turn down full status and stat drop immunities on a setup poke?

• Like 1

good job bhimo, quick addition, venomoth doesnt learn double team as there is no tm, so last slot could be run flash instead to archive the same (but cant bpass it).

since i just venomoth bpass to beat every boss in the game without changing my team once, i can add some info on the strategie; run knock off whimsicott sash lead, knock off life orbs to prevent opponents from suiciding and then memento into a charm/eerie impulse + flash user to setup.

the best special sweeper in the game by far, and thats a lot of distance, is Kingdra. sniper, hold razor claw, focus energy surf dpulse ice beam.

it will almost always crit and even kill its walls empoleon and Azu with surf crit :)

only unaware can stop it, so running toxic on ur stealth rock set to stall unaware or worry seed on whimsi to setup on them makes u unstoppable :3

oh also; venomoth needs shield dust, who wouldnt turn down full status and stat drop immunities on a setup poke?

Ty, the Knock Off thing and the Charm should be in the guide (as far as I know, in theory?) I have to check Kingdra too. (I thought I also added Shield Dust as Baton Passer but Tinted Lens in Sweeper). I will have to recheck :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Ty, the Knock Off thing and the Charm should be in the guide (as far as I know, in theory?) I have to check Kingdra too. (I thought I also added Shield Dust as Baton Passer but Tinted Lens in Sweeper). I will have to recheck :)

sorry i missed the knock off line on whimsicott :) id make it a bigger topic bc life orb leads can ruin setup teams when u dont have a way to remove them, bc they will die eventually and bring in a full stat mon, but thats ur decision :)

• Like 1

Love your guide and it comes just in time for me, as I want to build up my first bossteam atm

One Question thought, since I saw him in another guide and thought, I'd give him a try:

What's your stance on a Skill-Link Cloyster? It's easy to get and with IcycleSpear and RockBlast (+SpikeCannon and a physical Water Attack) it should be able to pack a punch and be an alternative to a Mold Breaker exept against unaware Pokemons.

Is it worth a try or is that Idea already tested and discarted as "sounds good, doesn't work"

Otherwise I'm always happy about more updates to this guide, especialy if you somehow'll get pictures to work, I'd probably not be the only one overjoid.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Love your guide and it comes just in time for me, as I want to build up my first bossteam atm

One Question thought, since I saw him in another guide and thought, I'd give him a try:

What's your stance on a Skill-Link Cloyster? With IcycleSpear and RockBlast (+SpikeCannon and a physical Water Attack) it should be able to pack a punch and be an alternative to a Mold Breaker exept against unaware Pokemons.

Is it worth a try or is that Idea already tested and discarted as "sounds good, doesn't work"

Otherwise I'm always happy about more updates to this guide, especialy if you somehow'll get pictures to work, I'd probably not be the only one overjoid.

Keep up the good work.

I was going to add him in the Boss Sweeper list in the Ice or Water sections and I literally forgot lmao. Thank you for reminding me, I'll fix it :)

100% recommended as both a setup sweeper and a solo sweeper in baton pass teams. Definitely use a 252 ATK EV 252 SPEED EV set, Adamant, Focus Sash (NOT WHITE HERB, you need to ensure you survive a hit to avoid accidents) Skill Link. In a Baton pass team, use Razor Shell, Rock Blast, Icicle Spear and any other move. In a setup sweeper team, use Shell Smash, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast and Razor Shell. He's broken enough to solo Lance in Dragon's Den. 100% recommended :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Bumping with self reminder: add Cloyster to sweeper list (252 atk, 252 speed, focus sash, liquidation rock blast spike cannon icicle spear with skill link adamant 20+ IV ATK SPEED) and Kingler (shell armor adamant 20+ iv atk hp def spdef, 252 atk 252 hp, liquidation + 3 other attacking moves)

As I'm on my way to get my team, I stumbled uppon what I think is a mistake:

It concenrns your Entrys about Venomoth:

[spoiler=”Setup Sweepers: Anything that is bulky and has decent setup moves”]

[spoiler=”Venomoth”]

The low budget Volcarona. Tier 1 preevo Venonat, extremely easy to farm. 20+HP DEF SPDEF IV. We can be flexible with Speed and Spatk.

252 HP EV, split between defenses. Bold/Calm natures. Bold is way, WAY better than Calm for him. TINTED LENS ABILITY! Leftovers.

Venomoth Quiver Dance setup moveset: Quiver Dance, Roost, 2 attacking moves (preferably Bug Buzz and Psychic).

Alternative options: Air Cutter, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Hidden Power (preferably fire), Ominous Wind, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Sludge Bomb, Solar Beam (ONLY IN SUN), Twister.

Venomoth has two possible roles in a Boss team: he’s either a Baton Passer, a Sweeper, or both. He will come in when everything has been set, and he’ll set up Quiver Dances while he is constantly roosting nonstop. At +6, he will oneshot everything. Tinted Lens will make it ALWAYS hit for neutral damage. Thus, NOTHING can wall him. NOTHING. If you are in an emergency and might faint before you can finish the sweep, Baton Pass onto something else, or spam Roost and Giga Drain (if you have it).

[...]

[spoiler=”Baton Passers: Venomoth (Special Side), Furret (Physical Side)”]

[spoiler=”Venomoth”]

As mentioned above, he can also be a Baton Passer. AND THIS IS WHERE THE FUN COMES IN. 20+ IV DEF HP SPDEF (recommended SPATK SPEED too, but having high bulk is enough).

252 HP EV, 252 DEF. Bold Nature. DON’T USE ANY OTHER NATURES. They’re sub-par at best. Leftovers. Any Ability works.

Venomoth Baton Pass Set: Baton Pass, Quiver Dance, Roost. Last optional choice: Double Team (lol), Ominous Wind or Silver Wind.

The point of Venomoth is to jump in against a really weakened enemy pokemon with screens set and start setting up Quiver Dances and Double Teams while you heal up with Roost. The reason why I did not provide any other options is because we can only play Roulette and try to Ominous Wind or Silver Wind to get a boost in all stats, with a 10% chance. Double Team ensures we get evasion boosts to not get wrecked by accident. It’s up to you. When we’ve set up as much as possible, we will Baton Pass onto our sweeper. Venomoth is SPECIALLY ORIENTED.We will NOT use him to Baton Pass onto a PHYSICAL SWEEPER. We will use him with SPECIALLY ORIENTED SWEEPERS like Gengar.

I think the Sentece about SPATK on the Batton Passer is in the wrong Place. Or am simply to inexperienced to see the use of a Spatk-IV on a Batton-Passer?

As I'm on my way to get my team, I stumbled uppon what I think is a mistake:

It concenrns your Entrys about Venomoth:

I think the Sentece about SPATK on the Batton Passer is in the wrong Place. Or am simply to inexperienced to see the use of a Spatk-IV on a Batton-Passer?

It's only to deal a bit more damage while you try to get Silver Wind or Ominous Wind boosts, but the relevant part is if you decide instead that your fourth move becomes Giga Drain to heal against the boss (if you're Taunted and can't continue healing or setting up). It's not super important though, but also the fact that if you get a good Venomoth in all stats except Atk, you can use him both as a Baton Passer and a Sweeper in the same set (Baton Pass, Quiver Dance, Roost, Attacking move). If you saw in the middle of a boss battle that you can't continue sweeping, you could just Baton Pass the boosts onto something else and pray that it works.

(Editing extra reason: if you get one so good that it can work for both roles, you will not need to hunt two, one per role, but just one that can do both)

Edited by Bhimoso

It's only to deal a bit more damage while you try to get Silver Wind or Ominous Wind boosts, but the relevant part is if you decide instead that your fourth move becomes Giga Drain to heal against the boss (if you're Taunted and can't continue healing or setting up). It's not super important though, but also the fact that if you get a good Venomoth in all stats except Atk, you can use him both as a Baton Passer and a Sweeper in the same set (Baton Pass, Quiver Dance, Roost, Attacking move). If you saw in the middle of a boss battle that you can't continue sweeping, you could just Baton Pass the boosts onto something else and pray that it works.

(Editing extra reason: if you get one so good that it can work for both roles, you will not need to hunt two, one per role, but just one that can do both)

Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

Thank you, you made me a bit wiser again.

• Like 1