Mini-Guide on creating Private Chat Rooms for you and your friends!

Bhimoso

Welcome to the mini-guide on how to create your private room for you and your friends!

This small guide will try to teach you how to make a small chat room for you and your friends to talk privately ingame without needing to message them individually in private and having to close and open your conversations twenty times a minute. What many PRO players don’t know is that there are custom secret chats like the French channel where you can join them and find people from different nationalities, or you can make a private chat with you and your friends to talk ingame!

Have you ever wanted to talk to your friends about how your hunting luck sucks and show them your pokemon without having random people in chat rating them as garbage? Have you ever wanted to speak your emotions open to your friends and tell them how much did you love the pizza or kebab you just ate but you don’t like All chat’s opinions on pizza because they like pineapple pizza which tastes so damn disgustingly bad?

Well, fear not then, you’ll be able talk to your friends in private with this guide! I will be teaching you how to fix and modify your ingame chat, how to order it around and how to make private chat groups with your friends. There is an old guide from Seibuza from December of 2015, so I’m making an updated version, as it has no pictures and it’s kinda hard to follow.

Basic rules and understanding each chat's function.

First of all, we will look at the ingame chat. When we open our chat, we will see the Battle, Other, Help, All, Trade and Local chats. This is if we don’t have a guild or if we have modified it, of course. We first should analyse what each chat does: Battle chat is commonly used to trashtalk your opponents in PvP (which is kinda against the rules, but whatever), to talk about PvP stuff and to ask for rates on your pokemon.

allchats.png.e2d7cff6b40381271f220493ce87c0b8.png

Other chat is commonly used to talk in other languages than English (Si si son muy grandes jaja) like Spanish, Philipino, French, or whatever weird language is spoken in your area.

Help chat (it’s where I live in Gold Server answering questions basically) is the chat where you can ask for help (but not beg, for the love of god), ask any needed questions, doubts, anything you may ever need. Just ask for help! Help chat is there to help you out. All chat is basically the global chat where everyone can speak about whatever they want (as long as it’s within the rules) and it’s everyone’s room, the place where almost all players speak to each other.

Trade chat is the chat where you can sell, buy and trade your stuff and Local chat is a chat that functions like All chat but only works within the same area you are in, it’s not global. Guild chat is the extra chat that will only appear if you’re in a Guild, where you’ll be able to speak to your guildmates.

First of all, you should read the rules on the ingame chats before you try to use them or create a custom chat for you and your friends. Remember that making a private chat DOES NOT EXEMPT YOU FROM FOLLOWING THE RULES. If you break rules in a private chat and there’s a moderator there, you’ll get slapped in the wrist for it (by slapped I mean muted). Don’t be stupid and try to be funny hiding and saying really messed stuff in private chats.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/161-pro-rules/

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/62159-in-game-chat-rules/

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/119859-how-to-use-our-in-game-chats-according-to-our-chat-rules/

Here are all the In-game chat rules. Private chat rules are the same as Other Chat: Thus, General Chat rules apply. No deplorable behaviour, you can speak in other languages than English, don’t discuss Report related things in private chats, don’t spam your 5 subscriber youtube channels (whose subscribers are your parents’ gmail accounts and your multiaccounts because your content is so bad that no one wants to subscribe), don’t spam, don’t talk about sensitive topics, no mini-modding. Everything else is allowed. Not mocking my hair loss or me being fat, though. That’s bad 😞

Creating our custom chat!

First, we’ll take a look at the chat below. You will see there are six chats below. If you haven’t modified any chats, you can press the wrench on the bottom right.

allchats.png.57db0b9c49cba05a480d1c3479af6673.png

Here, we can modify which chats we want to see and which chats we want to remove. Remember we can have as many open chats as we want, but we can only see up to six different chats at the same time. If we have any more, we won’t be able to see the messages being sent in them.

allchats.png.fc48bf3b8b1e128364df0a8666ea3d03.png

We will now remove any chats we’re not interested in to make space for our custom chat. Since I am not interested in PvP Talks nor am I interested in trashtalking other players for playing stall and Togekiss all day, I will remove Battle Chat. Since I don’t speak Philipino or other languages than English (I do, but it’s an example), I’ll also remove Other chat. Now I have 4 chats: Help, All, Local and Trade

allchats.png.05643092644d6768bf0d71c70ae853ef.png

Now, we’ll start creating our custom chat!

We will enter the command /cgcreate channelname, password. We will substitute channelname for the channelname we want to make, and the password for any password. As an example, I’ll create a channel named potato and the password will be noob. Thus, I’ll enter:

/cgcreate potato, noob

allchats.png.a8ae6728b7f2cf8773c01e1f721240a4.png

Now, the chat will have appeared in your screen. You can now message in it. You’re a moderator too! (Only in that chat, and only to kick and remove players, not to do anything else lol). Remember you have to press the ENTER key after each command so you can activate these commands.

If you’re a normal user and you want to join a channel, you can do so by using the command /cgjoin channelname, password. For example:

/cgjoin potato, noob

allchats.png.62909e2cb70b2bdd53201920d109149d.png

If you want to leave, you can do it by using the command /cgjoin channelname. For example:

/cgleave potato

allchats.png.72e402ea0dcd40fbf63676489fd556ca.png

If you want to make someone else a moderator so that they can invite and kick people, you will have to enter the command /cgmod channelname, username. For example, I’ll give my other account privileges.

/cgmod potato, Bhimaso

allchats.png.ef3a0220caa01972393ddbb7055b12e1.png

If I ever want to remove his powers, I just have to reenter the same command and it will remove them. You can also kick them from the channel to remove them.

If you want to change the channel name, you can do so by using the command /cgname channelname, newname. For example:

/cgname potato, noobs

allchats.png.9bd6f0bfd3b16fe8fce8bf4bf737b7a1.png

The chat will become noobs.

If you want to change the password from the channel, you can use /cgpassword channelname, newpassword, newpassword

You have to repeat the new password to change the channel’s password. For example:

/cgpassword potato, noobmaster, noobmaster

allchats.png.792b50a6d5ca9d5470d5694c32f5b37e.png

Now, if you’re a moderator, you can also kick someone from the channel and invite new people. You can invite with the command /cginvite channelname, username. For example:

/cginvite bhim, Bhimaso

allchats.thumb.png.1172b285c6bc0bd1299dbf60e5261639.png

You can also kick people with the command /cgkick channelname, username. For example:

/cgkick potato, Bhimaso

allchats.png.70f3d1179c50ee8862bf986ae89d32e5.png

I hope this guide has helped you guys and you can now create a custom channel with your friends to enjoy your stay!

Edited by Bhimoso
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

I did this quick guide in an hour before I went and cooked lunch, since I'm hungry and I plan on doing another quick guide on how to starting hunting pokemon for newbies and I plan to have it out by tonight (yes, 3 guides in a day, I know I should chill, but I spent 1 month delaying everything for a single guide lol). I will try to get it done by today. This guide needed an update, as the original one was from 2015, and did not have any pictures to showcase how the commands properly worked. I hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!