Rentable PvP Pokemon

Teerav

ISSUE

Getting into PvP as a new player is very difficult. You need to have six level 100 pokemon, which takes a long time just to meet that requirement. To have six quality level 100 pokemon takes even longer. Then to have a proper pvp team of six level 100 pokemon takes *even* longer. Essentially, if you are a new player, you need to: have a veteran friend with pvp able pokemon, be a member of a veteran pvp guild (impossible with current guild environment), or grind for 100+ hours to get into pvp.

SOLUTION

Introduce an NPC that allows you to build a custom pokemon (non-shiny, non-legendary) and pay with "Rental Credits" and expire as you PvP with them.

IMPLEMENTATION

"Rental Credits"

• Everyone gets topped off with 10 "Rental Credits" every day. (Can never have more than 10 rental credits.)
  • Renting a "rental pokemon" (see below) would cost 1 rental credit per game. Example: This would allow someone to have a full custom team at least once per day at a cost of 6 rental credits.
  • Rental credits should be untradable.

"Rental Pokemon"

• An NPC should be in every PC that allows you to build custom pokemon and save them as sets. There should also be premade sets as an effort to help new players get an better understanding of pvp.
  • A rental pokemon costs 1 rental credit and disappears after one battle or 24 hours after renting.
  • Rental pokemon should be clearly labeled "RENTAL" somewhere on it's pokecard to help players identify if they place it in their PC for whatever reason. Or if they link it in chat.
  • Rental pokemon should not be tradable.
  • Rental pokemon should be restricted from being "perfect." Such as no IV stat can be above 30, for example, to minimize rental's impact on the trade market.
  • I think players should be restricted from leaving PCs if they have rental pokemon (just like you are in a queue for pvp), but it would close off a lot of possibilities. Perhaps players could use their rentals to help test new strategies against NPC Bosses (or allow new players the opportunity to actually beat one boss a day), as an example. But figuring that would is a different beast. (Should not disappear after a wild battle, etc.)

BENEFITS

• New players would have a access to fully viable pvp teams for at least one game a day.
  • Veteran players could test new things.

E6W75Tu.png

• Developer

I am not too much of a fan of generating Pokemon but like the idea to rent Pokemon from the system for PvP/PvE Coins or in-game money. This might actually help the economy if they are limited in their number and not cheap. Sadly it's definitely a no for now cause we had to rework lending trade twice and still encounter problems. Before we don't solve these problems your suggestion won't even be considered. Maybe and only maybe then we can discuss your idea in a different way. I really don't want to add more currencies to the game.

• Like 4

I am not too much of a fan of generating Pokemon but like the idea to rent Pokemon from the system for PvP/PvE Coins or in-game money. This might actually help the economy if they are limited in their number and not cheap. Sadly it's definitely a no for now cause we had to rework lending trade twice and still encounter problems. Before we don't solve these problems your suggestion won't even be considered. Maybe and only maybe then we can discuss your idea in a different way. I really don't want to add more currencies to the game.

What if we gave the choice of using pokedollars (or just only being able to rent with pokedollars)? It could be a decent new money sink to try out PvP teams for both experienced players and newbies. It might be hard to balance prices, but it could be interesting enough to try.

I thought more about the idea: Each rental pokemon costs 20k to 50k to create. You can create up to 6 rental pokemon every day. After 24 hours, these pokemon disappear, and you have to wait until all of the pokemon have disappeared to create more of them. You cannot trade them to anyone nor use them against bosses or other pve places. You can only have them in your pokecenter and they'll either disappear or go back to your pc if you try to leave the pokecenter. Their ivs cannot surpass 28 per stat and (maybe) you have to get their held items. They also have no PP up in their moves.

Edited by Bhimoso

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

What if we gave the choice of using pokedollars (or just only being able to rent with pokedollars)? It could be a decent new money sink to try out PvP teams for both experienced players and newbies. It might be hard to balance prices, but it could be interesting enough to try.

I thought more about the idea: Each rental pokemon costs 20k to 50k to create. You can create up to 6 rental pokemon every day. After 24 hours, these pokemon disappear, and you have to wait until all of the pokemon have disappeared to create more of them. You cannot trade them to anyone nor use them against bosses or other pve places. You can only have them in your pokecenter and they'll either disappear or go back to your pc if you try to leave the pokecenter. Their ivs cannot surpass 28 per stat and (maybe) you have to get their held items. They also have no PP up in their moves.

I do t se e pokedollars working with this unless it's made a lot, a low amount would ruin the market and people would sell pokemon for cheaper because then you could buy god pokes for low money

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

I do t se e pokedollars working with this unless it's made a lot, a low amount would ruin the market and people would sell pokemon for cheaper because then you could buy god pokes for low money

Yeah, I also saw the point there. No idea how to balance it enough for newbies to try out pvp too, honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

The problem I have with pokedollars being the currency to buy them is it restricts new players from using the system, which is who I'd like the system to favor.

I do not like the idea of PvP coins being the currency either because its even more restrictive to veterans who already are pvping. The idea, in my thought, is to get new players to pvp. Veterans will use the system to test new builds/pokemon regardless of how the system is implimented.

PvE sounds like a create compromise, to be honest. It favors players who dont normally spend their time pvping. However, it still doesn't allow *new* players to use them. Unless there are ways to implement ways for new players to earn PvE coins. Perhaps like defeating Gym Leaders for the first time earns PvE coins? Another issue I have with this is pve players will prefer to use their PvE coins on cosmetics. If you use PvE coins on pvpable pokemon, then not have a good time in PvP, you will feel like you wasted your time and coins when you could have got a cool mount or cosmetic.

This is all why I would *prefer* if a new currency is created. It needs to be simple and unable to stack too many as to not allow players to constantly just build and spend so they never need to buy pvpable pokemon from the market.

Would love to revising this concept when developers feel confidence that the technology can support it.

E6W75Tu.png

I don't think the problem is the difficulty building a pvp team. It's part of the MMO.

I think the problem is that it takes to long before you can work towards a PVP team. I have a lot of fun hunting, training and buying pokes for PVP.

But it took me nearly two years to complete history and some quests just because I couldn't find any fun doing history or training a rattata do 80... My experience is similar to both of my friends that I brought to PRO to play PvP.