Changes to OT requirements.

Amygdala

4 hours ago, Electrocute4u said:

Making a non-subscription purchase for anything on PRO doesn't imprint your name on it does it? (I.e buying a Mount and then that Mount suddenly have the "OT" on it) Its weird and that's why games doesn't have such features. Also, owning a Pokemon for months/years as someone else's OT still doesn't make it yours, realistically speaking it would "still" remember their original trainer put into a realistic scenario. And after all... All you did was buying it, the fact that someone else put a lot of effort or got lucky still remains a fact, and that is what MMO is all about, even if you try to neglect it with PRO it still stands as a grindy MMO in my eyes and from personal experiences with the game. I feel that it is justified for a game to have such requirements in place, because it shows that money isn't everything. It also makes the game harder and it makes you want to continue playing and aiming for that well deserved reward. Neglect these requirements and everything about PRO would instantly be easier to complete. Just take the Rattata quest to enter Hoenn as an example, you need a level 80 OT Rattata, this would suddenly be a common service for veterans to sell to new players or even transfer between their alt(s) to complete regions easier. Its small things like this that would basically off-set the difficulity of things on PRO and eventually take the entire "Grindy" part away from quests/events/story/daily tasks.

Thanks for replying.

You're right, games don't usually ever make items you own have OTs. Again, with PRO being an outlier. A game like PRO is always gonna be grindy it's literally all about stats and having good RNG but not being able to used our hard earned money that we earned by grinding is definitely anti-grinding. I feel you think for some reason catching the Pokémon is more "virtuous" than buying the Pokémon, that it takes more "hard work" when this is all supply and demand. If someone catches a Pokémon and decides to sell it, they WILL sell it for more than what they used to obtain it. And if this goes through the prices of these OT req, pokes will for sure increase.

"Also, owning a Pokémon for months/years as someone else's OT still doesn't make it yours, realistically speaking it would "still" remember their original trainer put into a realistic scenario"

Well no... once you trade a Pokémon it by definition becomes yours. What realistic situation are we talking about? Not even the original games implemented anything to do with a Pokémon remembering their pokes. I feel this is more you projecting your feelings on how 0s and 1s work. The closest thing to this in games is the obedience stat in games. I feel like all your concerns would be gone if maybe the Pokémon would only work if freshly caught? I can be fine with that and add that to the req list.

5 hours ago, Electrocute4u said:

Yes, they may have "consented", but that still doesn't mean you can decredit their only source for someone to know who actually put effort into catching said Pokemon. As a content creator I wouldn't sell something to someone and then allow them to completely discredit all the work I put into it and make it look like they were the ones creating it.

How is using the Pokémon you rightfully own and they rightfully consented to selling discrediting them?  Once someone sells a Pokémon they gave away ALL rights to it. They have no say in the manner in how its exposed. If this was a problem to a seller then they wouldn't be selling it in the first place. Also, how would anyone know? Linking a Pokémon doesn't show the OT even now so where's the harm to the owner? If they really cared that much they could just ask the owner to SS the OT to fulfill.... whatever it is you're trying to gain.

PRO is a MMO after all, it wants to keep you around playing for an indefinite time. And this means completing tasks on your own, not buying your way into completing quests/events/daily tasks etc. Otherwise it wouldn't be grindy and you would quickly be able to complete things that would normally take you a day or more grinding for.

The strength and weakness point already answered this.

Then you need to play more MMO titles. Iirc Runescape had a ton of trading items that the owner could not use in quests because they were not the original owner. This is completely normal if a game is meant to be grindy, and not like one of those Pay2Win MMO titles that don't care about grind but about paying to progress.

You can't just say you need to play more and then only show one example. I've played Wizard101, Elder Scrolls Online, World of Warcraft and EVE. None used OT restricted items to the extent here. Let's be perfectly honest here, there's nothing stopping someone from buying 100 CCs and buying out the top pokes in whatever server to complete any end game content. This game isn't necessarily P2W but it's sure not stopping from doing exactly what I mentioned. So I don't see a reason to hold this game on a pedestal. 

As some people already said,pro needs to be hard and we need to work to get what we need.As for the thing you said about after selling a pokemon the seller losing all claims on that pokemon is true,but its stilll HIS ot .OT= original trainer as stated before.So how can we replace the buyer's name there when it specifically says "original". Also we cant solve everything with using money and buying what we want.Pls dont make the game easier than it is now

• Checked/Done 1

On 12/11/2021 at 7:48 AM, Amygdala said:

You're right, games don't usually ever make items you own have OTs. Again, with PRO being an outlier. A game like PRO is always gonna be grindy it's literally all about stats and having good RNG

i agree but PRO is not only about hunting,doing quests are also a part of it,so dont make the quests we have easier since you need to work for something you need.If you dont agree,just buy lvl services and hapiness train it,as stated before,which will only leave you the work of hapiness training it.

• Checked/Done 1