Ban aegislash from pvp

Anurag2006

Did aegislash came yet ? No ?

So why there is a thread to ban aegislash

Also ı don't play on ubers @Swaglordx

Aegislash is here what are you talking about? This thread is completely valid seen as people have been using aegislash all week and then what’re you playing on because it’s impossible to queue gen 7 ou (which is what a believe pro is based around) with an aegislash..... because it’s banned

How is it undefeatable ?

İn this week ı played around 50 game

(in showdown)

against aegislash and only lost 2 of them

Wasn't even hard to kill it

Sounds more like you guys don't know

how to play against aegislash

İf it is that hard just get a counter

pro its like gen 7 ou format, and when you play against aegi, it's either gen 8, gen 7 ag or even gen 7 ubers ( or even more idk ) , Your argument is sadly baseless and not comparable to the current PRO meta

• Like 1

How is it undefeatable ?

İn this week ı played around 50 game

(in showdown)

against aegislash and only lost 2 of them

Wasn't even hard to kill it

Sounds more like you guys don't know

how to play against aegislash

İf it is that hard just get a counter

No one said its undefeatable....no Pokemon is undefeatable :-/

IMG_20201021_091210_resize_95.jpg

Oh aegislash already in pro ?

Wasn't know that

:EeveeShy:

1598204040614.thumb.png.93877bb99f73f21e85f89ac5e652645d.png

learn to read plz, ty. If top pvpers of showdown (which means worldwide) decided to ban it soon after it came out, does that mean that they're bad ? kekw

really check this out https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aegislash-is-now-banned-from-ou.3588190/ this is really interesting, though i doubt any of the staff read that (no offense u guys are doing a great job).

thanks @arcyy for the link. As for you Cruelgreen if you wanna start defending aegislash on PRO don't use showdown stats please because they kinda banned it ?

• Like 2

Just ban kings shield. All of you who thinks its "easy" to counter aegishlash probably looked at smogon for 10sec and found one set and think this is it. The amount of sets it has alrdy make the poke insanely strong and stance change is also strong enough on itself, the argument that banning kings shield make stance change useles is riduculus dumb, please think for 20sec what stance change offers already, its alrdy super strong and kings shield just with it in a vaccum alrdy push it towards op. Now add the fact that with out knowing beforehands what set it runs make it insanely hard to scout with out punishment while the aegishlash user suffers very litle repercusion because of kings shield. Added with the fact that its ghost type make it unable to get trapped by mag, kings shield literly punsh poke that pursuit traps in combination with kings shield again leaves it with no natural predator... And i havnt even started with the amount of 50/50 the kings shield user can force at his wills is insane. Most 50/50 in pvp brings risk and most players try to plans his pieces multi turns in advance to get into position at forcing the opponent in a 50/50 turn in order to do dmg. King shield user here can very casually force these 50/50 senarios both offensivly and deffensivly in his favor every other turn, and because of stance change the drawback of losing those flipps are almost none existent. This is insanely inbalanced in the top level of battle imo. Like kings shield is literly a protect+ intimidate in one move, thats alrdy put it at A rank move, now unlike other power moves it dosnt have a bad secundary drawback nor a very limited pp pool, and add it with stance change which gives it 150 def and spedef??? Add all this again with a poke that can run physical attacker, special attacker, substitue, sword dance, toxic,oh and a actual protect aswell, piority move, and the fact that pretty much nothing can one shot it in deffense form. HoW cAn KInGS SHIeLD be ALloWEd?

The only thing that keep it balanced right now is that most users literly just copy the shadow ball, sneak, kings shield, sacred sword build, most "abusers" right now are to dumb to explore outside of the "all chat please help me, what set is best with aegishlash" set. Give it couple of weeks and when stuffs like substitute+kings shield+toxic,choiced sets start to hit the frontpage where u lose a pokemon cause u swapped in into a toxic or a choiced atk completely tear a team apart. Oh and scarfed ones speed creep the likes of serperior and with a ghost/steel typing pretty much make it immune to any piority counter attacks. IT alrdy bullied previous top meta attacker such as conk and lucario out completely while filling their roles in teams. Now thats only 2 pokemon thats lost their jobs, dont forget this guy can do it all, special attacker, toxic breaker, sub breaker. When people discover start scrolling though those sets more poke will lose their jobs while this guy with its big fking kings shield take those spots and do beter.

Honestly i challenge you to give me a list of pokemon that can switch into a unscouted aegishlash with impunity. With that i mean it dosnt get 2hit koed, get toxied and put on a timer, get set up on and risk lose the game immedietly. (I might have missed some but im pretty confident in this statement)

I can give myself a example for counter argument. A max spedef gliscor can come in and take around 50% on shadowball. (it might dies to hp ice but thats so nische that we dont count it here). Now u face a 50/50 but not rly. U can roost here and risk getting outspeed by scarf and dies(same with any other option not involving switching out, u can click earthquake and risk the 50/50 but not rly where the aegishlash user can kings shield it and now walla ur next earthquake will do shit to shield form and u need to now either switch out or sac gliscor, 3rd option is u still roost and this aegishalsh is not scarfed but it still attacks u and walla now ur back to option 2 again enjoj. Oh btw if its not special aegish and ur gliscor comes in on the dude sword dancing u now face a iron head that put u in range of shadow sneak if not outright kills u with life orb. Oh yeah im to lazy to explore the other lines such as substitute which demands a eq wich can lead to the shadowball senario or a free momentum switch and different lines blablabla. Bottom line the aegishlash user commands all the moves and what 50/50 he is willing to take and what he risks, while the other guy have a very limited moves to choose from while also risk more and never gains tempo.

Pss1:had a game on pro and kings shield apprantly dont cancel outrage. So if a dude clicks outrage u can just come in shield it and gives it -1 then set up while the dude is forced to hit u with -1 outrage that does negative damage until it runs out xD. In the name of balance of course.

Pss2:To wrap it up. I agree that in a 1v1 vaccum even with kings shield its not godlike op. But in the long run with more teams and sets involved u are simply bound to run into a set that just hard counter ur team. Now this argument is as old as dragonite usage and just as worn out. You cant hard counter everything and blablabla which i agree. But those senarios the pokemon in question dont have fricking stance change and kings shield with a movepool as large as your mums mcdonald menu. So yeah remove the ying-yang-i stomp u by mashing my keyboard with my face combo. Just take kingshield out of the equation. Whats left is still a strong and versatile pokemon but balanced in my not so humble opinion.

Pss3: im not toxic i swear, mods please dont spank me if any1 feels offended.

Edited by EvilProtagonist
  • Like 10

Look nor and jump both were ladder players last season and to call them "not good enough players to counter aegislash" is complete nonsense unless you were one of the other 23 players in the ladder you simply are not as good as them and should recognize these facts as they are very much more likely to be better players than u guys comparably, move on with life. Reality is this mon is disgusting and virtually the most op mon do to its sheer number of sets and it has an ability that doubles as a protect and a stat reducer/scouting move at this point its clear as I said before we need A high rating player to be added to staff to make decisions for staff on which Pokemon deserve to be banned as staff is not doing a good job at it. This is more than just one thing its about the fact that most people see this Pokemon as obscenely broken to the point of insanity and it will take months to for staff to ban the Pokemon especially if players that are not very strong are telling staff that they don't mind the Pokemon cause they want to abuse it.

• Like 3