Pink Pancham Quest

Zaccard

New Rewards?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be new rewards at all?

• Yes
  2. 2. Do you like the suggestion (pinkan berry)?

• Yes
    • Yes, but with tweaks!

Hey there, 

after being obsesses catching a pink pancham to show to the NPC who asks to see one, I wondered about the reward it might give. Searching forums and asking around I have never gotten an answer (probably since not many players have ever done this quest). Now though, one seemed to know, and said he/she was pretty certain that the reward is

Spoiler

a pink pancham hat

. If this is true, I really would suggest to reevaluate the rewards as this is absolutely disproportional (imo) to the difficulty of meeting the required task. If we calculate that chance, it is fair to say you gotta be very lucky even if you grind your mind out on this one. 

I have a suggestion though - make the reward a pinkan berry that upon use turns a pokemon of your choice in a pink one. This would fit the whole pinkan theme, and would be a reward that is actually worthwhile to play the lottery for.

I am saying this because I can imagine someone who seriously considers grinding for this quest for eventually 100+ hours and finds him/herself lucky enough to get one, the dissatisfaction must feel quite disturbing to say the least.

Edited by Zaccard

A pinkan berry to turn any poke pink?
What prevent the top 20 with their godly almost perfect pokes, to not make them pink and raise it's price from 10-20m to 200m?
It's a totally awful idea, that is more disturbing than grinding 100+ hours to get a non pvpable pink mon just to get a hat.

https://tenor.com/view/anime-cute-blushing-rejected-gif-9959247

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars....THAN NERF THIS!

Thinking about it, i'm a bit of a mix on +1 and -1, if the poke and berry are untradeable, +1 100%, it's a cool treat that you can get. having the berry tradeable could be good, and then having just the poke untradeable, but otherwise -1. I think that as was already said, if both are tradeable the economy would wreck

but in general i like the concept

Edited by g3n3r4l
why do i need a reason, this is extra

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

I agree to g3n3r4l here, you could bind that item to the account (or in his argument, the pkm that has been pinkanized). To the other concern, what would be wrong having a few godly pkm pink? Noyone is forced to buy these! It would not wreck the economy, lets be real here, how many people do you know who have done this quest in first place? It would be so hard to obtain the berry (or whatever other reward), how is it not justified to give a pokemon a lot more value for collectors? I really dont get your point tbh, no offense. I mean, if you think it was that easy, go ahead and grind yourself that pink pancham, good luck.

But also, to both of you, if the pokemon were sellable, explain to me how the economy would wreck if there were 20 godly pink pokemon around. How many godly pvpable pkm are out there, do you really want to tell me if 20 of these were pink and higher in value, that the economy would be wrecked? 

It was a suggestion of an idea that ran through my mind, something that I would find rewarding that would also fit the whole theme of pinkan island. It is not an either or, fact is, for me, that the reward for that quest is simply very unsatisfying. 

Edited by Zaccard

If you can turn any mon pink, means legendary and those rotom bold 31x6, or a prize mon, or any godly mon, people would grind non stop, would cause bots and stuff, if you cant understand how it wold wreck the economy having a tradable berry that transforms any poke in pink, or a GODLY mon turned into pink, wich raise its price, the post lose its sense.
Would be cool? Yea, but would wreck the economy, OFFERT X DEMAND.

https://tenor.com/view/anime-cute-blushing-rejected-gif-9959247

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars....THAN NERF THIS!

Exactly, you say it yourself, offer and demand, thus, the price would find itself in the spot affordable for _collectors_. We have already established that such a berry could be made bound to an account, I dont see the point why you are offering this kinda critique that the poster above already found a solution for.

It is always easy to say "If you cant understand that blabla..", without leaving some fundamental arguments of a strong claim you have made, namely that the market would crash. Sorry that I seem rude, but if you actually take the time to answer, do it fundamentally, with real arguments.

I claim that 20 or something pink godly pokemon do nothing to the market, and their value will derive, as you already said, from _offer and demand_. Since there wont be many of these pink pokemon (else why would you think the price would rise drastically in first place?) there is no threat at all. 

Thread can be closed I guess, there is no value in this. People spamming -1 and people saying it would crash a market (honestly lol) bring no value to this I think. 

Edited by Zaccard