Bosses need to be rebalanced

Coono

I think the latest bug fix around crits has inadvertently caused a major major issue with the difficulty of bosses. 

There's a difference between "hard mode" and... busted. I believe we have now crossed that threshold. We all know the advantages bosses on hard come equipped with, 400 evs in every stat, not restricted by choice lock, etc. The only remotely CONSISTENT way to make up for these disadvantages is setting buffs, debuffs, screens, etc. Now with one crit.. it gets completely blown up. 

Bosses are the only consistent income at a players disposal (digs got super nerfed long ago), and are MASSIVELY time consuming. I see no benefit in putting a stranglehold on a player's ability to earn a consistent income by putting the time in. Half of this game is about collecting, for many player's that's the sole purpose of this game. Severely limiting player's ability to earn and subsequently buy/collect only serves to dissuade players away from the game. It's good for the game to have ONE aspect where if you put the time in you know you'll earn something for it, let's aim to keep that in place.

For that reason I STRONGLY suggest we look into rebalancing the bosses in some way, I don't know if I have the perfect answer on how exactly to do that... personally my suggestion would be disabling ALL crits (player and CPU) during boss battles. But balance is not linear, perhaps there are better methods. To me at the moment that would simply be the most easy and sensible, and even wouldn't be SOLELY advantage-player.

Edited by Coono

The problem with balancing bosses, in my opinion, is that bosses are stupid. The KI is not very good. As long the bosses act so one dimensional it doesnt matter how much you restrict, there is always a way for players for a high, almost certain winning chance.

With that I implicate that there is no need to nerf them in the matter of crits, since there are ways to almost gurantee a win. If not, its not a shame to lose to some bosses because of stupid luck.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

The truth is that I agree that the critics take out the bosses,
it cannot be that an ineffective attack 
that knocks down a pokemon just for a critical attack, 
they have too much with 400 ev in each stat ...
Edited by Ematex

• Eaty locked this topic