Ban ASH GRENINJA in pvp

Speedy

9 minutes ago, MiracleBoy said:

I dont think this is necessary.....U need to kill a pok for the abi to get activated and i dnt feel like its much of a threat...If we ban all the good pokes available...whats the fun in playing this game? 

Can u think of anything that can safely tank gren without chansey or goodra? Forcing to play a counter for it isnt a nice idea at all

3 hours ago, SuperHuy13 said:

Can conk even safely switch into ash gren? Have you ever thought about that?

Most of Gren's attacks yes Conk can survive, especially if you can bait dark pulse... but what do you want its a glass cannon, of course it hits hard. Boomburst Exploud doesn't have many good switch ins either, should we ban him too? 

Also... Mantine, Slowking, and Ferro, Mega Venu just off the top of my head.

There's no one Ash Ninja set that beats everything.

Edited by Coono

You guys can not be serious. We finally got a pokemon that is enough strong to deal with the meta that is hete for ages, and you guys want to ban it immediately. Chansey can hard counter it just as pokes like Conkeldurr or Infernape with Mach Punch, since its type doesnt change with any move. 

Same happens in every single years. First stallers,- beacuse they are the reason of every single examples here-reached to ban shadow tag. Okay that was understandable. Next they reached to ban Arena Trap Dugtrio to not kill Chansey anymore. Now we finally got Ash-Greninja that can deal a good amount of damage to almost anything and "lets ban it". No, just no. What will you guys say for megas, like Zard X, we should ban that too since its broken after a dd? Or lets add even more walls like toxapex and kill the entire game for ever? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Firstly, ash gren is not a stall breaker. Stop calculating on every fking stall then call this mons useless. it's incredible for its super high speed and having one of the strongest pior move in-game with an ability to break through sash. Ash gren is a nightmare for teams which don't have a clearly answer for it or offensive teams because gren or ash gren already one of the fastest pokemon viable at pvp rn. And since how fast this pokemon is, claiming a kill is not that hard for it.

So let's talk about its own counter at the current meta. I believe 3 most common checks for it rn are chansey, ferro and mega venu (I'm not talking about its best counter, i'm talking about the most common threat to ash gren). Venu is a good check but it still can die to dark pulse with 0 leftover recovery, it's definitely hard to keep this mons always at full. And mega Venu itself is not that hard to find a switch in, you can't really punish OP with venu. The same go for chansey with predictable move set. Like chansey is its best counter but you lets OP a chance to bring out bigger threat to your team or a chance to set up hazzard/defog.. while ferro can actually punish ash gren by stacking spikes or cheap it down while using U-turn. But you also might get risk of potential hp fire protein greninja instead of BB, and I guess it's fair enough for both.

Ash gren might find itself a little hard to break through some team but it is doing its best as a sweeper. Its definitely find it place in some volt-turn or rain team latter on. And mega scizor is best partner for it rn which both are kinda busted in this meta. 

So the question is "Do we need to ban this?". I would say give it more time to for new mega to come. Ash gren at this meta is not an insta win, it's so far to compare with king shield aegislash meta. it will stay at the highest competitive level but not OP at all. Like if you ban all the current best pokemon, meta could be even become more broken with new best pokemon replaced and you never have chance to find the meta which you like the most.

• Like 4
bb07943896b4bae2a54325ba8c0ccf74a46d8d6dr1-500-281_hq.gif

I am neutral on it

Just like g3n.

It can deal very heavy damage to switch ins, is the fastest mon in the current state of pro

But if something is so good, banning is the only option?

I don't think so, one day we will get more good pokes, people will say

"BAN IT!!"

Instead of that, why not use it?

Add it to your own good, then no one will feel weak that way. 

If we keep banning every good thing, we won't have anything that's good.

But its overwhelming power is a big problem, so maybe a temporary ban.

Anyway, that's my thought on it

Just unban it quickly after the full gen 7/wave 3 release 

But perma ban is not an option

I am pretty sure this thread is going to be very long 🤣🤣

Edited by Anurag2006

IMG_20201021_091210_resize_95.jpg

Its already banned in Ladder Tournament. So part of staff is aware that it is overpowered in the current meta we have in PRO.

Why isnt it banned on the game itself too then? This inconsistency is really questionable in my opinion and we had the same issue with Sheer Force Landorus some time ago.

• Like 5

Chansey, Conkeldurr, Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Scizor is used by atleast 90% of the players in pvp. They can counter Ash-Greninja very well. Not even talking about all those megas. Mega Scizor and Mega Venusaur can deal with it. The biggest problem ppl want to add even more trash wall, such as Toxapex, but want to ban everything that can counter them. What does this game's community want? Create a game where there's nothing, but stall in Ranked, or we want to create a competitive system, where we are free to use most of the pokes? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, STING100 said:

Specially chansey is very difficult to kill except of fighting  moves we can't even toxic it cuz it's natural cure  so I think something should come for it also ,pls ban all the megas if ash greninja ban atleast give it some time to remain and show how it works and deals these guy are greedy for PvP rating very very bad from all of u

If that would be the case, they would most likely be against and not for the ban of Ash-Greninja as its imbalanced in the current meta (banned in ladder tournament too), so it easier to gain raiting playing it than not having it the game.

In my opinion there is little room for discussion on it, Ash-Greninja is a really strong GEN7 pokemon but most likely not banworthy if we had the GEN7 meta.

However PRO has a GEN6 metagame at the moment, having a really strong GEN7 pokemon in that meta is unhealthy for the game in my opinion.

I want to bring up the fact again. It is already banned in the ongoing Ladder Tournament, so it should be no question of banning it in the game itself too.

• Like 1

This game's ranked system is based on smogon/showdown, since we always followed them. Ash-Greninja is not uber poke, "only" OU. I assume its banned from ladder tournament since it wasnt released before the end of the last season. Saying its inbalanced over and over again doesnt make it inbalanced. There is many, many counter for it that has been here for year(s), so I dont get the point why should it be banned. But than lets start banning every stupid broken mon, like Chansey, Ferrothorn, etc.,, with the same reason "if you dont have answer to it, you are done". I already know its gonna be banned, stallers reached to ban many things already, but atleast they should come up with something else than this, beacuse we could ban half of the mons from pvp with the same reason. 

Edited by Eric66

Not sure if this is a thread about entitled Karens trying to force their opinions onto others or about having a Pokemon banned for eligible reasons. 

Can you please give factual reasons that it should be banned instead of saying it’s op, it’s busted and we can’t use stall against it?

PvP is more about adapting rather than complaining.