Ban ASH GRENINJA in pvp

Speedy

14 minutes ago, Eric66 said:

The meta should change as we progress in the game, but its doesnt since we ban everything that is good. I wouldnt be suprised if at a time I would see a post about banning megas like Charizard X, Scizor and literally every other mega that is not wall. I cant even imagine what will happen when Mega Lopunny gets released xD. Insta ban cause its op, and "cant deal with it" while its a glasscannon. 

What other stuff that was "good" was banned and you would have said it should not have been banned?

6 minutes ago, Norex said:

What other stuff that was "good" was banned and you would have said it should not have been banned?

Lets add back Arena Trap Dugtrio than, beacuse it was the best count rto Chansey/Blissey. Also, if we play in Gen6, lets change back Talonflame's ability, and lets remove Gen7 pokes. 

1 minute ago, Eric66 said:

Lets add back Arena Trap Dugtrio than, beacuse it was the best count rto Chansey/Blissey. Also, if we play in Gen6, lets change back Talonflame's ability, and lets remove Gen7 pokes.

One pokemon is not "everything" but that aside, you still did not get my statement. I am not saying we should play the Gen6 meta and remove everything from Gen7. My argument is that Ash-Greninja is significantly stronger because of the stuff we are missing from Gen7.

Lets add stuffs from Gen7, and kill the whole pvp system. Ash Greninja is a form, like any other mega form. Tapus, toxapex, etc. that you guys want to add, beacuse in your opinions they are totally not broken, to counter Ash Greninja. Well, let me tell you something. They are the broken pokes, not Ash-Greninja. Toxapex with a combo like Skarmory would be barely unbeatable, so many players could start a post like this. Theres many thing that is not coded yet, but the current pokes that we have can easily counter Ash-Greninja. 

38 minutes ago, Norex said:

One pokemon is not "everything" but that aside, you still did not get my statement. I am not saying we should play the Gen6 meta and remove everything from Gen7. My argument is that Ash-Greninja is significantly stronger because of the stuff we are missing from Gen7.

There are plenty of counter in the current meta. Chansey/Blissey, Goodra, Ferro, Mantine, Mega Venu, Alomola, Alolan Muk, Tentacruel, anything with mach punch, plenty of scarf users such as Garchomp and Lando, weather sweepers, and many focus sash offensive mons. Just off the top of my head.

Edited by Coono

+1

I really think it was a BIG mistake to release Ash-Gren so early in our current metagame.

First of all, let's talk about its "checks" and "counters". Pokemons such as Chansey, Goodra, Mantine, SpDef Azumarill, Sassy Poliwrath (lol) or AV Tangrowth are supposed to switch-in quite easily onto opposing Ash-Greninjas IF its not evolved yet. And we should also be aware that most of the list mentioned above cannot check Gren + Rain, which is a popular playstyle with it.

The first problem we should be aware of is how much meta-centralizing this pokemon is. Let's take a look at the US/UM OU meta : Greninja is one if not the best pokemon in the entire tier and every players had to adapt their teams and playstyle accordingly. Pokemons such as AV / Careful Tapu Bulu, Toxapex and AV Magearna are considered as "dedicated " checks to it. We dont have any of these ig right now, which makes Ash-Gren a lot stronger than it is already.

Another thing to mention is that Gren is also incredibly strong WITHOUT Battle Bond. Protean was and is still one of the best abilities in the entire game. In fact, Protean Greninja is still banned to this day in ORAS OU. (the suspect test ended with 81% supermajority votes for the ban)

image.png.71d6f2516b5018196d4c9cbdcf1f8eb4.png

And you have to be aware that Protean was banned in a metagame where Ash-gren didnt exist. Most of the "checks" I mentioned above are getting wrecked by Protean Gren.

The combo of the two "sets" on Gren turns it into an absolute monster and is VERY unhealthy for the current PRO metagame.

You could say that both abilities were allowed in gen7 OU, but we're talking about a totally different metagame where most of the strong pokemons of the tier are considered as "little ubers".

I also think that most PvPers knows that Protean Gren is already a big threat right now.

Now let's talk about "counters".  Azumarill and Keldeo can revenge kill it pretty easily, but they can't switch-in on it. (and Keldeo isn't in the game)

Conkeldurr and others mach punch users can OHKO it IF Gren is not locked on Water Shuriken, otherwise they have to be full HP.

Some scarf users can also revenge it pretty easily.

" So it's not that big of a deal right ? " Problem is, if a good player is playing Ash-Gren, he will use a strong teambuild around it in order to erase Gren's checks and counter. It will lead to players who are FORCED to run dedicated checks and counters just to check a single mon in a meta where a lot of pokemons are already quite threatening.

We can compare this to the Zygarde's issue in US/UM OU. This pokemon was quite similar to Ash-Gren in our current metagame. Players HAD to use dedicated checks and counter because otherwise they would be instantly 6-0 by it. This pokemon became way too meta-centralizing and Smogon decided to ban it.

I'm 100% for the ban, this is not a pokemon designed for a metagame such as PRO in its current state. (even Protean Gren should be banned imo, but this is not the topic)

I suggest to ban it until the release of the 7G.

Thanks for reading

Keabu

Edited by Keabu
  • Like 14