[Tool] PRO BetterHunt - Enhanced Hunting Statistic

Aquacry

PRO BetterHunt

BetterHunt is a utility app which reads the game data from your screen using a technique called OCR (Optical Character Recognition), and provides you with a list of all encounters and more options to visualize the data in a better way. This project is heavily inspired from the PRO BetterFarm, which did the same purpose, but its no longer active/maintained, so we decided to take on a remake. Along with the encounter stats, we're providing a little more features which we plan on extending in future.

Features

• Better UI, dark mode, easy to use. No setup required.
  • Overlay, which is always-on-top and allows you to easily check out stats in real-time.
  • Save/Load sessions anytime.
  • Export sessions as CSV (can be opened in MS Excel and other programs) and JSON
  • Set your Target Pokemon, and get stats.
  • Shortcuts for easier accessibility.
  • Built-in Discord Rich Presence! Show off your session data on Discord.

Important Note

This is NOT a bot, this DOES NOT hunt Pokemon for you. All it does is captures your screen and read data to identify Spawns.

How to use

Using PRO BetterHunt is simple. Download BetterHunt, extract, and run! Then just login into the game, and click on "Start" button in the app, or simply Ctrl+W, or on menu bar BetterHunt -> Start. If everything works right, you would see "In Game: Yes" on the bottom text (status bar). All encounters are recorded on the list maintained on right part of the UI. You can save (Ctrl+S or Ctrl+Shift+S) the session (encounter data basically) as PBFX (custom export format), a format used to save/load encounter data, or sessions. And can also load the session by clicking "Open" or on menu-bar, BetterHunt -> "Open", or simply Ctrl+O. This format is encrypted to prevent editing of the data. You can also export it as CSV (Ctrl+C) or JSON (Ctrl+J), just click on "Export" below the encounters list. You can even enable the Overlay, on the menu-bar, BetterHunt -> "Overlay: Off" and a small sized box will appear on bottom right of your screen. This provides summary of the encounters such as total, current and last encounter, with number of encounters and percentage out of total.

Discord Rich Presence

To enable Discord Rich Presence (RPC, or RP), on menu-bar, click on Utility -> "RPC: On" and "RPC: Off" for turning it off. If this is not displayed on your Discord status, check in Settings -> Game Activity tab of Discord, and make sure you have selected BetterHunt there. This only works with Desktop version of Discord.

Shortcuts

• Ctrl+O - Load Session file (.PBFX)
  • Ctrl+S - Save current session file or save the session in new file
  • Ctrl+Shift+S - Force save session in a new file and load it instead
  • Ctrl+W - Start/Stop the detection of Game/Encounters. Resets the session time too.
  • Ctrl+L - Toggle Overlay
  • Ctrl+T - Edit Target Pokemon

Download

Windows - PRO BetterHunt v1-0-1.7z

Due to the size of app, which is bit large due to the complete Tesseract OCR and Pokemon sprites being there, it is packed in .7z file, way smaller, which can be extracted using 7-Zip.

Previews

image.png.52a8060c85bd11e9057ca15acde45a2d.pngimage.png.1c066d430232e0fd5a09e292bad4b1cf.png

Issues

We cannot assure you that there are no bugs. No one is perfect.

If found an issue/bug/unexpected behavior in app, let us know in comments!

Troubleshooting

If this doesn't work for you, try changing GUI Scale in PROClient's settings, most preferably to default, as the images that are detected were taken on Default GUI scale and may cause it to not detect the Game/Encounters.

If still no luck, post below in comments with some details!

Please try using "1280x600" resolution if it doesn't work.

Todo/Ideas

• Add Pokedex and other utility
  • Ability to see spawns of a Pokemon / Map
  • Data server to organize data from all users for better accuracy and statistics

Developers

• DjDeveloper#7777
  • Scara#0888 [Discord RPC Module]

This app is made with Python using Tesseract OCR Engine and PyQt5 for GUI

Edited by diljitsandhu
No longer needs OCR Zip
  • Like 2

finally it's here, way to go!!

but I have a few questions I'd like to ask xD

1. Do I need to play the game in full screen? Since the app didn't recognize I'm playing right now when I use it on windowed. (I also use dual screen if that might be the problem here, but both of my BetterHunt and PROClient is on the same screen)

2. How do they recognize I'm encountering pokemon or not? I'm only downloading the v1.0.1. When I go full screen it doesn't recognize me encountering any pokemon

Thanks and I hope more development is coming soon xD

• Like 1

Hey @rimanmblo, I'll surely get back to its development once I'm done with exams. And it only works on primary screens - if you have multiple, because the lib this app uses to search certain images and read from screen only supports primary screen. If it doesn't work on primary screen either, try Windowed mode + 1280x600 resolution - as I always use that to test. Though some other resolutions are tested and work. Try to keep the GUI Scale to default.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 6:42 AM, diljitsandhu said:

Hey @rimanmblo, I'll surely get back to its development once I'm done with exams. And it only works on primary screens - if you have multiple, because the lib this app uses to search certain images and read from screen only supports primary screen. If it doesn't work on primary screen either, try Windowed mode + 1280x600 resolution - as I always use that to test. Though some other resolutions are tested and work. Try to keep the GUI Scale to default.

not work

• 5 weeks later...

I have some suggestions (Inspired by PRO better farm, which is good but the export data format is kinda messy) to improve it:

- Add a timer that counts the time of the whole session
- Add an option to select the area where the OCR operates (for people like me who like to hunt and watch videos at the same time), because it's hard for the software to detect the a new battle if you encounter the same pokemon in a row in windowed mode.

Want to say that this helps a lot to plot every hunt we do. Keep it up and keep the good work 

Edited by Rednaks

• 2 weeks later...