Weekly pass for Excavation sites

Gio

Hello, thanks for taking time to click my suggestion.

I suggest a weekly pass, similar to the Transit Pass, be added for the Excavation Sites. Simple.

Having to click through several lines of text is rather cumbersome and with the pass it would all be avoided.
Not only would this save some people money, which incentivizes purchasing it, but it also works as an alternative money sink.

Each sites entry fee is 2.5k, with a total of 9 sites. That's 22.5k a day and 157.5k a week. So I believe it should cost somewhere between 120-140k.

Obviously, this won't be for everyone as not everyone does or can do excavations on a daily basis and not everyone has every site unlocked. It is just an option to have for those that do.

The beneficiaries will be the people who do excavations daily. This saves them a small amount of money that is still substantial enough to merit the purchase.

However, if they miss a day, they would be spending nearly the same amount as they would have without the pass (from 157,500 to 135,000). If they miss more than one day, they will be losing money.

Overall, I think this will be a minor implementation that would have a nice benefit for the players that do excavations daily.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 3

I do think this is somewhat of a good idea, however, the people that would find this useful are most likely people who have spent quite some time in the game (at least 400+ hours) and have enough money where the money saved isn't much of a big deal. So doing this is kinda a waste because its another thing they have to code and implement, which probably isn't too hard but is completely useless because I see no inconvenience paying 2.5k every time entering if this won't save me that much money. Also it would also somewhat inconvenience players who do buy it because they must remember to do excavation every single day to get any value out of it

54 minutes ago, Lolking780 said:

I do think this is somewhat of a good idea, however, the people that would find this useful are most likely people who have spent quite some time in the game (at least 400+ hours) and have enough money where the money saved isn't much of a big deal. So doing this is kinda a waste because its another thing they have to code and implement, which probably isn't too hard but is completely useless because I see no inconvenience paying 2.5k every time entering if this won't save me that much money. Also it would also somewhat inconvenience players who do buy it because they must remember to do excavation every single day to get any value out of it

By that logic, train tickets are a waste of time to code and implement too and inconvenient players because they have to remember to take the subway. Utter nonsense.

Edited by ChiiCe242
corrected spelling mistakes

NABFINAL.gif.c9515b1a0e3cab7447d68b179fdfed87.gif

This is a great idea in theory, but currently Exca does not provide much profit, it's too much of a money sink for collectors and even to those trying to sell good IV pokes. I started doing Exca often ever since I was 200 hours in (currently I have 2000 hrs under my belt) and I STILL have yet to get a half decent Rotom. Best I got was a 20+ HP Grass Cyndaquill, and a 25+ Aerodactyl (Which I sold for only 1M a year ago) and since then still haven't got anything spectacular. If most of the player base are willing to do it everyday and could actually turn a profit then this is worth it but it's not right now, and I don't see many people doing Exca.

Edited by Darksun20

31 minutes ago, ChiiCe242 said:

By that logic, train tickets are a waste of time to code and implement too. Utter nonsense.

yeah but the amount of money saved by train tickets is far more valuable than the 30-50k saved here. And train system is a convenience which many people use to save time while exca is an optional thing used to limitedly hunt a couple of rare pokes and im sure there aren't much people who actively do exca daily, especially with events going on while the train ticket is something that people would use all the time. And if it was much cheaper, it could have more value but that leads to all of excavation becoming less valuable as a whole because of the cheaper prices being more available. But this all just my opinion 

Edited by Lolking780
  • Like 1

its clearly a way to sink economy somehow...and pro needs more ways atm and asap...many peole have huge amount of cash and thats makes everything way way expensive and doesnt help new players mostly...i think its bad idea even for 17,5k each day 

Dont think its neccessary just for that minimum amount of money you would save and it shouldnt be any cheaper because money sinks are very important for the games econemy.

I would appreciate some love to excavation in different ways though. There was a recent suggestion about exclusive cosmetics for example. Another spawn-overhaul would be the most obvious change and I am looking forward to that.

I would +1 this because, for people doing excavation daily it will be benefitting. When you have all the 9 sites, you earn more than you spend most of the time from the items anyways. 1x Nugget and 1x Rare Bone/Big Pearl is enough for excavation to pay itself. Good idea. 

Edited by Nornornor444

1851510552_SigII.png.23a63e13a9414839c3d3276e8743699d.png

On 10/24/2020 at 11:01 AM, Darksun20 said:

This is a great idea in theory, but currently Exca does not provide much profit, it's too much of a money sink for collectors and even to those trying to sell good IV pokes. I started doing Exca often ever since I was 200 hours in (currently I have 2000 hrs under my belt) and I STILL have yet to get a half decent Rotom. Best I got was a 20+ HP Grass Cyndaquill, and a 25+ Aerodactyl (Which I sold for only 1M a year ago) and since then still haven't got anything spectacular. If most of the player base are willing to do it everyday and could actually turn a profit then this is worth it but it's not right now, and I don't see many people doing Exca.

Considering you are consistent in doing excavations, 1800 (number of hours)/22 (excavation cooldown time) = 81.8 days. 81.8 days x 2500 (cost) x 9 (number of sites) = 1,840,500 (worst case scenario, not including requirements for certain sites and such) Basically your Aerodactyl you sold already covered half the cost of the WORST CASE SCENARIO. (Additonally, 25+ Aerodactyls do not go for 1M only, you can blame your business skills for that.)

Not only that, you also have the chance of getting more stuff from other stones(?) 20-25 (we will use 20 here) per site x 9 (number of sites) x 81.8 (number of days) = 14724 stones. Minus the Aerodactyl stone that would be 14723, 14723 chances for epics/items you can sell for profit over the amount you spent to enter the excavations is. By the logic of you are not getting anything good so it is not worth, then rerolls should not be bought because they are not worth too. Or spending time on hunting should not be the case because you do not get anything good most of the time so it is not worth.

All this is only saying how profitable excavations is.

Gio's suggestion of further INCREASING that profit (with the possibility of losing money, whether it be because of people being lazy or forgetting) is a great suggestion. Money sink, check. Profitable, check. will not ruin the economy of the game, check. +1 here if the message isnt clear to people reading yet.

• Haha 1

NABFINAL.gif.c9515b1a0e3cab7447d68b179fdfed87.gif