V-sync Settings ON causes Game usage be 9 x GPU and 5 x CPU usage.

Greetings folks,

I've noticed a very weird extremely high usage from the game. Whenever I enter this cave, the PC fans screams. After a little digging I found out that the problem is when I enter the cave GPU usage jumps from 40ish to 90ish.

That is like saying caves consume 100% more resources while it doesn't make any sense at all. 

Also I've noticed that pokedex takes really long time every time I open it.

Last thing I wanna say is please try to optimise resources usage, why does the GPU usage jumps from 45 to 80% when I leave it on the login screen?

I mean it shouldn't be doing anything at that time why does it consume double the resources.

Just to clarify that my computer specs are way more than enough for this game.

I have i7-9700k, 2080s GPU, 32 gigs of ram, and 1 TB SSD.

Screenshots of usage:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by saud97

Just to add, I don't know if this apply to the other caves in game.

Update:

I discovered what was the problem in your client, it appears turning on V-Sync makes usage 9 times normal usage. I recommend either fixing the settings or removing it.

When v-sync was on it was saying 144 fps and it was locked. However what I disabled it and set the FPS manually to 150 fps, it was 9 times lower usage of GPU and 5 times less CPU.

TL;DR,

V-sync makes GPU consumption 9x and CPU consumption 5x approximately.

Hence this is why the PC fans were screaming and the pokedex was too slow (takes 5+ seconds to open)

Disabling the settings have solved my problems but I believe other people will definitely suffer if this was not fixed.

Screenshot:

spacer.png

Edited by saud97

• Saud97 changed the title to V-sync Settings ON causes Game usage be 9 x GPU and 5 x CPU usage.