[WIP] beginners guide to trade chat and economy

Chonky

Welcome to Trade Chat!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overview

Hello, I'm Chonky and welcome to my first guide! In this guide I will be discussing the basics

of selling things in PRO which includes:

What is a sellable poke?

How should I price a poke?

The economy... what's that?

Should I auction a poke?

Poke for poke trades?

While I am from gold server, I will try my best to provide universal information that both gold

and silver players can use since the economies are different.

What is a sellable poke?/ How should I price a poke?

I've combined these 2 categories since they run hand in hand

Lets jump right in to the biggest part of this guide. What is a sellable poke and how do I price it?

Let me start by breaking down what pokes are being sold into 5 groups:

Dex pokes

Story pokes

Special form pokes

Boss pokes

Pvp pokes

Dex pokes

A dex poke is a poke that a player

needs to help fill their pokedex for whatever reason it may be or is a poke that a player

collects. These pokes are typically higher tier pokes that are difficult to hunt and have trash

ivs, nature, and/or ability. A dex poke is worth 5-10k on gold server.

A good example of a dex poke would be this smeargle:

Spoiler

118059730_Screenshot(95).png.5d203c3654214633abda02364eb1f090.png

Since smeargle is a tier 8 poke that is only repellable with ms, it is a great example of a dex poke.

Story pokes

A story poke is a poke which does not have

great ivs, nature and/or ability but its different from a dex poke because

at the very least it is level trained (it may also have random evs due to not being

properly trained when used during story). A story poke is worth around 30k on gold server.

A good example of a story poke would be a starter like this typhlosion:

Spoiler

636551400_Screenshot(98).png.4f69a6cd1e55904dd18e0ad3c2bf58fc.png

As you can see it has decent levels, trash ivs and nature and random evs.

typically when selling a story poke it should be level 80 or above

Special form pokes

Special form pokes include shiny, event and pink forms.

These special form pokes are very hard to come by which makes the more valuable. The odds of encountering

a shiny pokes is 1/8192 and the odds of a pink/ event poke are estimated to be 1/750. Even if the ivs, nature and/or abi

are trash on these pokes, they are still very sellable.

The price of shinies depends on the tier of the poke. A tier 1 poke

like gastly or pidgey will sell for around 30k if shiny while a tier 8 poke like ralts will sell for upwards of 15m!

Event pokes on the other hand sell for a little less since they are more common. Again, these pokes depend on tier so a

tier 1 poke like halloween gastly will sell for around 15k while a tier 8 poke like halloween ralts or froakie will sell for around 1.5m - 2m. 

event form pokes gain value over time! for example, the prices I listed before are if the poke is being sold during the event, however,

if you wait a few weeks the value of a tier 1 will jump to around 80k and the value of a tier 8 will be around 2m - 2.5m. 

Pink pokes should be worth the same amount as an event poke during the event since the odds of finding them are the same,

they are just available year round.

If a special form poke is pvpable (proper nature, ivs, ability) its value increases immensely

Heres an example of some special form

pokes as well as some pricing info of event pokes being sold during their respective event (based of halloween event 2020) (all

prices listed based off of gold server since I am not sure of the value on silver) :

Spoiler

2123092502_Screenshot(97).png.bcf70065d9d55d2f3b256be047a172e3.png                 1917179293_Screenshot(99).png.ff2ee7c18045264547a9e4e0890871db.png

Here we have a halloween gastly as well as a shiny slugma.

Event poke pricing

(prices based off of trash pokes, pvpable or bossable increase value insanely)

a tier 1-3 event pokes can range from 15k-150k 

a tier 4-6 event poke can range from 300k-600k

any pokes tier 7+ can range from 1m-3m

Boss pokes

At this point the nature, ivs and ability start to matter so if you are unsure about

any of these things please check out this stats guide made by my friend bhimoso. A boss poke is a poke that is used for 

fighting bosses and I'll be going over different types and their prices. Lets start with a team that has become very popular

recently, the sharpedo team. This team uses 5 sharpedos and a wobbuffet (but due to a recent patch you may have to

replace one of the sharpedos with another wobbuffet or chansey). If you wish to sell sharpedos for bosses make sure they are

speed boost ability, +speed nature and have at least 10 speed ivs. The higher the speed, the more you can sell for. You could

sell bossable sharpedos for 100k-300k or untrained bossable carvanhas for 20k-100k. Now I wont be going over each type 

of boss poke and what they are worth but ill guide you with prices. A trained tier 1-5 boss poke like pidgeot or furret can range anywhere

from 100k to 500k depending on ivs, nautre and ability. Higher tier trained boss pokes like wobbuffet and chansey can sell anywhere

from 300k to over 1m, again, depending on ivs, nature and ability. (the prices listed above are in gold server since I am not sure

how the economy is on silver). Here is a good example of a screens poke used for bosses: 

Spoiler

413864718_Screenshot(96).png.8132198f392a083c38e2258afa4fceae.png

This tier 8 kefki could sell for around 500k due to nice bulk ivs, correct ability, good nature and fully ev and level trained.

PVP pokes

Players are very specific about what they buy for

pvp so that they can be able to have the upper hand in a battle. In order to label a poke as pvpable it must be the correct nature,

ability and have 20+ ivs in the important areas, sometimes more. PLEASE DO NOT LABLE A NEUTRAL NATURE POKE AS PVPABLE, 

its just not true. Furthermore, the term pvpable does not apply to all pokes. Never will anyone want to buy a pvpable

rattata because ratice is just not good in pvp. If you would like to know what people are into buying, you can check the top 25

pokes being used each month in each server on the PRO discord server.

Now lets get into pricing, a trained pvp poke can range from 100k-30m so I'm not going to name each poke and their

value but I will provide information to help you gauge the value of your pokes.

One of the most important things its tier, a low tier will sell for less than a high tier, simple.

Another thing is ivs, the closer the important ivs are to 31, the more the poke will sell for. And when I mention important ivs

you may be confused so let me elaborate, a gardevoir, for example, is a special attacking pokemon, meaning that its attack

stat is not important, a 6x20 gardevoir is worth the same amount as a 5x20 with 01 atk. And a gengar, for example, is only

based off of spatk because for a gengar to be pvpable it needs 31 speed and high special attack, the other stats

are not important at all.

Next is ability, some pokes, like gengar, only have 1 ability so you don't have to worry about hunting a certain

ability, but other pokes require certain abilities, such as togekiss requires serene grace ability.

Next is nature, each poke can only use a few natures for pvp so if you are considering selling a "pvp" poke that has a

wrong nature, don't bother. it's basically worthless.

Another important aspect is evs, if you are selling a pvp poke make sure it is ev train correctly,

I wont get into proper ev training here. You can sell a pvp poke untrain as well, it will just be worth a whole lot less

so I recommend training all pokes before selling.

Below are a few example of trained and untrained pvp pokes:

Spoiler

2084957617_Screenshot(18).png.4ef7577a9832a4118038f204f63ba71b.png

1558558039_Screenshot(82).png.be50930e0226eb47dd2e3dd9e9d1d9e8.png 

1766398149_Screenshot(94).png.623aafe952b5e35baad3b1c3653cc422.png

These pokes all have a good nature, ability and ivs.

The Economy

This will just be a short little section about what the economy is

If you are familiar with the way the economy works in real life, go ahead and skip over this section,

if not then stick around. The economy determines the value of everything in the game. I will use items such as

coin capsules and iv rerolls for example since they are universal. A couple months ago, you could buy a coin 

capsule for just under 400k on gold server, but now they seem to cost a little over 400k. And with nature rerolls, you 

find them at around 700k-750k, but a couple years ago they used to be worth 1m since they were harder to come by.

The money in circulation also affect the economy because if all of the sellers have a lot of the money

in circulation, people will be buying less and if the buyers have most of the money in circulation, more things

will be sold. And based off that you can see how it would be a bit of a back and forth which is why the prices of things

subtly shift up and down.

Auctions! and should I do them?

Here I will be discussing which types of pokes you should host and auction for

Auctions are pretty simple in the game, you set a starting price, instant price and time. You can check out one of my

past auction here. Auctions are typically more tedious than just selling a poke in trade chat but sometimes you can

make more money that way. If you are considering doing an auction here are the guidelines I follow:

1) The poke must be popular in pvp right now to encourage more bids

2) The poke must be at least tier 7

3) The poke must be highly pvpable (at least 21 or 22+) OR the poke must be an extremely rare shiny (or both!).

When I host an auction I like to set a lot start offer and a low min bid. If you expect to get 1m or less, set the min bid

at 50k, otherwise set it at 100k or 200k, setting a lower min bid like 50k encourages more people to bid. I like to

set my auctions at 24 hours because once you start, you have to advertise the heck out of it until it finishes so

that the most people possible see it (and after a day it gets pretty boring). A little tip is setting items (cc, rr and nat rr)

at a bit lower than what they're worth, maybe 50k at most. This is because if you chose to sell them, you can make a little

extra. 

Poke for poke trades!

In this section I'll describe poke for poke trades and why I try to avoid them

In a poke for poke trade, there is no such thing as a "fair" trade unless you

are trading a literal clone of the poke. In a poke for poke trade, one person will always

get a less valuable poke, while it might not be by much, the value is entirely based

off of what each individual is willing to spend. I only advise poke for poke trades if you

are seeking a specific poke. If I have a nice clefable I don't need anymore and I really need a venusaur 

for pvp, I do not mind if the clefable is "less valuable" than the venusaur because I do not need

the clefable and I do need the venusaur. So unless you are seeking a specific poke that you need, I 

do not suggest poke for poke trades.

Thanks for taking a look at my first guide 🙂 

I hope I was able to provide useful information

If you have any feedback do not hesitate to reply with the feedback or send it to my discord chOnk#8545

Edited by chOnky
  • Like 6

• 8 months later...