Pvp rewards

Pispi13

-1...boosting ladder pvpers more will destroy the meta...since double laddering is allowed, we can get coins from two ladders + coins quest from two servers (5 wins per week, 100 , 200 n 300 rating)...giving prizes to 400 and 500 rating will just make the gap bigger...the game should be designed in a way to motivate new players and drawn them to pvp...otherwise the meta will stagnate again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stavd said:

-1...boosting ladder pvpers more will destroy the meta...since double laddering is allowed, we can get coins from two ladders + coins quest from two servers (5 wins per week, 100 , 200 n 300 rating)...giving prizes to 400 and 500 rating will just make the gap bigger...the game should be designed in a way to motivate new players and drawn them to pvp...otherwise the meta will stagnate again...

Its not gonna destroy the economy or something as u say (if something pve is much more  profitable without requiring any skill at all) . Im not saying big rewards , something small just to motivate ppl into pvp . Do u enjoy pvp as it is rn ? Cause rn there is really low competition in pvp imo.  Anyone can play a decent team while being mediocre player and get ladder easily. With the rewards added , players that usually get 300  rating just for the reward and stop there  will be intrigued and motivated to go higher so pvp scene  will become more competitive imo 

Edited by Pispi13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stavd said:

1- Boosting ladder pvpers will not break the meta , it's ladder pvpers that actually need a boost , lets do some simple math :

Let's say the average ladder player gets 500 pvp coins each month , if you translate that into in game money , that's worth around 2.5m ( the item with the most value to buy with pvp coins is masterballs at 10 pvp coins each , 50k*50=2.5m) .THAT'S PER MONTH . Now let's say this person gets ladder on both servers , that is 5m per month. Do you actually think that 5m per month is actually going to break the economy? Have you seen how much pve players , people who do services , and hunters are making? Let's do some simple math again : the aevrage boss gives around 30k on hard difficulty  , and thats 20 bosses a week , thats 600k a week = 2.4m a month , and thats considering they do it on only one account , and they are allowed 4 , that's 9.6m GUARANTEED PER MONTH for an activity that takes around 2 hours per week per account . That's double  what pvp players earn in a month that actually takes alot less time than pvp which brings up my next point.

2- The time investment to get 500+ rating is absolutely not worth the rewards :

Unless you're some kind of god who doesn't lose any games , getting to around 500 rating is not exactly an easy feat. Some are going to say that they very easily got 500 rating in the past , but in the past getting higher rating was actually easier . You won more points for winning and you lost less points for losing. But now , how many players do you see above 500 rating? Maybe 1-2 per server? It's by no means an easy feat , at 400+ rating you're winning around 7-8 points from defeating people around 300 rating and losing 20-25 per loss. And if you literally win all your games , which will never happen due to the rng factor in the game , it takes around 60 wins and 0 losses to get 500+ rating. That is ASSUMING you win all your games and you do not fall victim to any rng shenanigans or crashes which WILL happen . Unlike showdown , the game pace in pro is very very slow . The queues are long , and even longer with the new min rating option , the animations and transitions are long and the average pro player takes alot of time to decide their move. Unless you crush your every match , each (match + queue) take around 10 minutes . Assuming you win all your matches , getting 500+ rating equals 600 minutes or 10 hours for ONE server  . Again assuming you win ALL your matches somehow which is by no almost impossible  , congratulations you earned yourself 2.5m in 10 hours , i'm talking about a literally perfect scenario which is by no means close to reality.  According my point number 1 , if you spend 8 hours doing bosses per week  on your 4 accounts , that is guaranteed 2.4 m each week . And you re arguing how boosting rewards from pvp is going to break the economy?  But the thing is , pvp players do not play pvp for the rewards , if they wanted rewards  and money they would just go and do pve , it's mathemathically more benificial and time efficient to do pve than pvp , the pvp rewards are just nice to have , and having better rewards will just encourage people to try pvp (100 , 200  , 300 rating rewards is a great example and a step in the right direction)  , but pvp players are just feeling frustrated because of how bad the rewards compared to pve for how much effort they put in.

3- Boosting pvp rewards is actually going to encourage more people to pvp and try and reach new heights :

I am personally in 2 guilds in the game , and since the implementation of the 100 , 200 and 300 , i have seen a drastic increase in pvpers in both guilds . More people are welcoming the idea of trying out pvp , and alot of them actually liked it and stuck with it. They are mostly stopping at the 100 and 200 benchmark but that's fine to be honest , it's giving the pvp ladder a fresh experience and helping it revive . Rewards for 400 and 500 rating will make players actually try to push even further than they ever reached before , players  who reached 300 last season will have a new goal to reach 400 this one , thoes who reached 400 will go for 500 and so on...  What motivation is better than this? You are giving players rewards for doing something they actually enjoy . You're introducing more people to pvp by promising them rewards , how is this stagnating the meta? Pvp is what keeps this game alive . PVErs hunt pokemon so that PVPers will use them in pvp , the more people that get into pvp the more alive the game will get , it's simple demand and supply. 

I can still go on about how stressful , and mentally exhausting pvp is , i haven't even included how much hunters make per month because there is no math for that since it's competely rng dependant , but anyone that hunted before can assure you that they definitely make per month way more than the average pvp player , with less time invested  , and with less stress involved . Geting 500+ rating is a nightmarish experience for most . It's an accomplishment that not every person could do , and only one or two people that upvoted this post actually made it there.  But people who didnt reach that height still upovted it because it's going to encourage them to go for it in the future. In the current pvp ladder , players just reach a "safe" spot on the ladder and just stop there . If that's not stagnation ,  i don't know what is . They want to go for higher rating but they have no reason to , its very high risk with absolutely no reward , which just kills the competitiveness of the game . And like @Pispi13 said  , we're not asking for much , we're just asking for a hallmark that actually proves we accomplished something , i don't think that's much to ask.

Edited by Ghabra
  • Like 4

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

12 hours ago, Ghabra said:

1- Boosting ladder pvpers will not break the meta , it's ladder pvpers that actually need a boost , lets do some simple math :

Let's say the average ladder player gets 500 pvp coins each month , if you translate that into in game money , that's worth around 2.5m ( the item with the most value to buy with pvp coins is masterballs at 10 pvp coins each , 50k*50=2.5m) .THAT'S PER MONTH . Now let's say this person gets ladder on both servers , that is 5m per month. Do you actually think that 5m per month is actually going to break the economy? Have you seen how much pve players , people who do services , and hunters are making? Let's do some simple math again : the aevrage boss gives around 30k on hard difficulty  , and thats 20 bosses a week , thats 600k a week = 2.4m a month , and thats considering they do it on only one account , and they are allowed 4 , that's 9.6m GUARANTEED PER MONTH for an activity that takes around 2 hours per week per account . That's double  what pvp players earn in a month that actually takes alot less time than pvp which brings up my next point.

2- The time investment to get 500+ rating is absolutely not worth the rewards :

Unless you're some kind of god who doesn't lose any games , getting to around 500 rating is not exactly an easy feat. Some are going to say that they very easily got 500 rating in the past , but in the past getting higher rating was actually easier . You won more points for winning and you lost less points for losing. But now , how many players do you see above 500 rating? Maybe 1-2 per server? It's by no means an easy feat , at 400+ rating you're winning around 7-8 points from defeating people around 300 rating and losing 20-25 per loss. And if you literally win all your games , which will never happen due to the rng factor in the game , it takes around 60 wins and 0 losses to get 500+ rating. That is ASSUMING you win all your games and you do not fall victim to any rng shenanigans or crashes which WILL happen . Unlike showdown , the game pace in pro is very very slow . The queues are long , and even longer with the new min rating option , the animations and transitions are long and the average pro player takes alot of time to decide their move. Unless you crush your every match , each (match + queue) take around 10 minutes . Assuming you win all your matches , getting 500+ rating equals 600 minutes or 10 hours for ONE server  . Again assuming you win ALL your matches somehow which is by no almost impossible  , congratulations you earned yourself 2.5m in 10 hours , i'm talking about a literally perfect scenario which is by no means close to reality.  According my point number 1 , if you spend 8 hours doing bosses per week  on your 4 accounts , that is guaranteed 2.4 m each week . And you re arguing how boosting rewards from pvp is going to break the economy?  But the thing is , pvp players do not play pvp for the rewards , if they wanted rewards  and money they would just go and do pve , it's mathemathically more benificial and time efficient to do pve than pvp , the pvp rewards are just nice to have , and having better rewards will just encourage people to try pvp (100 , 200  , 300 rating rewards is a great example and a step in the right direction)  , but pvp players are just feeling frustrated because of how bad the rewards compared to pve for how much effort they put in.

3- Boosting pvp rewards is actually going to encourage more people to pvp and try and reach new heights :

I am personally in 2 guilds in the game , and since the implementation of the 100 , 200 and 300 , i have seen a drastic increase in pvpers in both guilds . More people are welcoming the idea of trying out pvp , and alot of them actually liked it and stuck with it. They are mostly stopping at the 100 and 200 benchmark but that's fine to be honest , it's giving the pvp ladder a fresh experience and helping it revive . Rewards for 400 and 500 rating will make players actually try to push even further than they ever reached before , players  who reached 300 last season will have a new goal to reach 400 this one , thoes who reached 400 will go for 500 and so on...  What motivation is better than this? You are giving players rewards for doing something they actually enjoy . You're introducing more people to pvp by promising them rewards , how is this stagnating the meta? Pvp is what keeps this game alive . PVErs hunt pokemon so that PVPers will use them in pvp , the more people that get into pvp the more alive the game will get , it's simple demand and supply. 

I can still go on about how stressful , and mentally exhausting pvp is , i haven't even included how much hunters make per month because there is no math for that since it's competely rng dependant , but anyone that hunted before can assure you that they definitely make per month way more than the average pvp player , with less time invested  , and with less stress involved . Geting 500+ rating is a nightmarish experience for most . It's an accomplishment that not every person could do , and only one or two people that upvoted this post actually made it there.  But people who didnt reach that height still upovted it because it's going to encourage them to go for it in the future. In the current pvp ladder , players just reach a "safe" spot on the ladder and just stop there . If that's not stagnation ,  i don't know what is . They want to go for higher rating but they have no reason to , its very high risk with absolutely no reward , which just kills the competitiveness of the game . And like @Pispi13 said  , we're not asking for much , we're just asking for a hallmark that actually proves we accomplished something , i don't think that's much to ask.

Ghabra for president +10000000

• Like 3

For a game without any form of toxicity.

Ign : GDarch

Discord : GDarch#5224

spacer.png