PROClient.exe being removed from the PRO Folder

Heroofthestreet

During the past few days, while I was playing PRO on my pc, the game randomly crashed for me. I quickly logged in and tried to log in with both of my accounts (obviously in two seperate windows). The game instatnly crashed and the PROClient.exe file got removed from my PRO Folder (everything else remained intact there). When I tried to extract it back, I was being asked by the system for an admin permission (which I have btw and it seeked the admin permission only for puting the PROClient.exe). I continued and it refused to put the PROClient.exe in the folder. Later I somehow managed to do it by having multiple folders in the same folder (then the system allowed me to put it there). Today it happened again, in a pretty much similar scenario. This time I managed to normally extract the entire PRO folder (including the PROClient.exe file), without any complications (i wasn't asked for admin permission and such). Shortly after it happened today, I was randomly talking with a friend of mine, just to realize the same happened to him, with the difference being that he wasn't opening two seperate PRO windows at once. 

We both use windows 10 and avast antivirus

Greetings, @HeroOfTheStreet

Does this issue also occur if Avast Antivirus is disabled or if you add PROClient.exe as an exception? Could you try both methods? (aside from having given it admin permissions previously)

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Kvar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kvar said:

Greetings, @HeroOfTheStreet

Does this issue also occur if Avast Antivirus is disabled or if you add PROClient.exe as an exception? Could you try both methods? (aside from having given it admin permissions previously)

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Kvar

Ah, yeah. It was actually taken away by Avast. I didn't check beforehand as I already made that exception many months ago. Sometime after that I deleted the game and haven't played it for more than three months, so that must've been the reason why the antivirus has put it back on the list of threats. I added an exception for it now. Let's see how it goes, although I suppose it should all be fine now. Thanks for the help

1 minute ago, HeroOfTheStreet said:

Ah, yeah. It was actually taken away by Avast. I didn't check beforehand as I already made that exception many months ago. Sometime after that I deleted the game and haven't played it for more than three months, so that must've been the reason why the antivirus has put it back on the list of threats. I added an exception for it now. Let's see how it goes, although I suppose it should all be fine now. Thanks for the help

Glad to know your issue was resolved! If you have any other questions, please let us know 🙂 I'll now be locking this thread.

Kind regards,

Kvar

• Kvar locked this topic